• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My GMF broke in two days

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
No point in waiting for a hypothetical watch, let alone the wait being worthwhile - who knows how its going to end up, or how reliable its going to be?
The 'waiting room' thread on that watch has been a 7 month long dead end.

true, BUT a clone like the 4130 is always a breakthrough, maybe it's gonna be worth it alone for the movement, who knows, we know ARF QC, so i'm kinda faithful it's gonna be fine

Tobel

6/7/17
also, they announced it, so they are working on it, it's not an hypothetical watch

That doesn't mean that the project will not be cancelled at some point. I hope that it succeeds, but there's been examples of such announcements, even with pics of prototype, and we're still waiting years later. For instance the v6s clone of PP 324 was announced like 3 years ago, and there's still no news. Now that we have thinner miyotas, I doubt that they have any incentive to produce a clone anymore. So I wouldn't recommend the CHS indeed, but until we have something, the ICHS is a good solution. If you keep waiting then you never get anything. Just IMO of course

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
That doesn't mean that the project will not be cancelled at some point. I hope that it succeeds, but there's been examples of such announcements, even with pics of prototype, and we're still waiting years later. For instance the v6s clone of PP 324 was announced like 3 years ago, and there's still no news. Now that we have thinner miyotas, I doubt that they have any incentive to produce a clone anymore. So I wouldn't recommend the CHS indeed, but until we have something, the ICHS is a good solution. If you keep waiting then you never get anything. Just IMO of course

sure, i get your point, but the ICHS is one of the ugliest things ever, not worth imho

Tobel

6/7/17
sure, i get your point, but the ICHS is one of the ugliest things ever, not worth imho

Lol, I guess everyone has their own opinion of ugly and what they can't live with. For me it's not a big deal but I have my other issues ;)