• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Daydate - is there any acceptable Rep?

Vi-Lo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/1/19
Germany
Dear Watch-Friends,

i‘m into the „rep-thing“ since a while now and i‘m still wondering if there is any good replica of the Rolex Daydate :)

does someone has experience with this model and can report about some flaws or major tells?

what‘s about the Noob Version of the Daydate 40 228239 with the A3255 movement?

thanks ahead for your answers

fabrymac

Horology Curious
16/8/19
Looking for the same infos. I've read somewhere that a new ARF is coming out soon... but I don't know if they were referring to a Daydate or a Datejust new version.

Reactions: Vi-Lo

lianhuafoju

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/19
I'd play safe with the subs, but day-date, I would say , wear it with confidence I don't think people would come with a magnifying glass to scream rep.

Cheers mate.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
The BP 36mm are pretty decent, but the 40s from Noob & BP both have noticeable issues. Not anywhere close to passing for real.

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
The best 36mm ones that I’ve come across are sadly no longer in production, but they do pop up for sale every so often in the M2M section. These are known as the TW Best DDs and they can take gen parts. Also have a gen ETA inside. Since I’ve been here I’ve seen two YG and one WG come up for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R2L

Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
90d8f834400da8abaf6fe8c6f6a5e672.jpg

This one belongs to a friend. Has a gen dial, crystal, and crown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vi-Lo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/1/19
Germany
KJ2020 the BP is actually good i think - but what a shame with the president bracelet! Indeed this is one of the things i really like with this watch!
Does ARF have a 36mm Version of the President Bracelet too?

R2L

Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Ride2live Thanks for the Hint on TW Best DDs - im going to look for one of them!! :)

You're welcome. Just keep in mind that no matter how good or close to gen of a watch you get, the weight will always be a give-away. Because gold is much heavier than SS, these watches will always be about 1/3 lighter than their gen counterparts - especially in the bracelet. Not a visible issue when on the wrist, but an instant tell when examined by anyone who has handled the real deal. Should you get one, never take it off your wrist to let anyone take a closer look at it.

Vi-Lo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/1/19
Germany
Yes i know :/ thats at least a thing which is holding me back in general when it comes to reps of models, which are genuinly made of gold!
But thanks for the Note :)

PurePete

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/19
Aust
I saw a solid gold rep on one of the TD sites. Around 5.5K from memory...

For that kind of money why not buy a real SS Date? :)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 the BP is actually good i think - but what a shame with the president bracelet! Indeed this is one of the things i really like with this watch!
Does ARF have a 36mm Version of the President Bracelet too?

ARF does not make any President bracelets AFAIK