• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
When you say counters do you mean the sundials? If so I agree - ARF is actually the same!

So ssouthall6, you are saying that the Silver sub-dials on a Black ARF 116500 dial are just as shinny as a Black Noob dial?

The Silver sub-dials on a Black 116500 Gen are slightly thinner and have more of a matte finish than both the ARF and Noob.

In pictures, the shinny finish of the ARF sub-dials looks like it it somewhere in between a Noob and a Gen.

Are the ARF and Noob silver sub-dials really the same, or are the Noobs still more shinny?

kevBquick

9/10/18
Thanks for the detail photos. I thing the red on the Daytona is a bit light on the rep and also no serif with the font. Also it looks like the 60 doesn't sit on the center of the subdial on the gen.

But still pretty impressive
3a7061b977a2924672c977e14fa30d75.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

while i do see some with serif...i also see that they don't have serif and look just like they should.

https://www.rolex.com/watches/cosmograph-daytona.html

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
i'm not that bothered to be honest by minute details like the R ..the color of the red of Daytona..but the fat subdials would bother me a lot; so if we have a NOOB with decent subdials i'll get it straight away like I bought a white dial noob 116520 and wear it every other day

Same here, Because you really can't notice it in the wrist unless you're wearing a loop the whole day :rolleyes:

The subdials can really be a deal breaker =/

Waiting for a black dial with a good sub dial .. (or maybe a nice blue dial) but as of now it's not yet available...

Reactions: masterpiece777

Swiss Maiden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/19
Gentlemen,

After seeing hundreds of pics of gens on instagram, youtube videos, (as well as in the wild -> I frequent a city with a massive jewelry district) I am starting to think the gen* subdials on the white dial could actually be slightly* smaller than the ones on the gen* black dial. I've hold both of them in my hands (gen versions), and this is the impression* it gives.

Perhaps it is an OPTICAL ILLUSION from the color contrast -> Black tending to "shrink" surrounded by a white background, and matte silver tending to expand or appear larger on a black dial background (same phenomenon that occurs with black vs white dials in general. For example a silver AP 15400 "appears/wears" larger than a black 15400.) Or even with clothes, everyone knows black colored clothes makes people look slimmer..... This is actually compounded with the fact that the white dial area will also "appear" larger than the black dial area (so it is a "double whammy" effect).

From a physics standpoint black absorbs all wavelenghts of light, and white repels all of them.....

If you factor in the hour markers, rolex coronet, etc. the black dial appears much more "crowded" than the white dial. (Because of the contrast of those items on a black background).

Whatever the "optical illusion" may be, the black subdials on a white dial seem to be smaller when comparing gen against gen.

(Perhaps they could potentially be marginally smaller as well?)

Just food for thought.... Anybody also sees this? Or am I going crazy? lol

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Hey fam, as a AP guy im following this thread like milk on the fire, tried to learn a max and so on...
My question is, does this V3 deserve to be ordered or skipped? I see way too much different feedback and 688usd is not a friendly price :)
Im after the white dial one.
Thanks

Reactions: csthe

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
27/7/15
Hey fam, as a AP guy im following this thread like milk on the fire, tried to learn a max and so on...
My question is, does this V3 deserve to be ordered or skipped? I see way too much different feedback and 688usd is not a friendly price :)
Thanks

I wouldn’t really call a lot of noobs spazzing out over subdial thickness and other general knit picking ‘feedback’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nivka and watchsorz

watchsorz

Horology Curious
16/8/18
Thanks

Why not just buy it if you like how it looks?

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Ok guys, gonna buy it then.
Next hard task will be to QC a complex watch like the daytona :D

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Thanks

Most people who have a White Panda Dial Noob Daytona are very happy with them, and very, very happy with the 4130 movement.

The two major complaints with the V1 and V2 versions were the Sub-dial thickness and the Font on the bezel.

- Noob fixed the Sub-dial thickness with an Updated "V2.2" dial in February of 2019. For the White Panda dial the difference was slight, but the Sub-dial thickness is now about the same as Gen. Many people complained about the Sub-dial thickness for a long time, so it is still questioned by some, even though it was fixed over six months ago.
The Black Dial was also updated with thinner Sub-dials, but they are still slightly thicker than Gen, and the Silver is too shinny.

- With the recent V3 release, Noob finally fixed the "UNITS PER HOUR" font on the Ceramic Bezel and it too now appears very close to Gen. The Clean Factory has also released an excellent quality replacement Ceramic Bezel to update older version Noobs or for people who believe the quality or durability of the new V3 Bezel isn't good enough.

Minor complaints by some are the details and overall quality of the Dial and the Bracelet when compared directly with an ARF Daytona. This has been the subject of much debate, but again most people are very happy with the White Panda Dial Noob Daytona the way it is now.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Gentlemen,

After seeing hundreds of pics of gens on instagram, youtube videos, (as well as in the wild -> I frequent a city with a massive jewelry district) I am starting to think the gen* subdials on the white dial could actually be slightly* smaller than the ones on the gen* black dial. I've hold both of them in my hands (gen versions), and this is the impression* it gives.

Perhaps it is an OPTICAL ILLUSION from the color contrast -> Black tending to "shrink" surrounded by a white background, and matte silver tending to expand or appear larger on a black dial background (same phenomenon that occurs with black vs white dials in general. For example a silver AP 15400 "appears/wears" larger than a black 15400.) Or even with clothes, everyone knows black colored clothes makes people look slimmer..... This is actually compounded with the fact that the white dial area will also "appear" larger than the black dial area (so it is a "double whammy" effect).

From a physics standpoint black absorbs all wavelenghts of light, and white repels all of them.....

If you factor in the hour markers, rolex coronet, etc. the black dial appears much more "crowded" than the white dial. (Because of the contrast of those items on a black background).

Whatever the "optical illusion" may be, the black subdials on a white dial seem to be smaller when comparing gen against gen.

(Perhaps they could potentially be marginally smaller as well?)

Just food for thought.... Anybody also sees this? Or am I going crazy? lol

You are fortunate to be able to compare so many watches in person, but in this case it is an Optical Illusion.

- The Size and Thickness of Genuine Daytona Sub-dials appear to be the same for all of the dials, with the exception of the White 116500.
- The Sub-dials on the White 116500 Panda are slightly thicker than the other dials as shown in the picture below.

March 2019
This is a comparison of the popular Stainless Steel Case and Bracelet Rolex Daytonas produced from 2000 to the Present.
( Regular members already know most of this, but I would like to try to combine it all in one place for newer members. )

- Genuine Daytona -

Key features that make each of these watches different...

- The 116520 was produced from 2000 to 2015 and has a Stainless Steel Bezel.
- The 116500 replaced the 116520 in 2016 and is produced with a Ceramic Bezel.

- The Rolex Logo and the Wording under it changed from the 116520 dial to the replacement 116500.
- The Rolex Font is different leaving more space around the letters on the newer 116500 dials.
- The Rolex name is about the same width, but the spacing of the wording under it is narrower.
- If you compare the location of T in Oyster in relation to the R in Rolex, the difference is easy to see.

- The Size and Thickness of the Sub-dials appears to be the same for all of the dials, with the exception of the White 116500.
- The Sub-dials on the White 116500 Panda are slightly thicker than the other dials as shown in the picture below.
- On the Black dials, the Silver Sub-dials are a less shinny, matte finish on the newer 116500 Ceramic Bezel watch.

Right click and open image in a new tab to see this picture larger...

More of this Comparison thread in this link... https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...noob-v1-v2-and-v2-2-daytona-vs-arf-v2-daytona

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
It a trying to copy Clean but failed.

New part manufacturer but not close to CF.

You can recognize CF bezel because it’s written CLEAN on the back side.

Yes, Puretime has a separate listing for the Clean Factory Bezel.

https://puretimewatch.io/rolex-dayto...ic-plate.html#

When the "UNITS PER HOUR" fonts are directly overlayed, this new one is way off, but the Clean Factory and the new V3 Noob are very close to Gen.
cI0t.jpg

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Most people who have a White Panda Dial Noob Daytona are very happy with them, and very, very happy with the 4130 movement.

The two major complaints with the V1 and V2 versions were the Sub-dial thickness and the Font on the bezel.

- Noob fixed the Sub-dial thickness with an Updated "V2.2" dial in February of 2019. For the White Panda dial the difference was slight, but the Sub-dial thickness is now about the same as Gen. Many people complained about the Sub-dial thickness for a long time, so it is still questioned by some, even though it was fixed over six months ago.
The Black Dial was also updated with thinner Sub-dials, but they are still slightly thicker than Gen, and the Silver is too shinny.

- With the recent V3 release, Noob finally fixed the "UNITS PER HOUR" font on the Ceramic Bezel and it too now appears very close to Gen. The Clean Factory has also released an excellent quality replacement Ceramic Bezel to update older version Noobs or for people who believe the quality or durability of the new V3 Bezel isn't good enough.

Minor complaints by some are the details and overall quality of the Dial and the Bracelet when compared directly with an ARF Daytona. This has been the subject of much debate, but again most people are very happy with the White Panda Dial Noob Daytona the way it is now.

If I could rate this comment i would give 5 stars out of 5.

Now I want definitely one!
Just wondering about the bezel durability for the v3, maybe i should wait some months before buy it or just order now and trust noob quality.

Reactions: AndersWallin

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
I have 2 noob, 1 is serviced (which don't have rotor noise) , 1 don't have serviced (which have rotor noise).
But both keep the time very well 72hr+ power reserved.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17

Quote 100%!!!!

....what do you think about 116500 white Noob V3 vs Arf V2?
only aesthetically....