• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Finally CF HULK bezel!

jonas.87

Known Member
25/9/11
Is there any way to avoid having to do trial and error with tape? I mean is there an insert that is tall/thick enough to not need to be height adjusted?

Clean factory? VRF? Gen?

I know that the ARF sinks in as I have tried that already. :(

How will the tape/adhesive hold up to repeated submersion into water during swimming and showers? I would be super worried it would fall out at som point down the line...

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Is there any way to avoid having to do trial and error with tape? I mean is there an insert that is tall/thick enough to not need to be height adjusted?

Clean factory? VRF? Gen?

I know that the ARF sinks in as I have tried that already. :(

How will the tape/adhesive hold up to repeated submersion into water during swimming and showers? I would be super worried it would fall out at som point down the line...

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They all sit pretty good in the gen spec ARF bezel. I have the CF, ARF, eBay and a gen insert on the way. They all have the same or very similar thickness I guess it’s it the bezel you use. Noob and VRF for example will need adhesive. Glues can harden and become brittle and fall out over time especially if you get the watch wet and clean it all the time. Unfortunately same can go for the 3M tape rings you buy on eBay. I used to use a combination of the tape and glue lol. Now I just use ARF bezels as the press fit gives me peace of mind

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The most enduring glue solution would be JB Weld epoxy. Care would need to be exercised in placing the correct amount to result in a flush fit, and to minimize any oozing out. Excess can be wiped off immediately with alcohol. Slow cure allows for both height and rotational adjustments. I'd put money on it never separating from swimming.