• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

qualityazn

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
11/3/18
Jeff92 the arf bracelet is better than the noob bracelet, the main difference is the clasp is much better. however it is hit or miss with the SEL alignment if you change to the arf bracelet. You will notice the recent noobs have a bent tip at the springbar, possible to accommodate a misalignment in the lug holes. I think this would would make the arf bracelet have an SEL gap. some people kept the noob bracelet and just swapped the clasp

Reactions: d3xophen

Jeff92

Known Member
15/11/18
France
Jeff92 the arf bracelet is better than the noob bracelet, the main difference is the clasp is much better. however it is hit or miss with the SEL alignment if you change to the arf bracelet. You will notice the recent noobs have a bent tip at the springbar, possible to accommodate a misalignment in the lug holes. I think this would would make the arf bracelet have an SEL gap. some people kept the noob bracelet and just swapped the clasp

Thanks for this complete answer !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
My TD said not worth upgrading CF bezel. But if you want perfection, why not?

Kmmas

7/4/15
It doesn't matter when you wear it on wrist, you won't notice it. You don't have zoom x10 eyes, no one is walking around with a loupe. The SEL could be the bracelet just tugging on one side a bit more. If you care this much about something this small, get a gen.

Really you think it’s that minor an issue? Are all noobs like this? Or is this extra bad ?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
The noob will fade, as will the ARF. The noob v2 is totally the wrong colour, the ARF is closer but can fade quickly.

Here is ARF vs Noob. This is the ARF that faded:

Second is an ARF that lasted pretty well

I would still get an ARF dial, gen crystal, CF bezel, gen hands if I were building again

Sm786

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/19
is the crystal a must. my TD is changing my bezel to CF before shipping

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
is there a possibility to secure the paint on a new Noob Bezel? Maybe with some kind of coating to protect from fading?

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Which bezel is the one on hand? The color looks very gen .
Maybe a bit hard to tell with your lighting, also has your bezel been worn a bit? I think most people are saying the Noob fades over time

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
If the bezel fading. I will ad lume on just like the omega gray side of the moon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SchaffhausenGuy

Horology Curious
22/7/18
To address a few things :

1. Those are clean or CF bezels that are in my hand. 2. There are v2.2’s next to the v3
3. there is no wear to the bezels in the v2.2, it’s just bad lighting and reflections
4. Gen glass would be best, there are a few around eBay.

i am curious though, how are people finding gen hands? I can’t seem to find blue lume gen hands anywhere, maybe someone can recommend?

also, I wasn’t criticizing anyone’s take on how they want to collect or nod their watches by saying these are flawed as reps, just pointing out that it’s a luck of the draw if the one your TD gets is better tuned in terms of movement and how the SELs line up. Same goes for Arf. Clean bezel still is the best I would say, and can post more side by side pictures to the gen 3 if you want more?