• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF & NOOB YM 116622 - Question about movement, mod and hands!

MrBobDobbs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/19
Hi everyone, I am new to the rep game. Been surfing on this forum for a while now. It's been very helpful. I really want to pick up a YM 1...I work in an environment where there are a lot of what appear to be gen watches! Haha...now I am not sure after finding RWI. Rolex being one of the more well known brands I think it's easier to get called out!

I am excited to see the new ARF & NOOB 904L YM.
  1. I understand the NOOB SA3135 movement is not as reliable as the SH3135 nor does it accept as many gen parts. My first question is that would it be reasonable to buy the NOOB so I have the ability to swap in a SH3135 or YUKI at some point?
  2. I do not think the second hand on either the NOOB or ARF look as good as the gen...the color seems off and the size of the red circle near the end seems off. Additionally the rivet in the center of the mount looks awful on the NOOB, looks better on the ARF - but neither as good as gen. Am I crazy here? Would replacing the hands with gen be possible with a SH3135?
  3. There is no superclone YM OOTB...So I don't mind modding one to get as close to gen looking as possible. But want to know if the ARF or NOOB is a better/easier starting point...
Thank you everyone in advance. I appreciate the input!

Jayfabs

7/3/18
California
I’m fairly new to the rep world about a year and one watch. I just ordered a 116655 from BK. He does some mods to the watch but mostly sells them with a Swiss eta. It’s a more reliable watch. Here is my advice. Don’t over think it. Pick a Noob or a ARF and just be happy. No one will know and if they do it’s probably because they spend a lot of time on this site. I get it everyone wants perfect. When u get your first nice rep u will see that most of your fears didn’t even matter.

Reactions: MrBobDobbs

MrBobDobbs

4/7/19
Jayfabs hey thanks for the advice!! I've got a few reps so far...and I've been super happy. It's addicting! Just really want a YM1 to add.

Jayfabs

7/3/18
California
Awesome yes it can be super addicting. I just remembered going crazy over which rep and what movement to get. Then when I got my ARF SD43 I realized they are pretty amazing out the box and 99 percent of the people will not know even guys with gens.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Yes you can swap in a SH3135 into the Noob case, I did that with my franken. I also installed the gen datewheel and gen hands.

Last edited:

Nanga

Horology Curious
25/9/19
Germany
Hi everyone, I am new to the rep game. Been surfing on this forum for a while now. It's been very helpful. I really want to pick up a YM 1...I work in an environment where there are a lot of what appear to be gen watches! Haha...now I am not sure after finding RWI. Rolex being one of the more well known brands I think it's easier to get called out!

I am excited to see the new ARF & NOOB 904L YM.
  1. I understand the NOOB SA3135 movement is not as reliable as the SH3135 nor does it accept as many gen parts. My first question is that would it be reasonable to buy the NOOB so I have the ability to swap in a SH3135 or YUKI at some point?
  2. I do not think the second hand on either the NOOB or ARF look as good as the gen...the color seems off and the size of the red circle near the end seems off. Additionally the rivet in the center of the mount looks awful on the NOOB, looks better on the ARF - but neither as good as gen. Am I crazy here? Would replacing the hands with gen be possible with a SH3135?
  3. There is no superclone YM OOTB...So I don't mind modding one to get as close to gen looking as possible. But want to know if the ARF or NOOB is a better/easier starting point...
Thank you everyone in advance. I appreciate the input!

Hi,
I am also new here and struggling with the same theme. What did you finally decide and are you happy with your decision? Thanks for your reply