• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB 116519 Oysterflex Too Big on Wrist

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Note sure anyone had seen these
38dbc8622d089a60dc4521a1c3d25285.jpg
2ff525994b291b4661be0976a7595087.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Note sure anyone had seen these
38dbc8622d089a60dc4521a1c3d25285.jpg
2ff525994b291b4661be0976a7595087.jpg

That's very useful, thanks for sharing! Looking at the chart, my 6 and a bit inch wrist should use a (6H) ED - EF (12H). Sadly I don't have an ED.

I was wearing it as follows: (6H) EE - EE (12H) which meant the strap was the right size for me, but unfortunately the clasp didn't sit perfectly and so the watch wanted to twist off my wrist slightly.

Based on the above though, I just tried swapping to (6H) EE - EF (12H), which is counterintuitive given my issue is small wrists and the EF is larger, but by installing that and using the adjustment in the clasp, I've managed to get it sitting 95% perfect on the wrist! It's still not bang on, clearly I need the unobtainable ED size for that, but it's very close.

So if you have the same issue as me, have a good look at the photo above to see which size should be on the six o'clock and 12 o'clock sides of the watch and get adjusting!

Moadib

Known Member
18/7/19
UK
Another problem here seems to be variability in length.

I have Noob V3, which comes with two E-E and two E-F. The E-F are supposed to be 6.5cm (according to Rolex spec). One of mine is 7.4cm (end to end) and 7cm (thicker section only). The OTHER E-F is 6.9cm end to end, and 6.5cm (thicker section only). So both of them seem to be longer than they are supposed to be, AND they are different lengths.

In my case those two should be 13cm (6.5 + 6,5), but actually are somewhere between 13.5cm and 14.4cm, depending upon where to measure. No wonder it's so difficult to get right. My two E-E's are on the watch, so I can't measure those.

Anyone else have the same issue? Or is it supposed to be like this?!

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Another problem here seems to be variability in length.

I have Noob V3, which comes with two E-E and two E-F. The E-F are supposed to be 6.5cm (according to Rolex spec). One of mine is 7.4cm (end to end) and 7cm (thicker section only). The OTHER E-F is 6.9cm end to end, and 6.5cm (thicker section only). So both of them seem to be longer than they are supposed to be, AND they are different lengths.

Given a correct(complete) set, i.e. a EE set of OsyterFlex, one should be longer than the other eventhough both marked as EE size. They're a set, longer one will go to 12 o'clock of your watch, and shorter one on 6 o'clock.
Likewise for EF set. In this case, yours is correct.

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Puretime has some oysterflex available on their website. They do have the ED sizes available.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Puretime has some oysterflex available on their website. They do have the ED sizes available.

Nice update! At the time I bought the rep, the smallest Oysterflex available was EE (or so I was told). Good to know, thanks! I think I'll add one on to my next watch order.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Nice update! At the time I bought the rep, the smallest Oysterflex available was EE (or so I was told). Good to know, thanks! I think I'll add one on to my next watch order.

Note of caution: Be very careful with sizing nomenclature. While Noob and ARF use words like E-E and E-D, they are not the same as the gen equivalent. I learnt it the hard way. Eventually after many trial and error, 2 ARF E-E fit my 6.8" wrist. The ARF clasp also has adjustability with 3 pin positions.

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Note of caution: Be very careful with sizing nomenclature. While Noob and ARF use words like E-E and E-D, they are not the same as the gen equivalent. I learnt it the hard way. Eventually after many trial and error, 2 ARF E-E fit my 6.8" wrist. The ARF clasp also has adjustability with 3 pin positions.

Thanks and I agree. This afternoon I decided to see what difference the ED would make. Puretime States the ED is 5cm long so I got an old EE I don't need and cut it down to size (even drilled a hole for the screw lol). BTW - they do have some sort of metal in the middle! I digress. I tried the 5cm one and it didn't fit any better than the one I have on their now (I just changed the clasp position so it fit the same ish) - so I'll stick with what I have at 95% correct fit.

Reactions: srhoque

Moadib

Known Member
18/7/19
UK
Is that correct? The info I had was that EE is a standard length, EF a standard length, etc.

If they are different lengths in a set, when Rolex measure tape says EE on 6 o’clock and EF on 12, it means a 6 o’clock EE and a 12 o’clock EF. That would leave them with a 12 o’clock EE and a 6 o’clock EF left over from the two sets?

To me that sounds an unwieldy system. The info I saw sugests all E-E are the same length, all E-F are the same length, but we need to mix and match to get the proper fit.

Rolex documentation suggests for my 17.5cm I need E-E (5.5cm) on the 6 o'clock and E-F (6.5cm) on the 12 o'clock. But BOTH my E-E and my E-F are 7cm or longer, so cannot get a fit.

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us

Don't trust any TD's sizing names. They don't represent anything similar to gen. The sizes/names are all fucked up. I went through similar and just gave up after ordering a bunch of different straps.

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
I think (for gen at least), the letter represents the number of equivalent oyster bracelet links. D=4, e=5 f=6 etc.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Thanks for sharing would be great if someone can measure their rep strap so we build some sort of references here.

boodoo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/20
Just received my Noob 116519, beautiful watch but having the same strap nightmare. I have a 17cm (6.5inch) wrist and have the two EE straps attached. Still got a bit of wiggle room which is uncomfortable and not all that aesthetically pleasing. Shame cause the watch is otherwise amazing. Anyone found any other solutions over the last few months?

boodoo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/20
Thanks my man, will add to next order! Will report back with how it goes and pictures.