• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
In your experience, what’s the best way to differentiate a CF and a Noob V3 bezel? My eyes is literally popping out and I’m getting a headache from comparing photos on my phone! Haha!

Thanks for taking a look at my photos, I hope it’s just an angle problem. I used another photo and used the ruler tool on my phone to draw a red line at 90 degrees. Seems a bit better?

- You have to draw your line from the 12 o'clock tick mark though the center of the hands to the 6 o'clock tick mark. 90 degrees can be distorted in a picture.

- Even if you had a CF and a Noob V3 bezel together in the same picture, the difference is very difficult to see just in pictures.

- Is this a watch that you are thinking of buying? If you remove the bezel, the Clean Factory will have their logo on the back side.

Reactions: Prosperity888

Prosperity888

15/3/12
- You have to draw your line from the 12 o'clock tick mark though the center of the hands to the 6 o'clock tick mark. 90 degrees can be distorted in a picture.

- Even if you had a CF and a Noob V3 bezel together in the same picture, the difference is very difficult to see just in pictures.

- Is this a watch that you are thinking of buying? If you remove the bezel, the Clean Factory will have their logo on the back side.

M Scott Thanks bro for the advice and suggestion. Noted on how to draw the line and will take note of it.

I’ve actually bought the watch but it’s currently not with me yet. And I don’t think I’ll want to go trough the trouble of removing and pressing in the bezel and crystal again although I have the tools.

but thanks again for replying though! I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Bobi01

fabianuzzo1990

18/6/14
Just curious, ok CF is miles away from noob pre-v3 bezels... but how it compares to ARF? nobody tried ?

gsauto

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
26/11/19
Hello everybody !
i will receive a noob Daytona and I don’t know if it’s better to keep the noob bezel with ussdassein plating treatment or change directly with CF bezel?

mraccountant

Known Member
6/1/19
I have CF Bezel, arf v2 bezel and noob v3 bezel. I think that arf v2 bezel is better than CF bezel. Espedially when there is little light the numbers in the CF Bezel are too transparent almost discolored. instead in the arf v2 bezel they remain whiter

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Reactions: Bobi01

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
I have CF Bezel, arf v2 bezel and noob v3 bezel. I think that arf v2 bezel is better than CF bezel. Espedially when there is little light the numbers in the CF Bezel are too transparent almost discolored. instead in the arf v2 bezel they remain whiter

Do you have any photo to illustrate your observation? Interested to see it

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17

That's not true. Arf is too much white. CF platinum color is perfect. It's only my opinion...

Reactions: ssouthall6

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
That's not true. Arf is too much white. CF platinum color is perfect. It's only my opinion...

Is opinion of all the community.

Look to many gens pics you can and you’ll discover that the correct color and fading in low light condition is from the CF.
whiter is not gen like.

Last edited:
Reactions: masterpiece777

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Platinum color is not white. It is silver/brown

Bobi01

2/2/19
Neither the arf dont have white bezel,it is just lighter than noob,noob still fading so it isnt platina... i have my arf for 6 months i wear it almost every day and still not fading
and this is low quality white engraving

Bobi01

2/2/19
And i must say that i every week wash complete watch and bezel and no fading

Reactions: mraccountant

ssouthall6

10/10/13

You're correct. The ARF bezel was the benchmark when it came out, font was spot on, but the CF is much closer to gen. The gen goes dull in certain lights and sparkles in others. CF replicates it perfectly.

Both noob v3 and arf are perfectly fine on a budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17

in my opinion Arf is better!

my experience with low light... As you can see how low surrounding brightness, lume is lighted.

ARF on watch, CF on top
Ufvmn.jpg

Uf7P3.jpg

Reactions: seba0112

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Just installed a CF on my Noob and definitely a noticable improvement. Sods law just sold my ARF before doing it so cant compare but in pretty sure the ARF was just as good so I'd not bother on those. for Noob id definitely recommend it though

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
I've got both an ARF and Noob. The CF bezel was better than the ARF as well. ARF is a bit too white. Noob is a bit too dull. The ARF also looked to be chipping paint and I don't even wear it.

Teris

31/12/14
Just installed a CF on my Noob and definitely a noticable improvement. Sods law just sold my ARF before doing it so cant compare but in pretty sure the ARF was just as good so I'd not bother on those. for Noob id definitely recommend it though

How hard was it to swap out the bezel?