• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob 116500 V2.2 help with QC pics inside

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I really don't know if this is supposed to be a joke post or what - it's almost like a parody of some of these QC threads.

If you are being serious, then accept the watch - if you want better than that then sell both your kidneys, your liver and spleen and buy the gen.

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
This is your second post with these same QC photos. The watch looks fine.

Reactions: occb2

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Sorry I’m getting confused with Tapatalk. I haven’t used it for a while. I think I made a list with just pics first and the body of the message got erased. I’m still not sure why it was taken down I asked specific questions.

Don’t know why you think it’s a joke. I’ve been away from the game for a while. Been a member for almost a decade.

It’s very expensive and I was already able to notice a flaw on the first one which was rejected so figured I would ask for help here.
So the 9 marker and end link looks okay to guys on this?

Also can you tell if it’s a v2.2? My TD says there is no such thing as a V2.2 and that he spoke to Noob factory who also told him that the only one ever made was a V2... but from research here I n ow that’s not the case.
I’ll re-attach the pics again here if that’s okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it's not OK to keep on posting the same pics over, and over, and over.

You have asked a specific question about the 9 o'clock marker and the V2.2 thing - one pic of the watch is fine, it's all people need to see to answer your questions.

The other pics are just you fishing for peoples comments - it's not going to happen.

No hand holding here - the watch is for you - you decide.

Last edited:

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
V 2.2 is not an official version. It’s a term some RWI members use to refer to a silent update of the dial that was introduced a while back. So your TD will not be able to tell you if it’s v 2.2. The difference is subtle and everyone except a few nerds has to ask other people to see the difference by studying macro shots usually.

Reactions: wrightp748

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
V 2.2 is not an official version. It’s a term some RWI members use to refer to a silent update of the dial that was introduced a while back. So your TD will not be able to tell you if it’s v 2.2. The difference is subtle and everyone except a few nerds has to ask other people to see the difference by studying macro shots usually.

Dang bro congrats on being a mod!!!

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Hi guys,

I’ve been out of the game for a while and have been reading lots about the Noob V2.2. I decided on it.

Also can you tell if it’s a v2.2? My TD says there is no such thing as a V2.2 and that he spoke to Noob factory who also told him that the only one ever made was a V2... but from research here I n ow that’s not the case.

Time to do a little more reading... https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...noob-v1-v2-and-v2-2-daytona-vs-arf-v2-daytona

Just to clarify the "V2.2 name ...again.

116500 V2.2 Dial is not an official name with the Factories or with the Dealers in China.
It is just a name started and used on this forum to easily and consistently label a new Updated dial.

I read in a FAQ by one of the TDs on this forum that the Factories determine if a watch is V1, V2, V3, etc...

In the case of the Noob Daytonas...

- In April 2018 the V1 Noob 116500 and 116520 with a 4130 Clone Movement started release with a 316L Stainless Steel Case.

- In August 2018 the Noob V2 116500 and 116520 replaced the 316L Case with a 904L SS Case and increased the price by $100.

- In February 2019 Noob updated the dials for the Ceramic Bezel 116500 Daytonas only. The 116520s are still unchanged.

The Noob Factory still calls the current 116500 and 116520 Daytonas V2. Most of the TDs are calling the new 116500s "V2 with an Updated Dial."
Some TDs (PureTime for example) don't seem to realize that the dials have changed, even though their QC pictures are clearly showing Updated Dials.

So if you go to a TD and ask for a V2.2 Noob Daytona, they won't know what you are talking about.

TDs apparently sell many different kinds of watches and don't have, or take the time, to focus on a single watch the way that some forum members might do.

BTW... The watch that you pictured does have the Updated "V2.2" dial and the quality is about as good as as Noob Daytona gets.

Reactions: xartan