• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEED HELP- Bezel problem for JF16610

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Hi enthusiasts,

Need help with your advices.
So today my bezel on my JF 16610LN gave up on me.

Firstly, the bezel has gone from Uni-directional, to Bi-directional.
And it became loose and there is no sound from the click spring anymore.

Anyone has this experience before?
What should i do to fix this.

I will upload a video sometime.
Your advice is appreciated.

Cheers

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The bezel ring has lifted off the retaining ring and the click spring has moved out of place.

You'll need to remove the bezel ring, spend 48 minutes looking for the click spring which fell on the floor because you weren't paying attention, then replace these 2 parts correctly.

There's plenty of threads and posts explaing how to re-assemble the bezel on this watch.

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
T
The bezel ring has lifted off the retaining ring and the click spring has moved out of place.

You'll need to remove the bezel ring, spend 48 minutes looking for the click spring which fell on the floor because you weren't paying attention, then replace these 2 parts correctly.

There's plenty of threads and posts explaining how to re-assemble the bezel on this watch.

Trip, thanks for your advice.
Tried removing the bezel and realize that the click spring has broke.
Sorry to ask another question,
Do you have any experience buying click spring parts from WSO?
Considering that i wont be able to buy from ST, will WSO be the alternative?

Thanks in advance

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
WSO will be fine.

Reactions: arayo

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
WSO will be fine.

Trip, sorry another question.
Bought 3 Spring click from WSO.

Installed it, and after a few turn on the bezel, the spring click broke immediately.
Installed the second one, and it broke again.

Any idea why it broke so easily?

fradic

Renowned Member
16/9/11

There's plenty of threads and posts explaing how to re-assemble the bezel on this watch.

hahaha you are killin me, as if you were in the room when i did this..

Reactions: tripdog

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Trip, sorry another question.
Bought 3 Spring click from WSO.

Installed it, and after a few turn on the bezel, the spring click broke immediately.
Installed the second one, and it broke again.

Any idea why it broke so easily?

Post pics of the slot in the crystal retaining ring where the click spring sits, also pics of the bezel ring seated on the watch (without the click spring in place as you only have one left . . .)

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Post pics of the slot in the crystal retaining ring where the click spring sits, also pics of the bezel ring seated on the watch (without the click spring in place as you only have one left . . .)

Trip, thanks for the help.
Here is pictures.

for the spring click,
the left one is the broken piece, and the right one is the new piece

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Trip, thanks for the help.
Here is pictures.

for the spring click,
the left one is the broken piece, and the right one is the new piece

Put the tension washer in place on top of the retaining ring, make sure it is centred. Then put the click spring in it's hole and push it under the groove in the retaining ring.

Put the bezel ring in place - starting at the top where the click spring is and leaving the other, opposite side, sitting on top of the retaining ring - make sure the click spring is in it's groove and that the tip is sitting between teeth on the bezel ring (see pic below) before you press the bezel ring down into place.

16610.jpg

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Put the tension washer in place on top of the retaining ring, make sure it is centred. Then put the click spring in it's hole and push it under the groove in the retaining ring.

Put the bezel ring in place - starting at the top where the click spring is and leaving the other, opposite side, sitting on top of the retaining ring - make sure the click spring is in it's groove and that the tip is sitting between teeth on the bezel ring (see pic below) before you press the bezel ring down into place.

16610.jpg

Did as what you have instructed to me.
So far it has no problem even after several turns to the bezel.
Thanks trip!

Reactions: tripdog

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19

16610.jpg

Bad news trip,

Same thing happened again.
The clicks became looser & looser, and it stops click again.
Now it became bi-directional with no clicks again :bang:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Pics of the broken click spring please.

How tight is the bezel to turn when the click spring is in place - very tight or 'normal' tight ?

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
FYI - I have made perfectly functional click springs for my gen 16710 with a small staple. Not sure how viable long term (rust..?) but would maybe help you while you’re figuring this out.

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Pics of the broken click spring please.

How tight is the bezel to turn when the click spring is in place - very tight or 'normal' tight ?

This is the after picture when the bezel broke i get no clicks.
Somehow.. the spring looks shorter than before.
But i don't see any broken piece of the spring inside.

line die

Picture of the broken spring

Left is broken piece, right is a new piece.
Again, the left one seems shorter

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
This is the after picture when the bezel broke i get no clicks.
Somehow.. the spring looks shorter than before.
But i don't see any broken piece of the spring inside.

line die

Picture of the broken spring

Left is broken piece, right is a new piece.
Again, the left one seems shorter

It's snapped, I have no idea why.

You may have one break, but to repeatedly break them there must be a problem with the way you are assembling the bezel.

With the click spring you have left, try to straighten out the curve at the end by a very small amount (using pliers). This will reduce pressure on the click spring itself.

You may also want to stop repeatedly spinning the bezel ring, as this seems to break the click springs with remarkable efficiency.

Reactions: KJ2020

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Thanks for the advice from all of you.
I think i have finally fixed it.

I have tried using the stapler and 316 steel as a replacement.
But i gave the snapped click spring one more chance.
Snappy spring (which is now shorter), i bent it further to fit to the teeth of the bezel.
It look something like this below.

The red part is where the spring used to be.

Somehow after using this snapped click spring, the bezel turns really well.
Not too soft and not too hard.

Weird, but glad its fixed :p