• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Rolex 214270 Explorer - ARF latest batch 2019

David1886

3/6/19
Hello guys,

I want to share with you my experience with my new ARF Explorer.

Purchased from pure time one month ago arrived really fast with DHL (2-3 days after QC).

The watch is stunning and it is wonderful timekeeping (+2/3 seconds a day) and I did not service it! It is also silent like a GEN when using it or placing it near my ear. The winding mechanism manually winds smooth and with a nice feedback, also setting the time feels nice.

I am a fan so far, this makes me want purchase the gen!

-ARF great finishing
-Very comfortable
-The lume is strong
-keeps perfect time
-elegant and subtle

iwc-04317.jpg

Let me know what you think in the comments below and your thoughts also if you already have one :)

Last edited:

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Hello guys,

Purchased from pure time one month ago arrived really fast with DHL (2-3 days after QC).

The watch is stunning and it is wonderful timekeeping (+2/3 seconds a day) and I did not service it! It is also silent like a GEN when using it or placing it near my ear. The winding mechanism manually winds smooth and with a nice feedback, also setting the time feels nice.

-ARF great finishing
-Very comfortable
-The lume is strong
-keeps perfect time
-elegant and subtle

iwc-04317.jpg

Let me know what you think in the comments below and your thoughts also if you already have one :)

May be a bit of a silly question but why would you want to get a gen version of such a nice rep. I had a 5711 blue dial gen a while back and the moment i got a ppf v2 i threw my gen onto the market. Maybe i'm the crazy one??

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
May be a bit of a silly question but why would you want to get a gen version of such a nice rep. I had a 5711 blue dial gen a while back and the moment i got a ppf v2 i threw my gen onto the market. Maybe i'm the crazy one??

Is that 5711 with new cloned 324?

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
new batch, old flaws: 3 wrong, rehaut wrong & completely off, dial color wrong, lugs wrong

But yes, its a very nice watch & enjoy

Reactions: museguy and vcappp

David1886

3/6/19

I respect your choice, the level of function and feel is absolutely 99% the same for a near perfect replica like that.

In my opinion there is a level of finishing in gens that is unbeatable, lot of more finishing details in the dial like polished gold batons and perfect hands however this is not the main reason that would make me switch. The main reason I would go gen on this is because of the movement finishing, Rolex can run without service for more than ten years, when a problem occurs then Rolex will charge the same amount for a service as if you would have sent it to service just 3/4years after the date of purchase. For me this is unbeatable.

David1886

3/6/19
new batch, old flaws: 3 wrong, rehaut wrong & completely off, dial color wrong, lugs wrong

But yes, its a very nice watch & enjoy

Exactly, the number 3 is shaped like the previous 36mm OP Explorer. The new one is more square but I prefer the old style. BP offers a version with the correct dial, however I feel that the quality, fit and finish are not at the same level as ARF. What do you say?

The rehaut crown is centered on this model but it is completely off centered on all the hour markes on the bottom half. This a very known design flaw.

What do you mean that lugs are wrong?

Reactions: vcappp

David1886

3/6/19
Except it's bullshit and it's been discussed in the Patek subforum. This is a miyota

Also they say thickness is 9mm same as gen while gen is 8.4mm thick. The best replica for now is ppf 5711 v2 that has the modern and more greyer blue dial.

Reactions: vcappp and Tobel

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Reactions: vcappp

bbit0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/18
Sydney, Australia
Hello guys,

-ARF great finishing
-Very comfortable
-The lume is strong
-keeps perfect time
-elegant and subtle

iwc-04317.jpg

I also ARF Explorer. Just Wondering, how do you know urs is the new batch or not?
And it's very hard to see with your photo.
Any chance if we can see more?
I wanna see rehaut engravings.

Reactions: Joe15 and vcappp

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
So no flaws at all??

Why do you keep asking these silly kinds of questios? Of course it has flaws like every rep. Why do yoo keep expecting perfection from a Chinese fake toy watch? It’s a nice rep but ofc it’s not flawless. Reps have flaws like you’ve been told countless times.

Nice rep neverheless OP. Congrats it’s looking good. I might consider getting one as the Explorer I was always one of my favs. My biggest concern is the lugs which would need to be reshaped IMO.

Reactions: freediver

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Why do you keep asking these silly kinds of questios? Of course it has flaws like every rep. Why do yoo keep expecting perfection from a Chinese fake toy watch? It’s a nice rep but ofc it’s not flawless. Reps have flaws like you’ve been told countless times.

Nice rep neverheless OP. Congrats it’s looking good. I might consider getting one as the Explorer I was always one of my favs. My biggest concern is the lugs which would need to be reshaped IMO.

First of all thats who I am bro, I ask questions. Get used to it already and secondly, why reshaping lugs?

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
First of all thats who I am bro, I ask questions. Get used to it already and secondly, why reshaping lugs?

LOL.

Because the lugs has the correct shape and we don't like correct shape lugs... So they need to be shaved...

Reactions: k4jun

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
LOL.

Because the lugs has the correct shape and we don't like correct shape lugs... So they need to be shaved...

Great! I want it wrong too. Where should I shave them? I mean how? I want it totally wrongly. And I want “ROREX” dial and strap made from sheep keeper belt.

Reactions: rxc330

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
LOL.

Uhm ok. I’m glad you could clear that up. I’ll remember to tell that to people who had case work done. Obviously we see things differently.

Last edited:
Reactions: emo556656