Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Daytona 116519 Noob or Arf Version?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philwongnz View Post
    What are u gonna do with the insert? ARF or CF? Here's mine via M2M with a noob dial and noob 4130
    Well the same watchmaker told me that its not impossible to source a gen ceramic bezel so he will try his best. I obviously don't get my hopes up but the best solution right now is an ARF ceramic bezel. I got two ceramic bezel ARF daytonas right now but I don't want to rip the bezels off those, so I better start looking. Can't find one on M2M sales right now like we used to see some months ago though.
    Gen: Breitling Steelfish Blue · Breitling Steelfish X-Plus Black · Breitling B-2 Black · IWC Aquatimer Titanium · IWC Top Gun 3799
    Franken: AP ROO Panda 42mm · AP ROO White Themes · Rolex 6263 Gold Wrapped 'Paul Newman' · Rolex 6263 'Big Red' Silver · Rolex 6263 'Sultan Of Oman' Black
    Reps/Modded: AP RGRC · AP RC · AP Volcano · AP Diver · AP Bumblebee · AP Safari · AP 15400 RG Black · AP 15400 SS Blue · Rolex Daytona Ceramic Grey · Rolex Daytona Ceramic White · Breguet 7057 RG

Comment

Originally posted by flofas View Post

Well the same watchmaker told me that its not impossible to source a gen ceramic bezel so he will try his best. I obviously don't get my hopes up but the best solution right now is an ARF ceramic bezel. I got two ceramic bezel ARF daytonas right now but I don't want to rip the bezels off those, so I better start looking. Can't find one on M2M sales right now like we used to see some months ago though.
      What do you think about CF compared to ARF other than the engravings being too deep compared to arf or gen.
      Last edited by XLR8R; 20-08-19, 20:39.

Comment

Originally posted by XLR8R View Post

What do you think about CF compared to ARF other than the engravings being too deep compared to arf or gen.
        I'm not any experienced person on that kind of stuff, but the photos I've seen show that the depth of the engraving really ruin the CF's bezel great design. It really makes a difference, you never look at the watch exactly from the top, always at an angle, and the shadows created by the depth make it not the best choice.
        Gen: Breitling Steelfish Blue · Breitling Steelfish X-Plus Black · Breitling B-2 Black · IWC Aquatimer Titanium · IWC Top Gun 3799
        Franken: AP ROO Panda 42mm · AP ROO White Themes · Rolex 6263 Gold Wrapped 'Paul Newman' · Rolex 6263 'Big Red' Silver · Rolex 6263 'Sultan Of Oman' Black
        Reps/Modded: AP RGRC · AP RC · AP Volcano · AP Diver · AP Bumblebee · AP Safari · AP 15400 RG Black · AP 15400 SS Blue · Rolex Daytona Ceramic Grey · Rolex Daytona Ceramic White · Breguet 7057 RG

Comment

Noob delivered this week - agreed this is probably the highest quality rep I’ve ever had. Blown away. Clasp could be a bit better, and of course there’s the slight weight difference between it and gen, and the warmer gold tone, but $700 vs $28,000+ and gets you 99% of the way there ... wow!

Comment

Originally posted by dc2_bb6_cu2 View Post
            Noob delivered this week - agreed this is probably the highest quality rep I’ve ever had. Blown away. Clasp could be a bit better, and of course there’s the slight weight difference between it and gen, and the warmer gold tone, but $700 vs $28,000+ and gets you 99% of the way there ... wow!
            You hit the nail on the head with your assessment. I switched out the clasp for one with the extension. Other than maybe the CF bezel, it needs nothing.

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Originally posted by OldNavitimer View Post

You hit the nail on the head with your assessment. I switched out the clasp for one with the extension. Other than maybe the CF bezel, it needs nothing.

Sent from the RWI App
              Did you purchase a 19LN clasp from an TD? Was it the prior Noob version? I asked about getting the ARF clasp and was told ARF doesn’t sell parts anymore.

Comment

Buy a Noob ICE, and than put a 116519 Dial in it. Than you have the correct Case.

Gesendet von iPhone XR mit Tapatalk
                Last edited by audiwt; 23-08-19, 18:12.

Comment

Did you purchase a 19LN clasp from an TD? Was it the prior Noob version? I asked about getting the ARF clasp and was told ARF doesn’t sell parts anymore.

I have a LOT of spare parts and extra bracelets, etc. I think it was a clasp from a Noob GMT Batman.

Comment

Hey man, what's the size of your wrist?

Comment

Hey guys, a couple friends asked me if the Bezel is actually made from ceramic. What do you think? actual ceramic or some kind of baked plastic material?

Comment

Ceramic

Gesendet von iPhone XR mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X