• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner ARF v2 Upgrade

Watchstalker84

Looking Around
25/11/18
Good Afternoon

i have recently purchased a ARF submariner v2 and love it, I’ve even had it in the pool and sea and it’s completely waterproof which I was very impressed by.

i would just like some links to upgraded parts that I can buy.

ideally I know I need bezel insert , glass , date wheel, crown dial and hands.....

can an you please direct me to either upgraded rep parts or gen parts that will fit. Ideally economical upgrades as I don’t want to spend $5000 on a replica.

thank you so much in advance

Renowned Member
9/12/18
The TD usually don’t have part on their website. Email them and ask if they can source you the part you like. Be prepare that if you don’t already have good relationship with the TD, you might need to buy a watch from them and add the part into your order. TD don’t make much money on parts, they make money on the watch.

Or you can try the m2m part section.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

go000ob

Renowned Member
3/11/15
for bezel insert you can get the clean factory, or go spongebob (around 300$)
for the glass, gen is the best, some members go with prof (around 190$ i think)
date wheel, go gen or Noob
hands are great on ARF, no need to change them

Watchstalker84

Looking Around
25/11/18
The crown is a dead give away it’s a fake , I’ve had a real Rolex and I just notice it more than anything

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19
I can confirm that a gen crown fits the ARF 2824 and ARF 3135 winding stems. They seem to share the same thread diameter and pitch.

Watchstalker84

Looking Around
25/11/18
I’m in 2 minds weather to just buy that new ZZF as it seems all round better than the ARF V2, apart from the re-Haight.

What’s your opinion on the ZZF ?

djbboi

Horology Curious
14/8/19
Does anyone know how to remove the crown from the winding stem? i don't want to break it on my first rep...

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19
Put some tape around the stem, hold it with pliers over the cylindrical part and then gently unscrew the crown, its not locked it, the factory seems to cut them with pliers to length without chamfering the tip which then cuts its own thread in the crown and effectively acts like a lock.

Its very easy, dont be afraid to do it.

djbboi

Horology Curious
14/8/19
Well since you are screwing it one onto another it would be better if both parts are gen.

Ah ok, I was under the impression that the ARF tube could take a gen crown, but I will look into it. Is the process of changing out the tube difficult?

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Ah ok, I was under the impression that the ARF tube could take a gen crown, but I will look into it. Is the process of changing out the tube difficult?

ARF can take it of course, im just saying what would I do. It shouldnt be difficult, check youtube