• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

drgjsi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/2/16
HK
Only thing that is changed from V2 to V3 is bezel. V3 bezel is platinum and they claim won't fade. He didn't say it's the same as CF but when I asked him if they could source CF bezel my dealer said there no need to change

drgjsi

29/2/16
HK
The Chinese text posted also mentions a new and improved 4130 movement. Not sure how.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Only thing that is changed from V2 to V3 is bezel. V3 bezel is platinum and they claim won't fade. He didn't say it's the same as CF but when I asked him if they could source CF bezel my dealer said there no need to change

Ok great!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
The movement is the same one that came last year

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
looking at it, to me is possible that Noob is using the CF bezel, but we need confim.

Anyway: I saw hundreds of photoshopo for millimetric subdial check, and no one did it with the HQ V3 pics posted in this thread.... this could be useful to check with CF bezel.

You really won't be able to truly confirm that until some member of this forum compares them side by side, and in person.

The QC pictures that I have seen so far in this thread are not very high resolution, so the photoshop comparison of the bezels is not very accurate.
Bezel-Dif-06.jpg

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Do we have a winner or ARF is still better? I don’t care using chrono functionality

The overall quality and detail of the ARF Daytonas is still better, especially if you want a Black Dial or a 116520.
A newer, serviced a7750 modded with the correct rotor can be as reliable as a Chinese 4130.
If you never use the minute and hour chronograph dials, the quality of the ARF is a good deal.

If the ARF had the 4130 movement at the same price, guess which one everyone would want?

Reactions: Rolemars

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
The overall quality and detail of the ARF Daytonas is still better, especially if you want a Black Dial or a 116520.
A newer, serviced a7750 modded with the correct rotor can be as reliable as a Chinese 4130.
If you never use the minute and hour chronograph dials, the quality of the ARF is a good deal.

If the ARF had the 4130 movement at the same price, guess which one everyone would want?

details? you mean the fact that ARF's chrono pushers are way longer than gen, the pushers sit at a wrong angle and the watch is thicker than gen?
Oh, also, it's not a chronograph.

if you wanna go for a 116500 v2.2 black dial, noob is already amazing OOTB, the grey dial 116519 from noob is basically a super rep except for weight.

If ARF went up and priced the same as the Noob, everyone would want to get the noob, since most people are attracted by ARF's relatively lower price and try to close an eye about the whole chrono problem and thickness.
If noob's price went down and costed like ARF, people would still get the noob because of a vertical clutch column wheel movement for under 500 bucks ;)

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
You really won't be able to truly confirm that until some member of this forum compares them side by side, and in person.

The QC pictures that I have seen so far in this thread are not very high resolution, so the photoshop comparison of the bezels is not very accurate.
Bezel-Dif-06.jpg

Well, that’s not a bad point to start from, thank you.
to me, from this comparison, is not the CF due to different font...

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
details? you mean the fact that ARF's chrono pushers are way longer than gen, the pushers sit at a wrong angle and the watch is thicker than gen?

Actually, ARF recently revised the chronograph pushers and they are now the correct length.
The Noob is also thicker than Gen, by about .3 or .4mm. Both can be modded to Gen thickness.
I believe everyone knows that the ARF is not a fully functioning chronograph, that is why the Noob costs 40% more.

if you wanna go for a 116500 v2.2 black dial, noob is already amazing OOTB, the grey dial 116519 from noob is basically a super rep except for weight.

The Noob Black Dial may look good to you, but the V2.2 sub-dials are still thicker than Gen and still much too shinny.
The new V3 Black Dial pictures that I have seen so far appear to be the old, even thicker shinny sub-dials.

If ARF went up and priced the same as the Noob, everyone would want to get the noob, since most people are attracted by ARF's relatively lower price and try to close an eye about the whole chrono problem and thickness.
If noob's price went down and costed like ARF, people would still get the noob because of a vertical clutch column wheel movement for under 500 bucks ;)

I am afraid that you misunderstood the question my previous post...

The biggest difference between the ARF and the Noob is the 4130 movement, which Noob currently has the exclusive rights to.

So my question was... If the ARF had the same 4130 movement as the Noob at the same price, guess which one everyone would want?

Reactions: d3xophen

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

Yeah but thicness difference you cant see on the wrist, when on noob v2. 2 bezel is instant tell, and the clasp,... Arf is more genlike on wrist... Now you will tell that arf isnt chrono and it ia fake ok both of them are fake even that a4130 is fake and you wear it and know it
But on the wrist overall arf looks more gen like

drgjsi

29/2/16
HK
Will post some wrist shots after I get the white dial V3, but since I just ordered I'm waiting on QC

Reactions: Rolemars