• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB 116519 Oysterflex Too Big on Wrist

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I have a small wrist as well. Because I wanted to mod the 116519, I got both Noob and ARF version (ARF for the bezel, strap and clasp). You can then take the E-E sized straps from ARF and Noob and put them on both sides (you can also make micro adjustments in the clasp). This should fit properly (I have already tried it).

sorry couldn’t post pictures. Watch is now with modder.

newrepper

13/6/18
I have a small wrist as well. Because I wanted to mod the 116519, I got both Noob and ARF version (ARF for the bezel, strap and clasp). You can then take the E-E sized straps from ARF and Noob and put them on both sides (you can also make micro adjustments in the clasp). This should fit properly (I have already tried it).

sorry couldn’t post pictures. Watch is now with modder.

Does arf strap fit on noob I’ve heard that it doesn’t

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I've used two EE straps today and it's still too big and I'm the same size as you (ish). It's not massive and I could live with it, it's more that the clasp sits funny and so the watch isn't perfect centered.

newrepper

13/6/18
Idk if it’s like this for all but my EE straps weren’t the same size when I took them off.

Thinking its by design so the clasp is more centered

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Idk if it’s like this for all but my EE straps weren’t the same size when I took them off.

Thinking its by design so the clasp is more centered

Oh my god, you're absolutely right, you legend. I purposely didn't check that because I'd read an online review of the Gen that says they're the same size, but that's BS!

I've managed to use the two smallest EEs and that now fits my 6.something wrist perfectly; I've centred the clasp, the works. I mixed and matched the Noob and this one:

https://m.dhgate.com/product/waterpr...444170068.html

Last edited:
Reactions: newrepper

GingerBubba

24/10/17
It is pretty similar I'd say. I'm sure if I really looked, I'd find differences, but on the wrist, it looks and feels the same to me.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
It is pretty similar I'd say. I'm sure if I really looked, I'd find differences, but on the wrist, it looks and feels the same to me.

If they are similar enough, is there a reason to use Noobs at all? And probably worth using the DHgate one? Cause that one can be cut down according to photos and might be more comfortable?

Just trying to understand.

GingerBubba

24/10/17
If they are similar enough, is there a reason to use Noobs at all? And probably worth using the DHgate one? Cause that one can be cut down according to photos and might be more comfortable?

Just trying to understand.

It's definitely not more comfortable, but similar.

So it seems that with my noob, I got an EE at 6 o'clock and an EE at 12 o'clock. But they're not the same length - one is shorter (I forget which). Likewise the Gate version, the one that you can cut down to size can be cut down (at is smallest) to match the smallest Noob half, but the other half of the Gate strap, though labelled EE, is a bit bigger.

So I'm using the shortest noob EE and the cut down (to same length) Gate one. And that fits me well at about 6 and a bit inches.

Reactions: Duckber

newrepper

13/6/18

So it seems that with my noob, I got an EE at 6 o'clock and an EE at 12 o'clock. But they're not the same length - one is shorter (I forget which). Likewise the Gate version, the one that you can cut down to size can be cut down (at is smallest) to match the smallest Noob half, but the other half of the Gate strap, though labelled EE, is a bit bigger.

So I'm using the shortest noob EE and the cut down (to same length) Gate one. And that fits me well at about 6 and a bit inches.

I was thinking to do something like that but the colors didn’t match. The Etsy one I got looks more grey compared to the noob so I went ahead and swapped completely over to the Etsy one.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I was thinking to do something like that but the colors didn’t match. The Etsy one I got looks more grey compared to the noob so I went ahead and swapped completely over to the Etsy one.

You might want to purchase the one from DHGate that he linked or the one I linked from AliExpress, for a darker color. I can only assume mine is the same as his and mine has the option to come without the clasp so it cones out cheaper for just the band.

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore

First, I have not bought one and have no idea about how the clasp or oyster flex work.

Next, I have a 5.5 inch wrist. So I wonder whether you are using the first (longest) micro slot in the clasp or the last (shortest)?

Basically am trying to figure out whether I can get this solution to fit my wrist.

Thanks in advance, mate

GingerBubba

24/10/17
First, I have not bought one and have no idea about how the clasp or oyster flex work.

Next, I have a 5.5 inch wrist. So I wonder whether you are using the first (longest) micro slot in the clasp or the last (shortest)?

Basically am trying to figure out whether I can get this solution to fit my wrist.

Thanks in advance, mate

I think even the shortest rep configuration (that I've come across) would be too big for you. I think you'd need something like size EC and ED - which I've not seen repped. Read here for info. https://www.watchcollectinglifestyl...15-hands-on-review-adjusting-oysterflex-strap

Moadib

Known Member
18/7/19
UK
The DHGate links seem now down unfortunately. Does anyone have experience of an upated link which would match the Noob V3, but be a shorter version?
I'm also running two E-E noob, but still too long, so in need of E-D version, either to use both, or potentially mix and match.