No announcement yet.

NOOB 116519 Oysterflex Too Big on Wrist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puretime has some oysterflex available on their website. They do have the ED sizes available.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by thrillofhunt View Post
      Puretime has some oysterflex available on their website. They do have the ED sizes available.

Nice update! At the time I bought the rep, the smallest Oysterflex available was EE (or so I was told). Good to know, thanks! I think I'll add one on to my next watch order.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerBubba View Post

Nice update! At the time I bought the rep, the smallest Oysterflex available was EE (or so I was told). Good to know, thanks! I think I'll add one on to my next watch order.
        Note of caution: Be very careful with sizing nomenclature. While Noob and ARF use words like E-E and E-D, they are not the same as the gen equivalent. I learnt it the hard way. Eventually after many trial and error, 2 ARF E-E fit my 6.8" wrist. The ARF clasp also has adjustability with 3 pin positions.

Comment

Originally posted by srhoque View Post

Note of caution: Be very careful with sizing nomenclature. While Noob and ARF use words like E-E and E-D, they are not the same as the gen equivalent. I learnt it the hard way. Eventually after many trial and error, 2 ARF E-E fit my 6.8" wrist. The ARF clasp also has adjustability with 3 pin positions.
          Thanks and I agree. This afternoon I decided to see what difference the ED would make. Puretime States the ED is 5cm long so I got an old EE I don't need and cut it down to size (even drilled a hole for the screw lol). BTW - they do have some sort of metal in the middle! I digress. I tried the 5cm one and it didn't fit any better than the one I have on their now (I just changed the clasp position so it fit the same ish) - so I'll stick with what I have at 95% correct fit.

Comment

Is that correct? The info I had was that EE is a standard length, EF a standard length, etc.

If they are different lengths in a set, when Rolex measure tape says EE on 6 o’clock and EF on 12, it means a 6 o’clock EE and a 12 o’clock EF. That would leave them with a 12 o’clock EE and a 6 o’clock EF left over from the two sets?

To me that sounds an unwieldy system. The info I saw sugests all E-E are the same length, all E-F are the same length, but we need to mix and match to get the proper fit.

Rolex documentation suggests for my 17.5cm I need E-E (5.5cm) on the 6 o'clock and E-F (6.5cm) on the 12 o'clock. But BOTH my E-E and my E-F are 7cm or longer, so cannot get a fit.

Comment

Originally posted by thrillofhunt View Post

Don't trust any TD's sizing names. They don't represent anything similar to gen. The sizes/names are all fucked up. I went through similar and just gave up after ordering a bunch of different straps.

Comment

I think (for gen at least), the letter represents the number of equivalent oyster bracelet links. D=4, e=5 f=6 etc.

Comment

Can CF get on this please?

Comment

Originally posted by srhoque View Post

Thanks for sharing would be great if someone can measure their rep strap so we build some sort of references here.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X