• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

prowatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/19
Just got 2x Daytona V3 Noob in White. Having 2 examples side by side reveals some manufacturing flaw that you guys should watch out for.

1. is the alignment of the bezel.

2. is the alignment of the clasp

I will show you what I mean with the clasp:

jMcxR.png

Looking inside, you can see they spilled solder onto it.

jsZlK.png

Vs my good copy, which I would say is pretty damn perfect:

jsjfv.png

My first copy has both a misaligned bezel and the clasp has added solder due to a manufacturing error. My TD honestly angled his shot to hide these facts, which is mildly disappointing.

Long story short: Ask your TD to give you several angled shots of the bezel and clasp, it pays off.

Awesome tip!

domthedon030

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/19
Yes, there have been plenty of V3 black dial pics already on this forum. The "thinner subdials" on the intime website are simply a lightning effect. There is no difference in their thickness from the V2.2 subdials to the v3. Scott already posted a comparison about this as well.

I have personally spoken with Ryan at intime, and he informed me the only change for the V3 (white or black dials) is the BEZEL itself (that's it)...

I think any tangible improvements, in anything related to V3s (aside from the bezel), are simply luck for that specific watch (resulting from favorable aleatory circumstances of that particular watch's fabrication), and not a generality for "all V3s" going forward. (Same "luck" that made certain V2s better than other V2s.)

If other improvements would have legitimately been made, wouldn't you think all TDs would be passionately ADVERTISING them???

If people think SELs, subdial thickness, coronet, etc. have been improved, your simply under some sort of "V3 placebo" effect.

The images on InTimes site show a different dial. It’s not a lighting effect.

I assume they’re just using photos of a different watch and haven’t gotten round to uploading actual V3 images.

Looks like I’m going to end up ordering my second favourite in the panda since it’s the most accurate without modding! I can’t look past those awful subdials on the black, they just look Mickey Mouse.

Sent from the RWI App

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Swiss Maiden Here are all the things wrong about noob daytonas regarding case and bracelet IMO :

I've been studying daytona cases since the 7750 days. I'm not saying i'm an expert but i've seen a couple of gens and i was able to spot some very subtle differences that make the GEN a GEN.
What i mean is that when you look at a gen case or bracelet you may recognize it's gen ( premium looking and feeling ) but may fail to point out what exactly makes it feel that way .

1. Lugs are wrong ( case profile is wrong as well )

Gen profile is more rounded , fatter if you will . Especially on the left side .

38ab8e0e9dd819f81ff6593618855a8bbf0af6d4.jpg

5bfe640bc507d0f926c2f85eb65226367362c2f4.jpg

Now let's see the noob case , older models :

pre-order-daytona-116520-904l-ss-case-noob-1-1-best-edition-white-dial-on-904l-ss-bracelet-sa4130.jpg

Whats-App-Image-2019-10-10-at-19-08-16-2.jpg

See how the lugs look slimmer , less fat . I've exagerated the lines to point out what is wrong with the noob case .
Not a disaster but i can see it on every noob case i see ( at least before v3 - haven't seen that many v3 )

I think the domed side of the case should have been more domed if you will .
Whats-App-Image-2019-10-10-at-19-08-16-5.jpg

JF 23j case was the only case that almost nailed the lugs and the case domed side :

JF-vs-noob.png

2. Lug top surface inclination .

The gen case seen from the side differs from noob very much .

case.jpg

This is a rough representation just for you to get the ideea.

noob-comp.png

Now this not only makes the noob look diff from when viewed from the side but it makes it reflec light diff too :

Se how the gen reflects light ? :

Whats-App-Image-2019-10-10-at-19-08-16.jpg

You can see the light is angled especially when you get near the bezel. On the new ceramic case this is more obvious than than on the older simply because rolex has managed to make the top lug surface more flat !

Now here is a noob case :

Whats-App-Image-2019-10-10-at-19-08-16-4.jpg

See how the lugs reflect images in a straight line . Not angled towards the sides like the gen has.

This can be corrected . Here is a noob case modded by me :

Lug top surface is flat enaugh and light is reflected in an inclined fashion similar to the gen . Lugs are still too skinny though . Because noob lacks that side belly , domed part.

3. Lug tips :

Noob lug tips are flat , at least on my example. i don't have any older photos to proove this cause now mine is modded but here is a Jf case having the same issue :

Whats-App-Image-2019-10-10-at-19-10-57-2.jpg

now here is my modified noob :

Whats-App-Image-2019-10-10-at-19-10-57-1.jpg

if you don't belive that's how lug tips are supposed to be please feel free to check daytona videos online .

Now we come to the part where i stated that the v3 case has been impoved .

The new v3 case looks to have the side of the case more similar to the gen one . The light reflected on the lugs also appears to be more inclined especially near the bezel.
This may be a hit or miss depending on QC however. I've seen some that are not as good .

Side profile looks better :

Still wrong - lug tips :

Let's move on to the bracelet.

IMO ARF is defenetly better .
Better links, better clasp , better screws, better everything .
But the SEL is a bit narrower than the noob one so it will most probably fit with gaps .

1. Noob sel has the wrong shape !!

badly buit :

2. The SEL ( 1 milled piece ) should have had a diff shape on the back .
The noob one mimics the shape of the older 3 piece endlink.

Now here is a gen SEL back :

corect-se-L.jpg

69d6fc6324deb58a90be0e95cfaabead6cf05301.jpg

Now here is a 3 piece old model endlink :

3-pieces-sel-2.jpg

This old one is what noob has copied but instead of making it a 3 piece , they made it a SEL ( solid end link )

Voila , this was it . Hope this helps .
Sorry for the typos this was made in such a hurry.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Swiss Maiden Here are all the things wrong about noob daytonas regarding case and bracelet IMO :

I've been studying daytona cases since the 7750 days. I'm not saying i'm an expert but i've seen a couple of gens and i was able to spot some very subtle differences that make the GEN a GEN.
What i mean is that when you look at a gen case or bracelet you may recognize it's gen ( premium looking and feeling ) but may fail to point out what exactly makes it feel that way .

Gen profile is more rounded , fatter if you will . Especially on the left side .

pre-order-daytona-116520-904l-ss-case-noob-1-1-best-edition-white-dial-on-904l-ss-bracelet-sa4130.jpg

See how the lugs look slimmer , less fat . I've exagerated the lines to point out what is wrong with the noob case .
Not a disaster but i can see it on every noob case i see ( at least before v3 - haven't seen that many v3 )

JF 23j case was the only case that almost nailed the lugs and the case domed side :

JF-vs-noob.png

case.jpg

noob-comp.png

Now this not only makes the noob look diff from when viewed from the side but it makes it reflec light diff too :

You can see the light is angled especially when you get near the bezel. On the new ceramic case this is more obvious than than on the older simply because rolex has managed to make the top lug surface more flat !

See how the lugs reflect images in a straight line . Not angled towards the sides like the gen has.

Lug top surface is flat enaugh and light is reflected in an inclined fashion similar to the gen . Lugs are still too skinny though . Because noob lacks that side belly , domed part.

3. Lug tips :

Noob lug tips are flat , at least on my example. i don't have any older photos to proove this cause now mine is modded but here is a Jf case having the same issue :

if you don't belive that's how lug tips are supposed to be please feel free to check daytona videos online .

The new v3 case looks to have the side of the case more similar to the gen one . The light reflected on the lugs also appears to be more inclined especially near the bezel.
This may be a hit or miss depending on QC however. I've seen some that are not as good .

Still wrong - lug tips :

But the SEL is a bit narrower than the noob one so it will most probably fit with gaps .

badly buit :

corect-se-L.jpg

3-pieces-sel-2.jpg

This old one is what noob has copied but instead of making it a 3 piece , they made it a SEL ( solid end link )

Holy smokes this was amazing. It deserves to be awarded and be placed in a full review!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

watchsorz

Horology Curious
16/8/18

JF-vs-noob.png

case.jpg

noob-comp.png

3. Lug tips :

Still wrong - lug tips :

badly buit :

corect-se-L.jpg

3-pieces-sel-2.jpg

I can take some pictures with my iPhone 11 if you need some macro shot of the V3? I honestly think the lugs are thin on the V3.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
I can take some pictures with my iPhone 11 if you need some macro shot of the V3? I honestly think the lugs are thin on the V3.

please do . the lugs are still too skinny yes but the top part looks to be better . At least from the few pics i've seen.
have ordered one myself . so i should be able to properly review it once i'll have it .

watchsorz

Horology Curious
16/8/18
please do . the lugs are still too skinny yes but the top part looks to be better . At least from the few pics i've seen.
have ordered one myself . so i should be able to properly review it once i'll have it .

Note there are 2 different watches here, I tried to get some angles on the top lugs.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Holy smokes this was amazing. It deserves to be awarded and be placed in a full review!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Thank you !

I forgot to mention that the SEL recess i a big improvement on the V3.
On all older versions the SEL used to sit flush with the lugs. Or the recess was minimal .

Another minus of the older versions imo was that the sel was almost the same lenght as the lugs . Which was wrong.
On gens the sel is a tad shorter than the lugs .

Whats-App-Image-2019-10-10-at-19-10-57.jpg

now here is the v3 recess and more :

colage.png

Reactions: watchsorz

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Note there are 2 different watches here, I tried to get some angles on the top lugs.
jv89J.jpg
jv6ho.jpg
jvrsP.jpg
jvBZW.jpg
jvlXQ.jpg
jvQqS.jpg

lol at a 1st glance i thought one was gen.

- lugs are still skinny yes but as i said i think the case has been improved. light reflection is much closer now
- that coronet on the dial is amazing . is that the stock coronet ?

can you please post more pics ?

the link edges look not to be sharp anymore .

Last edited:

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Lol, not at all :p

Sorry my fault :) . At a quick glance i thought one was gen and one was noob .
Telling a rep from a gen is becoming wizard level territory :) .

Can you please post more pics. especially of the sell recess , face of the watch and dial coronet .
Thanks !

Last edited:

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
The images on InTimes site show a different dial. It’s not a lighting effect.

I assume they’re just using photos of a different watch and haven’t gotten round to uploading actual V3 images.

Nope... already discussed this about 10 pages ago.

Trust me guys, I wish there was a New V3 Black dial, but I really don't think that there is one.

This is the best V3 Black Dial QC picture that I have so far, next to one of Intime's pictures that has been adjusted for light levels more closely, but they are still pretty far off.
- The fonts on the left all appear sharper and thinner because the quality and resolution of the picture is so much better.
- Notice how dark the normally Shinny Silver Hands still are on the right... Now do you still think that the sub-dials look all that different?

watchsorz

Horology Curious
16/8/18
Sorry my fault :) . At a quick glance i thought one was gen and one was noob .
Telling a rep from a gen is becoming wizard level territory :) .

Can you please post more pics. especially of the sell recess , face of the watch and dial coronet .
Thanks !

Hahaha, I'm glad to hear. That just means it's a good rep! - Nothing is custom, literally recieved the V3 watches today.

Here is a mess of pictures :)
j7KuJ.jpg
j7jFD.jpg
j7H6o.jpg
j732k.jpg
j7AOW.jpg
j72jP.jpg
j7WlR.jpg
j7LdS.jpg
j7eJQ.jpg
j7aF8.jpg
j7UaL.jpg

Last edited:

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
watchsorz here are my comments regarding your 2 watches :

1st pic :

- minimal sel gap ! sel fitment is a dream ! on both sides and case side .
- dial coronet has defenetly been improved ! very close to the real deal !
- lugs are skinny still
- lug top surface looks better but still not perfect

2nd pic :
- sel recess - wow !
- sel middle part - too low near the bezel ! :facepalm: - not dependent on QC sadly

3rd pic :
- sel middle part too low - more obvious
- bracelet links look to be rounded - a big plus here !
- crystal height looks spot on to me

4th, 5th pic ;
- screws wish they were arf :)
- clasp is not great but not bad either :
minus - flip lock does not align with the clasp body
plus - the edges look smoother
- finger groove looks to be the correct size

6th - i wish that watch were mine :)
- links have smooth edges - confirmed , great news

Reactions: Rolemars

watchsorz

Horology Curious
16/8/18
watchsorz here are my comments regarding your 2 watches :

1st pic :

- minimal sel gap ! sel fitment is a dream ! on both sides and case side .
- dial coronet has defenetly been improved ! very close to the real deal !
- lugs are skinny still
- lug top surface looks better but still not perfect

2nd pic :
- sel recess - wow !
- sel middle part - too low near the bezel ! :facepalm: - not dependent on QC sadly

3rd pic :
- sel middle part too low - more obvious
- bracelet links look to be rounded - a big plus here !
- crystal height looks spot on to me

4th, 5th pic ;
- screws wish they were arf :)
- clasp is not great but not bad either :
minus - flip lock does not align with the clasp body
plus - the edges look smoother
- finger groove looks to be the correct size
6th - i wish that watch were mine :)
- links have smooth edges - confirmed , great news

Thanks for the comment - reps have really gone a long way :D

Regarding the clasp, I had a QC issue there. It's one of those things you wanna look out for with this one. One of them has a huge gap, whereas the other does not.

j7QvF.png

Last edited:

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Thanks for the comment - reps have really gone a long way :D

Regarding the clasp, I had a QC issue there. It's one of those things you wanna look out for with this one. One of them has a huge gap, whereas the other does not.

j7QvF.png

gen case gap :
watch-club-rolex-cosmograph-daytona-box-and-certificate-ref-116520-year-2009-4479-5.jpg

some gen clasps :
watch-club-rolex-cosmograph-daytona-box-and-certificate-ref-116520-year-2009-4479-6.jpg

83d5c4b839c3b8bdebbc7e4e017624bd4d263360.jpg

12090e98c9168d11f6fe52ac1eaff727af370912.jpg

f28b96ebac2a7c9969a009bba5afb01d85d40687.jpg

e5a10b1da812f22f2db7774b22707a48ae9676cd.jpg

i wouldn't worry too much about that . I would have modified the fliplock to get that gap on a sub clasp :) :)

Last edited: