• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SD 116600 Help - which model?

Hamptons28

21/8/12
Hi guys, I ordered this watch from a non authorized dealer which I know I am not allowed to name. I had purchased the best version SD 116600 from noob which is the v2 and want to make sure I received the best version.

It looks as though the 12 o clock marker is not aligned with the crown which immediately stuck out to me... It is a 2836 movement.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wyS2uu6CdnEcFWKn6

Thank you,
Hamptons
8da334c552fd364d3c6dd1b348a3543a.jpg
78463b05845c98c04a534e851ea061f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
You believe what you recieved is different than the watch in the QC pics? Without pics of the watch you received how would we know?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hamptons28

21/8/12
You believe what you recieved is different than the watch in the QC pics? Without pics of the watch you received how would we know?

Hey hazing, I posted a link to the watch photos. I guess more so I am asking if this looks appropriate for a noob v2 116600

Hamptons28

21/8/12

Hey hazing, I posted a link to the watch photos. I guess more so I am asking if this looks appropriate for a noob v2 116600

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Latest is not the greatest on this - the V2 is long out of production. Latest version had bad SELs and I think, a gloss dial. Can’t tell either from those pics.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Latest is not the greatest on this - the V2 is long out of production. Latest version had bad SELs and I think, a gloss dial. Can’t tell either from those pics.

There is a gen gloss dial version mate.

Generally speaking, SELs on used gens are all over the place and uneven (I have the gen) - sel gap and alignment becomes sloppy with age. I wouldnt get hung up over SEL.
Compared to 2-3 years ago, The latest rep factory releases have better dial markers and hands (think bezel insert as well) - which is the main thing IMO.
1e0e7ebb552a06007a86bffbd8a907d9.jpg

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

Generally speaking, SELs on used gens are all over the place and uneven (I have the gen) - sel gap and alignment becomes sloppy with age. I wouldnt get hung up over SEL.
Compared to 2-3 years ago, The latest rep factory releases have better dial markers and hands (think bezel insert as well) - which is the main thing IMO.

Just a thought but you may want to hide your serial number if that's a gen ;)

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
If it's the noob V2 offer from a non-TD. It's old stock with the A2836 movement rather than A3135 and no ceramic bezel. I know there is a Noob V2 on the consensual list but AFAIK that's the Ceramic A3135 version. If this is the "old" and I do mean old as in 2015 version, it's not quite a bait and switch IMO but it's as close as it can be to one.

Hamptons28

21/8/12
If it's the noob V2 offer from a non-TD. It's old stock with the A2836 movement rather than A3135 and no ceramic bezel. I know there is a Noob V2 on the consensual list but AFAIK that's the Ceramic A3135 version. If this is the "old" and I do mean old as in 2015 version, it's not quite a bait and switch IMO but it's as close as it can be to one.

Sounds like you know which seller I am speaking about haha, it is in fact a 2836 movement and you are likely correct. This is actually the 2014 version of the watch if that makes any difference.

Hamptons28

21/8/12

1e0e7ebb552a06007a86bffbd8a907d9.jpg

Wow- thank you for the post and this is an absolutely gorgeous watch. One thing I can immediately notice is that your 12 o clock marker aligns perfectly with the middle of the crown print.

Reactions: KSwatches

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Wow- thank you for the post and this is an absolutely gorgeous watch. One thing I can immediately notice is that your 12 o clock marker aligns perfectly with the middle of the crown print.

Thanks mate.
Yep. But I have a gen Batman and the rehaut crown doesn’t align perfectly but it’s within Rolex specification.

I did review the gen vs the 2014/15 noob rep and honestly the modern ceramic reps are much better IMO (eg sub ARF, SD43k). In 2019 I wouldn’t class the 4 year old noob v2 as a super rep despite what that list says. I do highly rate the ARF SD43k tho and the ARF hulk

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
Sounds like you know which seller I am speaking about haha, it is in fact a 2836 movement and you are likely correct. This is actually the 2014 version of the watch if that makes any difference.

Look it's a big discount versus the watches original price.
But you need to keep in mind that the original price is 5yrs old and the model has been superseded by other, better reps.

Noob or the Wholesaler likely had a stock of these that Andrew picked up quite cheap and that won't sell without appearing to buyers to be deeply discounted.

If you want an SD beater, this is the watch for you...
If you want a 2019 standard of rep, it's not.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate

Where'd you get the info that it has no ceramic bezel? In the description it says ceramic and i think it's exactly the same v2 noob from old stock. Ceramic w/ 2836. Also, that's what i was told ('latest v2 stock') and tbh l think it is still a great watch, td or not. Just want to clarify if there are v2's without the ceramic bezel - if yes i must have missed that?