• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Rolex 214270 Explorer - ARF latest batch 2019

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Great! I want it wrong too. Where should I shave them? I mean how? I want it totally wrongly. And I want “ROREX” dial and strap made from sheep keeper belt.

Like you know anything. All you contribute in this forum with is asking questions. Mostly questions you should already know the answer to or should know that there is no answer to.

Reactions: Therion666

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Like you know anything. All you contribute in this forum with is asking questions. Mostly questions you should already know the answer to or should know that there is no answer to.

Jesus bro gimme a break....

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe

FYI I also provide infos and advices, about things I know. Sorry if I dont know too much for your taste

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
FYI I also provide infos and advices, about things I know. Sorry if I dont know too much for your taste

I see. I apologize if I'm missing your other contributions to this comunity becausy I've seen none. There is no need to be smart ass commenting because I'm suggesting I would have the lugs reshaped on this model.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I see. I apologize if I'm missing your other contributions to this comunity becausy I've seen none. There is no need to be smart ass commenting because I'm suggesting I would have the lugs reshaped on this model.

Ok.

pip72

21/2/19
Mine is in the mail today ordered the same from puretime...I can't wait. Did your crown align in the upright position?

David1886

3/6/19
Mine is in the mail today ordered the same from puretime...I can't wait. Did your crown align in the upright position?

Yes it is, the crown points are pointing up right. Its perfect
Actually better than some gen, lol....

Last edited:
Reactions: pip72

pip72

21/2/19
It's really amazing the lume lasts all night 8 hours and the winding is as smooth as butter just the the genuine moment.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
This rep is simply 100% like a gen just better. The Asian clone movements are just amazing. Totally on par or better than the gen Rolex cal 3132 movement and for a fraction of the price. Stunning. Every detail is simply replicated 1:1 or improved compared to a gen. There is not a single flaw on this rep.

Last edited:

hokim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/19
from the one picture the OP provided, it looks like the ARF's "3" flaw is fixed. Is this true? I haven't been keeping up with the news lately on the Explorer 1 scene so I'm not sure if ARF definitely fixed the "3" flaw or not.

I have a BP Explorer 1 which I chose over the ARF at the time because of ARF's "3" flaw, but if ARF fixed is then damn.... woe is me.

ARF SELs look nice in the OP's pic. Much better than my shitty BP Exp1 SELs - got unlucky with mine :(

Last edited:

nest1

Known Member
2/9/18
This rep is simply 100% like a gen just better. The Asian clone movements are just amazing. Totally on par or better than the gen Rolex cal 3132 movement and for a fraction of the price. Stunning. Every detail is simply replicated 1:1 or improved compared to a gen. There is not a single flaw on this rep.

Don’t tell the makers ????

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
Ohhhh guys.... finally found a thread on the ARF Explorer I., and it is loaded with sarcasm, only :D

I'd be interested if anyone received lately this and their opinion on it. Pictures are welcome as well, but don't expect 100% flawlessness even on the best reps. Just think about it.... buying counterfeit watches from CHN through a (possibly) local intermediary with NO evidence on the real source of these watches. If anything is fucked up, they can rename the whole "factory" overnight and we would happily buy and pay. Literally no remorse from the manufacturing side, so chill and enjoy your replicas and save up for a nice gen ;)

magic2

Known Member
20/2/15
I also play with the idea to buy the Explorer I. For me, especially the dial of the BP looks very good. It might also be worth considering combining ARF's bracelet with BP (because of SEL). Unfortunately, I can not comment on the feel of both models.

David1886

3/6/19
Ohhhh guys.... finally found a thread on the ARF Explorer I., and it is loaded with sarcasm, only :D

I'd be interested if anyone received lately this and their opinion on it. Pictures are welcome as well, but don't expect 100% flawlessness even on the best reps. Just think about it.... buying counterfeit watches from CHN through a (possibly) local intermediary with NO evidence on the real source of these watches. If anything is fucked up, they can rename the whole "factory" overnight and we would happily buy and pay. Literally no remorse from the manufacturing side, so chill and enjoy your replicas and save up for a nice gen ;)

Exactly! I totally agree. I always remind to myself about why I bought this replica, because I love it's design and as long as the so called "flaws" or variations let's say do not impair it and its functionality I am happy with it. I'm very picky in QC but only if the presented replica differs from the picture posted in the TD website, I know what I'm buying and would be a joke hoping it to be like gen whilst it is produced in some hidden alias factory, furthermore some descriptions of some TD websites are not true but this is all part of the replica game.

Applewatchenthusiast

17/1/20
from the one picture the OP provided, it looks like the ARF's "3" flaw is fixed. Is this true? I haven't been keeping up with the news lately on the Explorer 1 scene so I'm not sure if ARF definitely fixed the "3" flaw or not.

I have a BP Explorer 1 which I chose over the ARF at the time because of ARF's "3" flaw, but if ARF fixed is then damn.... woe is me.

ARF SELs look nice in the OP's pic. Much better than my shitty BP Exp1 SELs - got unlucky with mine :(

Based on OP’s picture and on Puretimes website it looks like they have not fixed it. It does not look like the genuine 3 at all in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Whynotsurf

24/6/19
I recently purchased an Explorer 1 from Reg and it’s my first rep. Everything looks very good except the minute hand is shorter than gen and the ROLEX font is a tad thin but bracelet, case, dial, crown, bezel, clasp, laser logo etch, sel’s all look good to me. Movement not 28800 but sweeps nice and is the reliable DG2813. Noticed from reading the comments above that my crown logo does not square when I wind it down, bummer. Dial is dark and oily, looks like a black hole or a pitch black sky - very cool look. There are other small issues but really good value and service from Reg. Been shopping for a Gen but can’t see why to pay so much with how good these reps are, but understand the motivation behind wanting one and would like one eventually. I enjoyed the sarcasm of this thread as well, and appreciate when honesty comes before courtesy. Do any of you feel I would notice much difference on the wrist from my Reg Explorer compared to the ARF?

Reactions: vcappp

Joe15

Horology Curious
3/6/20
Finally found a topic about the ARF explorer. I´m thinking of purchasing this ARF, the number 3 does not bother me. What bothers me are not recessed SEL. I think they can change the look of rolex watches, in my opinion they are a very important design cue. This ARF seems a great choice for me if the SEL are nice. Can any owner of this ARF post more pictures please, i will be very appreciated!!