Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOOB 116519 Oysterflex Too Big on Wrist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Puretime has some oysterflex available on their website. They do have the ED sizes available.

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by thrillofhunt View Post
      Puretime has some oysterflex available on their website. They do have the ED sizes available.

      Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
      Nice update! At the time I bought the rep, the smallest Oysterflex available was EE (or so I was told). Good to know, thanks! I think I'll add one on to my next watch order.

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by GingerBubba View Post

        Nice update! At the time I bought the rep, the smallest Oysterflex available was EE (or so I was told). Good to know, thanks! I think I'll add one on to my next watch order.
        Note of caution: Be very careful with sizing nomenclature. While Noob and ARF use words like E-E and E-D, they are not the same as the gen equivalent. I learnt it the hard way. Eventually after many trial and error, 2 ARF E-E fit my 6.8" wrist. The ARF clasp also has adjustability with 3 pin positions.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by srhoque View Post

          Note of caution: Be very careful with sizing nomenclature. While Noob and ARF use words like E-E and E-D, they are not the same as the gen equivalent. I learnt it the hard way. Eventually after many trial and error, 2 ARF E-E fit my 6.8" wrist. The ARF clasp also has adjustability with 3 pin positions.
          Thanks and I agree. This afternoon I decided to see what difference the ED would make. Puretime States the ED is 5cm long so I got an old EE I don't need and cut it down to size (even drilled a hole for the screw lol). BTW - they do have some sort of metal in the middle! I digress. I tried the 5cm one and it didn't fit any better than the one I have on their now (I just changed the clasp position so it fit the same ish) - so I'll stick with what I have at 95% correct fit.

          Comment


            #50
            Is that correct? The info I had was that EE is a standard length, EF a standard length, etc.

            If they are different lengths in a set, when Rolex measure tape says EE on 6 o’clock and EF on 12, it means a 6 o’clock EE and a 12 o’clock EF. That would leave them with a 12 o’clock EE and a 6 o’clock EF left over from the two sets?

            To me that sounds an unwieldy system. The info I saw sugests all E-E are the same length, all E-F are the same length, but we need to mix and match to get the proper fit.

            Rolex documentation suggests for my 17.5cm I need E-E (5.5cm) on the 6 o'clock and E-F (6.5cm) on the 12 o'clock. But BOTH my E-E and my E-F are 7cm or longer, so cannot get a fit.

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by thrillofhunt View Post
              Puretime has some oysterflex available on their website. They do have the ED sizes available.

              Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
              Don't trust any TD's sizing names. They don't represent anything similar to gen. The sizes/names are all fucked up. I went through similar and just gave up after ordering a bunch of different straps.

              Comment


                #52
                I think (for gen at least), the letter represents the number of equivalent oyster bracelet links. D=4, e=5 f=6 etc.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Can CF get on this please?

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by srhoque View Post

                    Note of caution: Be very careful with sizing nomenclature. While Noob and ARF use words like E-E and E-D, they are not the same as the gen equivalent. I learnt it the hard way. Eventually after many trial and error, 2 ARF E-E fit my 6.8" wrist. The ARF clasp also has adjustability with 3 pin positions.
                    Thanks for sharing would be great if someone can measure their rep strap so we build some sort of references here.

                    Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X