• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Finally CF HULK bezel!

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
PureTime listed this bezel since 25th of july but finally there is a thread about it. It would be nice to hear from the people that have knowledge about hulk.

Reactions: Cadows

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
PureTime listed this bezel since 25th of july but finally there is a thread about it. It would be nice to hear from the people that have knowledge about hulk.

Sure bro but pics are not so good on pt and I was wondering why no one made thread about it. What you think just according to pic? I guess plating is good just like black insert, question is how close is green color.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Does ARF bezel ring fits noob case?

Yes, but in some cases you may need to swap the bezel gasket, use the Noob gasket with the ARF bezel. The gaskets both have a stairstep inner side profile but are used upside down from each other. Noob has "bottom step" down, toward the case.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Yes, but in some cases you may need to swap the bezel gasket, use the Noob gasket with the ARF bezel. The gaskets both have a stairstep inner side profile but are used upside down from each other. Noob has "bottom step" down, toward the case.

Bro are you watchmaker? Lol

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Pics or bids would help like bug time. Lol. The posts help a lot but I'm very much a visual learner. Good info though. All of it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ChinoWolf

Certified
29/10/17
USA
ARF is snap fit, Noob needs adhesive. I use 3M tape rings, which are great. I prefer this arrangement as they can be removed without removing the bezel.

CF is also supposed to be snap fit, IDK about compatibility with Noob. I would probably be inclined to use a tape ring anyway

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-HQ-3M-A...-INSERT-FOR-ROLEX-SUBMARINER-GMT/311735707180

How many layers of adhesive are you using when you put on the noob ring? I found out that one is not enough as the insert simply sinks into the ring....

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
How many layers of adhesive are you using when you put on the noob ring? I found out that one is not enough as the insert simply sinks into the ring....

I usually just use one, but I know what you mean and have had occasion to need more height. What I do then is use this double-sided tape. I cut a thin strip off along the edge, maybe 1mm wide. Peel all the backings off. Lay it in the bezel well, stretching it as necessary to get the desired thickness. I use a piece of cut off blunt end toothpick to get it started sticking and to tack it down as I lay it throughout the well. It's important not to touch it as that will negatively impact the stickiness. I shape it a bit to make an even thickness and coverage. Cut off the leftover so it isn't doubled up anywhere. This stuff is extremely sticky and I've never had an insert come off.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GTAB20M...zEtZqfNVTc3nzg

It can be a little tricky to cut a thin strip of this tape without it curling up on itself or touching it. Unroll about 2 inches of it, hold the opposite edge and use straight manicuring scissors to cut off the thin strip on the opposite edge. Easily done with the right tool and a little practice. You could probably slice an edge piece with an exacto while it's still on the roll, I just found a merhod that works well for me.

Last edited:

ChinoWolf

Certified
29/10/17
USA
I usually just use one, but I know what you mean and have had occasion to need more height. What I do then is use this double-sided tape. I cut a thin strip off along the edge, maybe 1mm wide. Peel all the backings off. Lay it in the bezel well, stretching it as necessary to get the desired thickness. I use a piece of cut off blunt end toothpick to get it started sticking and to tack it down as I lay it throughout the well. It's important not to touch it as that will negatively impact the stickiness. I shape it a bit to make an even thickness and coverage. Cut off the leftover so it isn't doubled up anywhere. This stuff is extremely sticky and I've never had an insert come off.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GTAB20M...zEtZqfNVTc3nzg

It can be a little tricky to cut a thin strip of this tape without it curling up on itself or touching it. Unroll about 2 inches of it, hold the opposite edge and use straight manicuring scissors to cut off the thin strip on the opposite edge. Easily done with the right tool and a little practice. You could probably slice an edge piece with an exacto while it's still on the roll, I just found a merhod that works well for me.

Wow thanks for the very detailed reply!

In the case of the Noob bezel, does using this super strong 3M tape give you the desired height? I'd like to nail it with one try and the last thing I want see is it sinks or raises and I have to do it all over again.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Wow thanks for the very detailed reply!

In the case of the Noob bezel, does using this super strong 3M tape give you the desired height? I'd like to nail it with one try and the last thing I want see is it sinks or raises and I have to do it all over again.

Yes, with no stretching of the original thickness the insert will sit too high. So you have to thin it a little by stretching it. How much will vary depending on the deepness of your bezel well. I would recommend practicing with an identical thickness spare insert and the bezel off the watch. That way you can get used to working with the material and easily remove the insert from below by working a toothpick into the tape and pushing it up a little at a time around the bezel. If you try to do it in one attempt you won't have a good feel for how much to stretch the tape. If it sits too low the bezel will have to come off to get it out.

If you have your mind set on one attempt, I'd recommend using a single very short piece, maybe 3 - 4mm and thin it to your best guess. Put something under the opposite side of the insert (a piece of masking tape in a lasso) so you can easily lift it up to pry it back out. Stick the insert to the short piece of thinned 3M tape and assess your result. Adjust accordingly, repeat test until you're happy. Then do the whole well at the proper thickness.

VaderTime

9/10/17

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
How strong are these 3M tape? I just got some for my insert lol

You'll never get one off without removing the bezel first, unless you repeatedly get it wet. You can also heat the tape with a hair dryer to melt the glue but the movement should be taken out first or you'll cook whatever lubricants you might still have.

hokim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/19
ARF is snap fit, Noob needs adhesive. I use 3M tape rings, which are great. I prefer this arrangement as they can be removed without removing the bezel.

CF is also supposed to be snap fit, IDK about compatibility with Noob. I would probably be inclined to use a tape ring anyway

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-HQ-3M-AD...T/311735707180

First of all thanks for all the advice regarding bezels & inserts. I read one of your other posts with detailed instructions on how to work with bezels which was very helpful.

I'm in the process of obtaining all the various tools/items required to install a new insert (I plan to take off the bezel as opposed to breaking the existing insert).

I haven't popped the bezel off yet but I'm aware that stock noob inserts have an adhesive that attaches the insert to the bezel. I'll take off the adhesive using WD40 as you suggested in the past.

I plan to use the 3M adhesive rings that you provided a link for. I was curious, have you ever experienced that the 3M ring is too thick compare to whatever adhesive comes applied on the stock noob insert, meaning that the insert sits too high relative to the bezel? I don't know what kind of adhesive/glue that noob uses in the first place so I'm not sure how thick/thin the 3M ring will be in comparison. You provided instructions on what to do when the 3M ring doesn't provide enough height (use a stretched out double-sided tape as a solution) - but what if the 3M ring provides too much height? Has that ever happened to you?

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
3M tape rings are ultra thin and I've never had them put an insert too high.