• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona experts - is this a gen?

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
Thanks for all the comments guys. I appreciate it.

It was a trick question - it's my watch with the following specs.

- Gen APH dial
- Gen bezel
- Gen Crystal
- Gen gasket
- ARF v1 base (before the noob4130 came out) with working big chrono hand
- swapped the 3 subdial hand with the 6 hand (stock ARF the 6 Sub dial centre pinion is different to the faux 3 and 9 subdial centre pinion - big tell IMO)
- case reshaped incl. lugs and cgs to gen spec by backwoods Jon
- pusher lengths shaved down by backwods Jon (ARF too long and at a slight angle to gen but there is nothing we can do about the angle...)

If only the noob 4130 movement fit in this case it would be a beast...

Guess I'm sending this back to my watchsmith to get the dial recentred... :)

Shows how good rep hands are also.

Thanks again.

Reactions: csthe

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
It was a trick question - it's my watch with the following specs.

- ARF v1 base (before the noob4130 came out) with working big chrono hand

- pusher lengths shaved down by backwods Jon (ARF too long and at a slight angle to gen but there is nothing we can do about the angle...)

Rats... I was going to say an ARF as it appeared that the Rehaut ROLEX letters were a little off center of the minute tick marks...
But, the picture was fuzzy and the pushers looked too short to be an ARF...
Untitled-21.jpg

Reactions: MrBeasy

hokim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/19
I have a noob v9 from BK; one of his mods is to ensure that the dial 12o’clock marker is aligned to the rehaut’s crown. It definitely arrived that way based on pictures I took when I first got it.

One day I noticed that the 12 o’clock marker was no longer correctly aligned to the rehaut. I don’t know how, but I assumed that somehow the dial got rotated a tiny bit to the left (literally a small amount like less than a degree). Something I could live with.

After reading the comment that noob dials are often left-centered, I decided to check my noob, and saw that the dial is indeed left-centered now. I checked the first couple of pics I took when I received the watch and it was perfectly centered and aligned to the rehaut. Now it’s not perfectly centered nor aligned to the rehaut. This gave me an epiphany that my dial didn’t actually get rotated, but rather it got just shifted to the left (if i had to guess, it probably got shifted left to where the stock noob's dial originally was before BK fixed it).

I guess I didn’t add much value to this thread, but just wanted to share that I’ve learned two things today:
1. It is possible for noob dials to be left centered.
2. I thought my dial got rotated to the left, but now I know that it was shifted to the left.

Always learning!

Last edited:

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
The pinions on the 3 chrono hands bothered me as they don’t look closed like gen pinions so was going to say rep but still a beauty buddy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrBeasy