• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona 116519 Noob or Arf Version?

Mark1986

Horology Curious
24/7/20
Can anyone tell me if the Noob 116519 has the easylink on the clasp so it can be adjusted slightly? Thanks

Mark1986

Horology Curious
24/7/20
Yes, new V3 does.
Hey, thanks for the reply, any ideas who's stocking the V3? The 2 TD's I've used in the past only have the V2 advertised on their sites.

Also does anybody know if it have the metal inserts in the straps?

Thanks

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Hey, thanks for the reply, any ideas who's stocking the V3? The 2 TD's I've used in the past only have the V2 advertised on their sites.

Also does anybody know if it have the metal inserts in the straps?

Thanks

TD's not refresh their sites that often sometimes

They also don't stock watches so ask them and you will see

I think they said strap is improved abd has the metal part

Reactions: Mark1986

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Guys, do you think the glidelock clasp on the YM42 released by VSF can be installed onto the rubber straps of the 116519?

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
i have been trying to find a 116519 noob vs gen dial comparison, anyone having a clue, thanks

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
i have been trying to find a 116519 noob vs gen dial comparison, anyone having a clue, thanks

I'm the guy that posted the photos above of the gen 116519 dial inside his noob 116500. The print is the number one tell, noob print looks horrible up close when you have the gen next to it. Also, the sunburst effect of the gen has some slight shimmering on it that the noob does not have. Other than that, noob did a really good job and this dial might be the best daytona dial noob has produced.

Additionally, I can comment on the ARF V2 116519 dial as well. The print is really good (you could call it close to gen) but the dial colour and sunburst are different, more mirror than silver.

I know you were expecting a photo comparison but there are very few 116519 dials around so it's hard to find one for a comparison. It's become somewhat of a trend to put a 116519 dial inside a 116500, so the dials get consumed there. Take a look at @Modern6263Gang on instagram, it's my profile and I share photos of people that have done that. But anyway, lately I've seen a couple pop up on C24 and with a price below €3000 which makes me think these dials will eventually start flowing to the general public.

Reactions: mikeanh77

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
I'm the guy that posted the photos above of the gen 116519 dial inside his noob 116500. The print is the number one tell, noob print looks horrible up close when you have the gen next to it. Also, the sunburst effect of the gen has some slight shimmering on it that the noob does not have. Other than that, noob did a really good job and this dial might be the best daytona dial noob has produced.

Additionally, I can comment on the ARF V2 116519 dial as well. The print is really good (you could call it close to gen) but the dial colour and sunburst are different, more mirror than silver.

I know you were expecting a photo comparison but there are very few 116519 dials around so it's hard to find one for a comparison. It's become somewhat of a trend to put a 116519 dial inside a 116500, so the dials get consumed there. Take a look at @Modern6263Gang on instagram, it's my profile and I share photos of people that have done that. But anyway, lately I've seen a couple pop up on C24 and with a price below €3000 which makes me think these dials will eventually start flowing to the general public.

Thank for the very detail answer, i also think that but just think its a good adition if i get some comparison haha.
My next project gonna be a franken noob daytona 116519 with gen dial, crystal and gen oysterflex.
Thanks so much.

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
My next project gonna be a franken noob daytona 116519 with gen dial, crystal and gen oysterflex.

I just put gen hands and crystal on mine. Feels like 5-10% difference, not sure it's worth it.
I'm also getting a gen oysterflex for my 116515 franken. I'm eager to compare it with my noob & arf oysterflexes. Some people say noob is better, some say ARF is better, it's all a mixed bag. Personally I prefer how ARF feels softer and lighter on the wrist, but I don't know how it compares to gen.

Reactions: mikeanh77

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
flofas -- have you tried out the Noob v3 bezel on your franken? I've been reading that it's better than the CF bezel.

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
flofas -- have you tried out the Noob v3 bezel on your franken? I've been reading that it's better than the CF bezel.

I've actually had a Noob V3 for a long time and last week I transfered those gen parts to this Noob V3 case, but kept my CF bezel on. I think it's really hard to compare Noob V3 and CF as the differences are basically down to quality control. Yes, I feel the Noob V3 now has much better "white paint" inside the numbers & letters, but the ceramic/black still has the problem that, over time, turns slightly more silver. My CF bezel has been pitch black since the beginning, and I prefer it on my 116519ln because the paint inside the numbers looks more "platinum" and matches the silver dial. However, I'm still not convinced enough, and I think I want to do a paint mod on it until the gen bezels start getting cheaper.

I will add some comparison photos and video later I think I have some here.

Reactions: Duckber

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
I just put gen hands and crystal on mine. Feels like 5-10% difference, not sure it's worth it.
I'm also getting a gen oysterflex for my 116515 franken. I'm eager to compare it with my noob & arf oysterflexes. Some people say noob is better, some say ARF is better, it's all a mixed bag. Personally I prefer how ARF feels softer and lighter on the wrist, but I don't know how it compares to gen.

I think also the bezel and dial are the best upgrade, but thats me personally.
With the strap i have read from lots of forum member thats its the best upgrade decision they made.

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
How do I upload video? Those photos are not great for bezel comparison but the video is quite revealing.

- White Dial (Noob V2 dial) has Noob V3 bezel on. You can see the color of the letters is more white.
- Silver Dial (Gen 116519 dial) has CF bezel on. You can see the color of the letters is closer to what would you describe as platinum, however, I think noob's color is closer to gen.

You can't see what I described above about the colour of the ceramic, only in the video I want to upload where you can see how they shine under different lighting scenarios.

By the way these are my three (modern) daytona frankens. I'm still debating on what gen dial to put on the first one. I think I'll go for a blue dial with white gold bezel.

V59FHf.jpg

V59TKy.jpg

Markeronee

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Supporter
Certified
17/8/14

just got my QC pictures for this piece.

I read that currently v4 for this white gold piece is available. Any idea if my piece is a v4 or still a v3? I got this from Andrew but would like to confirm.

I have the v4 panda and the bezel seems similar.

not too sure if I am missing anything else.

4bro

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/1/21
Germany
I think it's a V3, because if I'm not mistaken, Andrew doesn't have a V4 Steel Dial listed on his site, but I may be wrong

Markeronee

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Supporter
Certified
17/8/14
I think it's a V3, because if I'm not mistaken, Andrew doesn't have a V4 Steel Dial listed on his site, but I may be wrong

Ya but I read that the v4 is out just that the TD have uploaded it. Andrew told me this is the v4 version.

So i was wondering if this is the v4 because I made my purchase based on the promise that this is v4 haha.

DrMaRcO

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/20
looks like the bezel numbers paint and red letters DAYTONA are brighter then V3's.

Willyw

Horology Curious
11/2/21
ZTI725.jpg
ZTIufp.jpg

just got my QC pictures for this piece.

I read that currently v4 for this white gold piece is available. Any idea if my piece is a v4 or still a v3? I got this from Andrew but would like to confirm.

I have the v4 panda and the bezel seems similar.

not too sure if I am missing anything else.

Seems like we have the same TD. I'm also curious to find out if my 116519 really is V4 as promised.

Attached the quality pics:

ZXoK0Y.jpg
ZXo25D.jpg
ZXoHPs.jpg
ZXo3o3.jpg
ZXoAtk.jpg
ZXoLNo.jpg
ZXo5HJ.jpg

Anyone can confirm this is a Noob V4?

On the other hand, the clasp seems scratched, or could this be the plastic covering it?

Last edited: