• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replacing Daytona crystal advice

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Hi guys,
This thread is targeted towards the modders here on the forum.
after cracking my crystal I purchased a new crystal and a crystal press from amazon.

i tried using a YouTube tutorial from a seiko to reinstall the new crystal, but I can’t get it to work, I already broke a gasket trying and failing so before I wreck the next one I ask for advice from you guys

My question is do I fit the gasket to the crystal and then push down or fit the gasket inside the bezel and push the crystal in to it?

if any modders could take the time to send me an explanation I’d be very grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
What I do is that I install the gasket and the crystal first, then I press the bezel in

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Did the gasket sit well?

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
The movement and dial are currently sitting in the watch, is it possible to install it with that on? I really don’t have the nowhow to remove it. I bought the press as I thought i only had to install it to the loose bezel

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Forget that... I’ve since fitted the crystal now on to the bezel, should I stick the press to this as well?

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Now you can press the bezel in

But your crystal looks to sit a bit high because of the gasket

Last edited: