• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

SRBJKU

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/19
Fujinabe, It looks good to me. I had to look for it and probably would my have noticed it if you hadn't mentioned it. Are these in stock, or did you have to wait? I am going to order one this week, my first Rep, as soon as I decide if I am going the Bitcoin route, or something like Transferwire.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Just got my v3 today. It's beautiful. Only thing driving me a little paranoid is the hand on the 30minute subdial being a little off about 1degree to the left or so... I might just be mad.
dd42fbc19baf3b87e8a0cadccbb5d83e.jpg
e44ef5f8f660b235308ca19c26c66567.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Edited#1 attached grid pic. I'm not crazy after all. May be just a fraction of a degree right?
f21ddc85728e6ecd75c9fa337a339c18.jpg

That's an easy fix . Look at that perfect sel fitment ! Be happy that's good.
Dial coronet looks very good for a rep .
Lugs look better than others i've seen.

Magna_Graecia

6/10/19
Just got my v3 today. It's beautiful. Only thing driving me a little paranoid is the hand on the 30minute subdial being a little off about 1degree to the left or so... I might just be mad.

Edited#1 attached grid pic. I'm not crazy after all. May be just a fraction of a degree right?

I can see what you're saying, but I agree with SRBJKU in that it's difficult to notice without it being pointed out, so you should take comfort in that. Don't let it make you go crazy because everything else is pretty spot-on. I'd be more concerned about the bright orangey DAYTONA text that's supposed to be more of a ruby red as per gen, but this is already a known and small issue. All in all 99% of people aren't going to spot that rep, and anyone who does is going to notice the text before the subdial alignment

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15

Oh my god hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rxc330

Fujinabe

Horology Curious
9/11/18
Fujinabe, It looks good to me. I had to look for it and probably would my have noticed it if you hadn't mentioned it. Are these in stock, or did you have to wait? I am going to order one this week, my first Rep, as soon as I decide if I am going the Bitcoin route, or something like Transferwire.
Hey mate, I've ordered it from a seller off Weidian instead of going through the usual TD route. I've had to wait about 10days after placing my order with him,rejected the 1st piece and landed with this.

If this is your first, Ryan is your go to man.

Fujinabe

Horology Curious
9/11/18
That's an easy fix . Look at that perfect sel fitment ! Be happy that's good.
Dial coronet looks very good for a rep .
Lugs look better than others i've seen.
Thabnks for the assurance. I'm going to send my watch in for servicing. Going to have this remediate too! Thought I'd roll the dice with this piece, 100% SEL fitting is key cause that's the only thing he cant fix.. haha

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

Fujinabe

Horology Curious
9/11/18
I can see what you're saying, but I agree with SRBJKU in that it's difficult to notice without it being pointed out, so you should take comfort in that. Don't let it make you go crazy because everything else is pretty spot-on. I'd be more concerned about the bright orangey DAYTONA text that's supposed to be more of a ruby red as per gen, but this is already a known and small issue. All in all 99% of people aren't going to spot that rep, and anyone who does is going to notice the text before the subdial alignment
Hey Magna, thanks for the comments. I am really happy to receive this copy. The alignment on everything else is bang on. Even the SEL fitting is remarkable for a rep. Not any play in it. Way way better. Bracelet to be honest is fantastic. There's absolutely nothing to hate on this. 10/10 will recommend this v3.
fb33ef4742d8f88e06df26964db8fcf7.jpg

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Thabnks for the assurance. I'm going to send my watch in for servicing. Going to have this remediate too! Thought I'd roll the dice with this piece, 100% SEL fitting is key cause that's the only thing he cant fix.. haha

As long as it's going in for servicing, if you really want to get fussy, I see a couple issues for your Watch Smith to address...

- First, when adding guide lines to a picture, you need to make sure that the picture is truly level.
- As you said, the small hand for the Minute sub-dial appears off very slightly, to the left.
- The large Seconds chronograph hand is also appears off very slightly, to the right.
- The Bezel is misaligned slightly to the right also.
- The Dial is not centered in Case.

On the positive side, the SELs from Noob have been looking very good lately.
zheKk.jpg

Last edited:

Fujinabe

Horology Curious
9/11/18
As long as it's going in for servicing, if you really want to get fussy, I see a couple issues for your Watch Smith to address...

- First, when adding guide lines to a picture, you need to make sure that the picture is truly level.
- As you said, the small hand for the Minute sub-dial appears off very slightly, to the left.
- The large Seconds chronograph hand is also appears off very slightly, to the right.
- The Bezel is misaligned slightly to the right also.
- The Dial is not centered in Case.

On the positive side, the SELs from Noob have been looking very good lately.
zheKk.jpg
Hi Scott,

Thanks for having a look! Will communicate all that to the mate that is servicing this timepiece.

Just had a glance over and all your points mentioned are bang on.

Will share more updates here once the alignment and full servicing is completed!

If anyone has any questions do ask away!

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Wow it looks like they managed to fix the bracelet. In this last example I don't see soft corners and SEL is perfectly recessed!

italym21

Known Member
21/3/19
italy
i guys, i'm sorry but not have time to read 62 pages.. the ceramic bezel is better noob v3 or Clean Factrory?

ineedhelpnow

29/9/17
Hi I often see those picture regarding poot SEL, gaps, excess, dial and bezel misalignment, etc.. as a newbie buying a noob panda v3, are these draw of the luck? How can I make sure that the TD source a good one for me? Thanks. Definitely getting one but not doing any mods. At least for now.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Hi I often see those picture regarding poot SEL, gaps, excess, dial and bezel misalignment, etc.. as a newbie buying a noob panda v3, are these draw of the luck? How can I make sure that the TD source a good one for me? Thanks. Definitely getting one but not doing any mods. At least for now.

Buy it and i promise you will not see all these gaps, they disappear on the wrist !

mujidominic

Renowned Member
28/8/15
Yes, try not to focus too much on the little flaws, it blows you away once you have it on the wrist.

I'm loving mine so far:

C672-B66-B-56-E4-430-E-A8-A2-82-BC4-F7902-A7.jpg

Reactions: JDM180

ineedhelpnow

29/9/17
Will do. Just placed an order with Li. Will post some photos here once I have some pics.