• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
I have to agree it looks orange just like the rwi logo lol.
Maybe due to the flash.

So if i understand right the v3 is pointless, better buy a v2.2 with cf bezel straight from m2m.

Sels sit better on v3.
Case has been improved as well.
Lug top surface is better finished than before. It's more inclined towards the sides of the case if you will. I can make a drawing and explain if anybody is interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHB

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Sels sit better on v3.

Not always...
ZgJMX.jpg

Swiss Maiden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/19
I was talking about the recess. But I see you're showing me the gap. I really hope this new case won't need lug holes to be redrilled....

Please elaborate what do you mean by "case has been improved" "It is more inclined towards the side of the case". Can you please draw it on top of the last picture provided by Scott?

domthedon030

18/9/19
Looking forward to seeing some black dial QC's. I just saw on InTimes site that the black dial sub dials in their V3 ad has better looking subdials. This is all very confusing.

Last edited:

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
I have had a CF bezel in order for a month plus, my TD tells me that they are out of stock and therefore will proceed to a refund. Any of you having better luck ?

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Is off center bezel on the v3 a common thing? I just got my qc on two of them that I’m ordering. One is perfect the other is off by 2 second ticks. I’ll probably replace with a CF anyways but wanted to check with the posse.

extremecoolness

14/9/19
This is a pricey rep and I'm wondering whether to accept the QC. I want to see the CF bezel next to the installed one. I'll provide a pic for reference.

However, I've been following this thread and feel that everything is alright, except for the misaligned bezel. Please let me know if you see anything else except the SEL gaps, I'm not concerned at this point, being that I ordered in Sept.

My concerns are:
Case gaps
SEL
bezel alignment

cmf959

4/9/19
Ask them to turn the bezel so that the ‘60’ is lined up correctly, think it will look fairly good after that.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
This is a pricey rep and I'm wondering whether to accept the QC. I want to see the CF bezel next to the installed one. I'll provide a pic for reference.

However, I've been following this thread and feel that everything is alright, except for the misaligned bezel. Please let me know if you see anything else except the SEL gaps, I'm not concerned at this point, being that I ordered in Sept.

My concerns are:
Case gaps
SEL
bezel alignment

jMqqL.jpg

jMoDQ.jpg

jMyUK.jpg

jMiMS.jpg

jMITR.jpg

jMOb8.jpg

lovely sel recess. SEL shape is wrong . It mimics the shape of the old 3 part endlink while this is a solid piece .
The gen solid end link has a diff shape for the middle part.
This is true for all recent noob daytonas ( ss and ceramic ) . Plus the middle part siths too elevated (back side ).

I would accept this . Rotating the bezel is pretty easy . i recon you can do it even with some rubber gloves .

Last edited:

Swiss Maiden

20/9/19
Is that a v3?

Yes, there have been plenty of V3 black dial pics already on this forum. The "thinner subdials" on the intime website are simply a lightning effect. There is no difference in their thickness from the V2.2 subdials to the v3. Scott already posted a comparison about this as well.

I have personally spoken with Ryan at intime, and he informed me the only change for the V3 (white or black dials) is the BEZEL itself (that's it)...

I think any tangible improvements, in anything related to V3s (aside from the bezel), are simply luck for that specific watch (resulting from favorable aleatory circumstances of that particular watch's fabrication), and not a generality for "all V3s" going forward. (Same "luck" that made certain V2s better than other V2s.)

If other improvements would have legitimately been made, wouldn't you think all TDs would be passionately ADVERTISING them???

If people think SELs, subdial thickness, coronet, etc. have been improved, your simply under some sort of "V3 placebo" effect.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Yes, there have been plenty of V3 black dial pics already on this forum. The "thinner subdials" on the intime website are simply a lightning effect. There is no difference in their thickness from the V2.2 subdials to the v3. Scott already posted a comparison about this as well.

I have personally spoken with Ryan at intime, and he informed me the only change for the V3 (white or black dials) is the BEZEL itself (that's it)...

I think any tangible improvements, in anything related to V3s (aside from the bezel), are simply luck for that specific watch (resulting from favorable aleatory circumstances of that particular watch's fabrication), and not a generality for "all V3s" going forward. (Same "luck" that made certain V2s better than other V2s.)

If other improvements would have legitimately been made, wouldn't you think all TDs would be passionately ADVERTISING them???

If people think SELs, subdial thickness, coronet, etc. have been improved, your simply under some sort of "V3 placebo" effect.

Yes thanks I've read the threads and seen the pics. I was just asking about yours

watchsorz

Horology Curious
16/8/18
Just got 2x Daytona V3 Noob in White. Having 2 examples side by side reveals some manufacturing flaw that you guys should watch out for.

1. is the alignment of the bezel.

2. is the alignment of the clasp

I will show you what I mean with the clasp:

jMcxR.png

Looking inside, you can see they spilled solder onto it.

jsZlK.png

Vs my good copy, which I would say is pretty damn perfect:

jsjfv.png

My first copy has both a misaligned bezel and the clasp has added solder due to a manufacturing error. My TD honestly angled his shot to hide these facts, which is mildly disappointing.

Long story short: Ask your TD to give you several angled shots of the bezel and clasp, it pays off.

Last edited: