• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jubilee Bracelet on JF 16610 lv?

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
Hi everyone,

I am currently looking for a decent Jubilee Bracelet to fit it on my jf 16610 and was wondering which one is able to be sourced and fitted.

I have read that normally you could put any 116610 bracelt on 16610 and any 116610 bracelet on the gmt and vice verse.
So if we are talking gen you could put a jubilee from gmt on the 16610lv.

On the other hand i have read that someone tried to put the gmf gmt bracelt on the BP and it was not fitting.

I also heard you could put a gen dj36 bracelt on the submariner but don't know if a arf one will fit the jf.

Has anybody tried out to fit a gmf gmt braclet on the jf16610 or a arf dj36 one?

Thanks for your help!

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
The short answer to your questions is Maybe with a few caveats.

Let’s look at the gen Rolex first with removable end links:

Jubilees are found on DJ’s with 36mm cases and on GMT’s with 40mm cases. Each has end links that match the curvature of the case and, because of this are not interchangeable. In other words, you cannot use the end links of a 36mm DJ on a 40mm GMT, or vice versa. You can use the end links of the GMT on a 40mm sub, provided you have the correct ones.

End links can either come without notches in the back for cases with lug holes, or with notches for cases without lug holes. You can use end links with notches on both types of cases, but not the other way around.

DJ end links (36mm) usually carry the number 455 for TT, or 555 for SS, and are designed to take a 1.6-1.8mm springbar. These may have notches or may not.

The end links for the GMT or Sub are usually designated 550 (old) or 502 B (no notch) or 502 T (with notch). These take a 2mm spring bar. You can fit a 1.8mm into it, but it will be loose against the case.

Jubilee bracelets designed for 550/502 end links will have a “50” engraved on the last fixed link. A jubilee bracelet without the “50” can be modded to take the 2mm spring bar, by stretching out the circumference of the two midlinks to accept the larger springbar.

Newer Jubilee bracelets with SEL’s do not have any of these issues and all come with notches in the end link. You still cannot use one from a 36mm case on a 40mm one.

With reps things are more unpredictable. If the bracelet is gen spec, then what i mentioned above should hold, and parts should fit well. If they are not gen spec, then trial and error are the only way to go. I have super jubilee bracelets that are supposed to fit 40 mm cases that don’t.

So to your question about fitting a jubilee bracelet onto a sub - Yes you can if you have the right end links to make it fit right. In theory, you can also fit a newer jubilee with SELs off a ceramic GMT if it is gen or gen spec.

Sorry about the long answer :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: wkim8732 and heska

slashFAslash

21/7/18
No worries, the more Information the better :)
Thanks for taking your time for this Post!

Please keep this thread updated once you decide for a bracelet and post pics when it arrives, I'd be interested in how it will look since I have a 16610LV on order.

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
Yeah of course i will. I am currently trying to have sead source one for me. I really hope it will or i can make it fit because like Ride2live says it's most likley going to be a hit or miss with replicas.
But i really love and prefer the look of a 16610lv on jubilee so sooner or later i have to find one :D

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
For something inexpensive, try Riyi on the fleabay. Ask him for 20 mm end links with notches to fit a 40mm case (not for a DJ). You also need the clasp with the “crown logo.” If you have 2mm thick spring bars in your LV now, you can use them but will need to stretch the midlinks and the loops inside the end links to accommodate them. If your current spring bars are 1.8mm or so thick, you can mount your new jubilee with them to your LV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yeah of course i will. I am currently trying to have sead source one for me. I really hope it will or i can make it fit because like Ride2live says it's most likley going to be a hit or miss with replicas.
But i really love and prefer the look of a 16610lv on jubilee so sooner or later i have to find one :D

Sead should know about these, he's the one who told me about them.

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/products.php?CateId=734

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Pics Sead sent me

image5.jpg

image2.jpg

image6.jpg

1566763588044-image1.jpg

image4.jpg

image3.jpg

Geogarc56

13/2/18
I have put a bp 126710 jubilee bracelet on a jf 16610lv and it fit really well. I dont have the watch anymore but I still have the bracelet and put it on everything, it usually fits.