• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Thanks for the helpful reply.

I actually did this experiment two days ago and it lost ~3-4 minutes after 24 hours. This is extremely disheartening since i spent almost $700 from InTime on this and it cannot perform to the same accuracy as my $100 Seiko.

I have contacted Ryan about this but he has not replied yet. The QC pics seemed good and showed the calibration was within range. I'd hate to bring this in locally to pay an additional ~$200 to have it serviced.

The amplitude is obviously fine (assuming that's actually the watch you've been sent). 3-4 minutes a day is obviously not fine.

​​​​​See what Ryan has to say, although posting it back to China isn't really a good idea anyway unfortunately.

The only realistic option is to have someone to look at it and assess the problem.

​​​​​​

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
I'd hate to bring this in locally to pay an additional ~$200 to have it serviced.

I wouldn't feel too bad about that. The watch is essentially running dry from the factory and the parts will suffer from a lot of wear without the correct lubrication, so I'd suggest it was serviced anyway.

Finding replacements for worn parts (which could have been avoided) in the future is going to be a bigger headache. These movements are excellent but we have to look after them.

Reactions: freediver and jcher

mraccountant

Known Member
6/1/19
hi gius, where can I buy a CF bezel and an ARF bracelet? I saw the list of trust dealers but I can't find a number to contact them

johnchong

Horology Curious
30/3/15
I wouldn't feel too bad about that. The watch is essentially running dry from the factory and the parts will suffer from a lot of wear without the correct lubrication, so I'd suggest it was serviced anyway.

Finding replacements for worn parts (which could have been avoided) in the future is going to be a bigger headache. These movements are excellent but we have to look after them.

Do you have advice on which type of watch service shops to look for? I'd be hesitant to bring in a replica Rolex to the more reputable shops, and at the same time I don't want to bring such a complicated piece to someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Mraccountant is your noob bezel bevelled around the engravings ? Mines out for delivery right now ! hoping it's good enough out of the box.

mraccountant

Known Member
6/1/19
Yes it’s good but i prefer the CF bezel because in the light it shines more and the numbers are brighter

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Do you have advice on which type of watch service shops to look for? I'd be hesitant to bring in a replica Rolex to the more reputable shops, and at the same time I don't want to bring such a complicated piece to someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

We have a section here with watchmakers that can repair your watch.

Where are you based?

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Just got mine in , Watch is awesome overall. Bezel the best yet. I see what some meant about the daytona text it is a step back a bit where its too light now , Bracelet and clasp I feel is junk though maybe just needs oiled but no comparison to the ARF one perhaps il swap them over, Sel is great now looks like they improved them all on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcher and LaPavel

Swiss Maiden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/19
Just got mine in , Watch is awesome overall. Bezel the best yet. I see what some meant about the daytona text it is a step back a bit where its too light now , Bracelet and clasp I feel is junk though maybe just needs oiled but no comparison to the ARF one perhaps il swap them over, Sel is great now looks like they improved them all on that.

Pictures please!