• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

johnchong

Horology Curious
30/3/15
Hey everyone, got my white dial v3 delivered today. Glad to say, blue lume. Got it from Trusty the minute it became available. First impressions: I own 5 v2.2 Daytona’s. Two white dial one black and two grey dial 116519’s. I’ll say that my initial runs of grey dials had the smoothest running movements. While overall they all are great movements, far better than most reps(coming from someone who has nearly 50 reps), they do vary in winding/grinding sound. My worst best error on any of them is 0.1 and my rate/day is at worst +- 13 seconds. My best was a 2.2 with beat error of 0 and rate of + 1 s/day. The v3 was qc’d at +3 seconds per day and error of .1. Tested when I get it home with +7 seconds per day and 0.1 beat error. Every thing is better quality all around compared to the 2.2 versions. And I’ll add some photos after work but there isn’t really much difference in dial from 2.2 to 3. At least not without a loupe. I’ll just say, as a gen and rep owner of these, and a member of prestigious watch groups that meet up frequently. My watch maker friends were convinced by the 2.2’s and unless I pointed out the R on the bezel they didn’t notice. My point is, if you want a real deal...then buy gen parts or just the real one. Otherwise these are reps and once you know about any of the flaws thanks to these great forums, you will notice them. If not, these are near identical to the naked eye and are literally better than most real watches. Suffice to say, you should be happy with any model you get, but this v3 is the best yet. Put an arf dial on it and a clean bezel and I would think a AD would have a hard time without opening the case back. Also I own 3 clean bezels and yeah they are as good as the hype says. Buy them while you can since I worry they might go out of production or sell out. It makes a difference to have the platinum plating( and I can’t really tell so far if the v3 is platinum plated or not)...so who wants pics?

Amazing. Thanks for your review.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
, .....these are near identical to the naked eye and are literally better than most real watches. Suffice to say, you should be happy with any model you get.....
Thanks man nice to see some realism injected in a discussion like this.
Although the nitpicking is great, the next version will be even better!

Kmmas

7/4/15
I just received my Noob V2. There seems to be a huge gap between the SELs and the bracelet (pictures in link below). Is this normal with the noob? Is it possible to fix this? What should i do plz suggest

https://imgur.com/gallery/g1uxu4P

Last edited:

SchaffhausenGuy

Horology Curious
22/7/18
Those sels aren’t that bad to be honest. If you want you could buy the replacement arf bracelet and for it. Or you could sport what you have and be happy! It’s a bad ass watch regardless. Or! Get a pair of armor of the kings and go rubber oyster flex from arf or any other rubber textile or leather. You have plenty of choices!

AceAri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/19
1wks.jpg

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

Hi guys! Just got my qc pics in. Although I think the watch looks good (he didnt add lume pic) I'm not so sure on the readings? +6s/d isn't great right? Also, maybe some more experienced people on the forum can find flaws that I can't? Not sure to accept or not...

You need to read man. 6s/day is very good, and you can't post QC pics and ask people for flaws, there are rules on this forum

AceAri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/19
You need to read man. 6s/day is very good, and you can't post QC pics and ask people for flaws, there are rules on this forum

Sorry about that. Saw some people discussing QC pocs before so thought it was ok.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Sorry about that. Saw some people discussing QC pocs before so thought it was ok.

Not unless you worry about a specific feature and ask about that feature. No broad "what's wrong". Now you can edit your post and remove the pictures

Kmmas

7/4/15
Those sels aren’t that bad to be honest. If you want you could buy the replacement arf bracelet and for it. Or you could sport what you have and be happy! It’s a bad ass watch regardless. Or! Get a pair of armor of the kings and go rubber oyster flex from arf or any other rubber textile or leather. You have plenty of choices!

here’s are 2 more pics where I’ve marked the problem area? You think it’s not that bad?

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
Here’s another 2 pics where I’ve marked the problem area? U still think it’s gen looking?

It doesn't matter when you wear it on wrist, you won't notice it. You don't have zoom x10 eyes, no one is walking around with a loupe. The SEL could be the bracelet just tugging on one side a bit more. If you care this much about something this small, get a gen.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiffRalf

Jeff92

Known Member
15/11/18
France
What about the noob strap in comparison of ARF strap ? Still worth the upgrade guys ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk