• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF DJ41 V2? - Fixed date wheel font!! Photos

Tione12

11/6/19
Yeah, the date font is thinnet but the gen dw worths the upgrade.

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Nice! When did you order? I am still waiting for over 4 months and chazingtime tells me it‘s still out of stock..can‘t believe it actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yodog

Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
I ordered it 2 weeks ago and got it this weekend from Sead. Dunno how its out of stock.

It is a very light watch however... having second thoughts about putting in 3235 dw and gen xtal

Reactions: stufuse

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Nice! When did you order? I am still waiting for over 4 months and chazingtime tells me it‘s still out of stock..can‘t believe it actually.

It comes in and out of stock quite quickly

sputim

Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
I ordered it 2 weeks ago and got it this weekend from Sead. Dunno how its out of stock.

It is a very light watch however... having second thoughts about putting in 3235 dw and gen xtal

thanks for the info. hope it arrives one day haha. It looks really nice I have to say. What do you think about the bracelet quality wise?

Mr_B

Known Member
20/2/16
UK
About time, need to replace the 30 @6 and put a coronet there like the new Rolex dial.

Robertorelojitos

Known Member
17/4/17
Yes! I just got my new dj41 and the font is really better, still a little bit bold but very difucult to apreciate. It doesnt stands oyt any more, its not a tell.
This are som good pics that i took, they seem like qc pics but they are not. What do you think guys?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
No change as far I can see. Still the same fat fonts, particularly in the 20s.

Agreed, no different, just not one with ink bleed on the print.

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Guys, for sure it’s better than before.
For me the 20’s are good enough now.
Remember the first DW batch. It was horrible

srhoque

28/11/18
Just received my DJ41, blue dial in Jubilee. DW font is still bold (pretty much the same as the first batch, I have the same watch from that batch also). I understand that some people are saying it is better (which by itself is a subjective term) but that’s not the solution - It’s either right or wrong. Just get a gen 3235 DW and use it as overlay. This change along with a gen xtal is a must for this watch.

OP - A lot of people are coming to this forum with “hope”, you might want to close this topic or change the name so that folks are not misguided.

Reactions: sniffti

civilian411

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/9/19
I have a feeling they are selling as many as possible with the old thick date fonts because some folks don't know to look for it in the QC photos. Otherwise, couldn't they just reject it and ask to wait until the DW font is fixed? That's what I asked my TD. If QC photos of the date font is thick, I'll just RL and wait. TD said that ARF is fixing the datefont. Don't know if this is BS or what but we will see once I get QC photos and when/if I reject them what happens.

grandphuba

8/4/18
srhoque, you say a gen crystal and dw is a must for this watch, but how does the bezel compare to the gen's white gold bezel? I assume the white gold should look whiter than steel, but reading the threads no one seems to be raising this as another obvious tell, and considering the ARF doesn't accept the gen bezel easily, I'm wondering if this is just one of those things people have accepted silently.

srhoque

28/11/18
srhoque, you say a gen crystal and dw is a must for this watch, but how does the bezel compare to the gen's white gold bezel? I assume the white gold should look whiter than steel, but reading the threads no one seems to be raising this as another obvious tell, and considering the ARF doesn't accept the gen bezel easily, I'm wondering if this is just one of those things people have accepted silently.

You have a good point!! However there are very few people out there who can distinguish the ARF bezel from a gen white gold bezel. If you keep the ARF stainless bezel sparkling clean, it reflects light pretty well. I also have a franken ARF DJ36 for a while with gen WG bezel. Unless you start a very close scrutiny and unless you observe with light hitting at different angles, it is hard to call out ARF stainless bezel from a gen one. In a crowd of 100 people, maybe 10 can recognize wrong DW font and maybe only a handful can recognize a rep bezel from gen (also not many know the unique color difference between white gold and polished steel).

G

Yes! I just got my new dj41 and the font is really better, still a little bit bold but very difucult to apreciate. It doesnt stands oyt any more, its not a tell.
This are som good pics that i took, they seem like qc pics but they are not. What do you think guys?

Font isn't perfect but I've also seen much worse fonts from ARF.

Buy seriously.....how come nobody talks about how beautiful that sunburst blue dial is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10

White Gold looks more yellow than stainless steel actually. since, it has gold in it...
Stainless steel is very white. the only way I can tell the difference however is if you have them side by side, white gold next to stainless, and good lighting.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Font isn't perfect but I've also seen much worse fonts from ARF.

Buy seriously.....how come nobody talks about how beautiful that sunburst blue dial is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

I agree. Maybe it's just my noob eyes, but this looks better than a lot of pictures I have seen previously. Highlights the blue dial also.

civilian411

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/9/19
I find as I get into rep watches I focus more on the flaws sometimes and don't appreciate the overall beauty of the watch. Many of us want the best version of a watch we can get with our hard earned $$$. :)

Mostly no body cares what watch your wearing lol

Reactions: gilrob