• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

WenR

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
19/7/18
Yes, it is 116520 :)
its impossible to get 116500 gen dial, no matter how expensive it is, im sure alot of member can afford to buy one. But well,,, its impossible to get :D

watchsorz

Horology Curious
16/8/18
Is the CF Bezel worth the money in terms of looks? I'm pretty transparent about wearing reps, so I care more about the looks and the movement inside than if every detail is the same. I'm trying to justify if I should service the watch or buy the bezel. It keeps time pretty well, 3 or less seconds gained a day.

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Is the CF Bezel worth the money in terms of looks? I'm pretty transparent about wearing reps, so I care more about the looks and the movement inside than if every detail is the same. I'm trying to justify if I should service the watch or buy the bezel. It keeps time pretty well, 3 or less seconds gained a day.

There's a thread about this, please take 2 minutes to search

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
How about this?
https://puretimewatch.io/rolex-daytona-black-ceramic-bezel-twf-only-ceramic-plate.html
6bc61cc5e698ac042f55060b106cdf91.jpg

Swiss Maiden

20/9/19
The rep manufacturers are getting greedy.... And they are drastically increasing prices across the board due to strong demand (similar to the gen world's grey market).

Honestly, paying north of 120 dollars for a ceramic insert is a little ridiculous. Specially to pair with a rep watch that already costs 700+ with shipping.

I bet you that CF company has ridiculous margins, it probably costs them 15 dollars to manufacture that piece (and that's being generous).

It is not about what is your income or what you can afford --> I draw the line where I feel I am getting ripped off....

For example, I know a mercedes benz is better than a toyota (let's say similar to how a CF bezel is bettern than a Noob bezel), but if someone wants me to pay 10x what the benz actually costs, I am very happy with the toyota.....

Similarly, a "traditional SUBMARINER rep" with a traditional "chinese rep movement" costing over 500 dollars these days is a little ridiculous in my opinion.

Reactions: Rolemars

watchsorz

Horology Curious
16/8/18
The rep manufacturers are getting greedy.... And they are drastically increasing prices across the board due to strong demand (similar to the gen world's grey market).

Honestly, paying north of 120 dollars for a ceramic insert is a little ridiculous. Specially to pair with a rep watch that already costs 700+ with shipping.

I bet you that CF company has ridiculous margins, it probably costs them 15 dollars to manufacture that piece (and that's being generous).

It is not about what is your income or what you can afford --> I draw the line where I feel I am getting ripped off....

For example, I know a mercedes benz is better than a toyota (let's say similar to how a CF bezel is bettern than a Noob bezel), but if someone wants me to pay 10x what the benz actually costs, I am very happy with the toyota.....

Similarly, a "traditional SUBMARINER rep" with a traditional "chinese rep movement" costing over 500 dollars these days is a little ridiculous in my opinion.

You would be surprised how little they actually earn on each watch, the cost of production is not that far from their asking price in most cases. And that's in spite of how much they hurry to assemble them as poorly as they do. The increase in cost I think comes down to more advanced machinery used to produce better reps.

In case of the CF bezel, I suspect it is more or less the same.

Last edited:

WenR

MULTI ACCOUNT
19/7/18
I dont think its greedy. Its fair price for CF bezel if u ask me,,, well there’s always a price for a quality.

This is a rep game, its a saving money game, if u have saved enough money, then u buy the gen part n put in the watch, and if u dont have the money then enjoy what u have on your wrist,,, and continue like that until u happy with your build.

Complaining the price dont solve anything, its back to yourself, u want to buy it or skip it. N since the v3 bezel already great, u shouldnt feel u are force to buy CF bezel.

esquivo

2/8/16
I just received my QC pictures two days after my TD got the money (crazy fast!) for my Daytona+CF bezel and I have a couple of questions and would like to have your help.

1. I'm assuming this is a CF bezel but is there a way to tell for sure without direct comparison with Noob or others?

2. Is it just me or this clasp looks really bad? or is it "normal"?

(I'm on my 5th rep and I know that QC tend to magnify almost invisible issues...)

Thanks!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I just received my QC pictures two days after my TD got the money (crazy fast!) for my Daytona+CF bezel and I have a couple of questions and would like to have your help.

1. I'm assuming this is a CF bezel but is there a way to tell for sure without direct comparison with Noob

2. Is it just me or this clasp looks really bad? or is it "normal"?

(I'm on my 5th rep and I know that QC tend to magnify almost invisible issues...)

Thanks!

I'm not sure but I think it's still the noob bezel on. They would probably ask you to accept QC first before they mount the bezel

The clasp is fine. What you see is the plastic protection

esquivo

2/8/16
I'm not sure but I think it's still the noob bezel on. They would probably ask you to accept QC first before they mount the bezel

The clasp is fine. What you see is the plastic protection

TD said this was with CF bezel but I will confirm that.

Regarding the clasp I was talking about this: