• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
Approved my QC Pics. Now I just need to find a watchmaker wo will change the bezel.... (everyone in my city declined)
53f4c7662d72139371ddc0fa02a12d41.jpg
4f6f679a0d53e26d6be72f1d97c5caab.jpg
d7a12c3e5b66b9f579cde93db7b5098c.jpg
6422cbde5226e6790c07691603bdfbac.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

After looking again, I started noticing that the „180“ is in one picture like every other number but in every other picture it looks not as white as the other ones. Is that dirt? :/

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
Swapped out the bracelet... Which, I think ties it all together with the CF bezel... Small, subtle changes with good results :)
48812012173_8ca4f19ab0_b.jpg

48812508712_d890afdf33_b.jpg

48812508727_2aeb4885ff_b.jpg

48812012258_e4822a17b0_b.jpg

Reactions: sniffti and Nivka

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Swapped out the bracelet... Which, I think ties it all together with the CF bezel... Small, subtle changes with good results :)
48812012173_8ca4f19ab0_b.jpg

48812508712_d890afdf33_b.jpg

48812508727_2aeb4885ff_b.jpg

48812012258_e4822a17b0_b.jpg

Did the arf bracelet and sels fit good without do any modifications?
I have a a noob panda v2.2 and have ordered a CF bezel.
And still looking for an ARF bracelet or clasp only.
But i heard a lot of different signals about the fit of the whole arf bracelet fitting.
What I have figured out at the moment is that it’s seems to be a hit or mis..

Could you pls upload the pictures so the tapatalk users(like me) can see them as well?

Sent from the RWI App

shortlegs

31/5/19
ubi I must say I'm way more impressed with the photography than with the rep itself. Beautiful shots.

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
Thanks gents! Much appreciated! I use an 11 year old Canon Rebel DSLR; it's starting to show it's age a little, but it still does a pretty good job all things considered :)

As for the Oyster bracelet... It is indeed an ARF bracelet, but in all honesty, I ended up switching back to the Noob bracelet. It just fit better whereas the ARF SELs had some lateral gaps that I just couldn't stand looking at, and the clasp wasn't quite as nice as the Noob. The ARF definitely has better overall finish (minus the clasp), but if it doesn't fit right, none of that really matters to me. The Noob definitely looks much improved, especially after replacing the springbars (the ones that came fitted on the watch were bent at the tips).

An interesting thing that I noticed- The Noob links and SEL are all just a smidge wider than the ARF; I'll need to get the calipers out and measure, but the difference was noted when I tried experimenting with some mixing and matching between the two...

Reactions: masterpiece777

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Thanks gents! Much appreciated! I use an 11 year old Canon Rebel DSLR; it's starting to show it's age a little, but it still does a pretty good job all things considered :)

As for the Oyster bracelet... It is indeed an ARF bracelet, but in all honesty, I ended up switching back to the Noob bracelet. It just fit better whereas the ARF SELs had some lateral gaps that I just couldn't stand looking at, and the clasp wasn't quite as nice as the Noob. The ARF definitely has better overall finish (minus the clasp), but if it doesn't fit right, none of that really matters to me. The Noob definitely looks much improved, especially after replacing the springbars (the ones that came fitted on the watch were bent at the tips).

An interesting thing that I noticed- The Noob links and SEL are all just a smidge wider than the ARF; I'll need to get the calipers out and measure, but the difference was noted when I tried experimenting with some mixing and matching between the two...

6885433 noob clasp are replaced with arf clasps and you are first that said that noob have better clasp

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
6885433 noob clasp are replaced with arf clasps and you are first that said that noob have better clasp

Exactly this,

i have and noob 116500 panda v2.2 and have planned to buy an arf donor watch,just for the clasp(since I heard and read that the sels will have gaps)and dail.
I have ordered the CF bezel.

i have done a lot of research and tbh: I can’t say that the noob clasp is bad.
but I don’t have an arf in hands.
but my braclet and clasp from my arf sub 904L v2 is the best rep bracelet I have ever seen out of the box.
so I assume that the arf clasp and bracelet will be superb,and higher quality and finishing than the noob.

if it’s like you saying that the noob clasp is beter and the bracelet does not fit nice and tight at the sels.
means for me that I need to buy a whole donor watch just for the dail only since I have already ordered a CF bezel there won’t be and suitable upgrade beside the superior dail from the arf.

Last edited:

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Exactly this,

i have and noob 116500 panda v2.2 and have planned to buy an arf donor watch,just for the clasp(since I heard and read that the sels will have gaps)and dail.
I have ordered the CF bezel.

i have done a lot of research and tbh: I can’t say that the noob clasp is bad.
but I don’t have an arf in hands.
but my braclet and clasp from my arf sub 904L v2 is the best rep bracelet I have ever seen out of the box.
so I assume that the arf clasp and bracelet will be superb,and higher quality and finishing than the noob.

if it’s like you saying that the noob clasp is beter and the bracelet does not fit nice and tight at the sels.
means for me that I need to buy a whole donor watch just for the dail only since I have already ordered a CF bezel there won’t be and suitable upgrade beside the superior dail from the arf.

Hi you could then install the noob dial and clasp onto the ARF to sell it M2M at a reduced price :)

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Hi you could then install the noob dial and clasp onto the ARF to sell it M2M at a reduced price :)

LOL maybe but he says that the noob clasp is even beter than the arf.
so only the dail remains to fit the upgrade if it’s true..
i don’t want to spent like 500 usd for a dail.

Reactions: jcher

ssouthall6

10/10/13
There is barely any difference in the clasp now. The early ones were crap, the newer noob batch is acceptable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobi01

2/2/19

I have arf and planning to do this,are you interested in buying?

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Just got CF bezels.. some comparison with my 10-mths-old ARF on Noob.
i do not have problem of color fading/darken fonts with ARF (maybe I take good care of it) but this two just look so damn close.
With current landscape where ARF parts are impossible to source without getting whole watch this CF is a good but more expansive alternative (upgrade)!

ZrE4P.jpg

ZrfmS.jpg

ZrNgW.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: freediver

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
There is barely any difference in the clasp now. The early ones were crap, the newer noob batch is acceptable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a v2.2 and the look feel and finishing is of the clasp is quite good.
Feels very solid and locks smoothly and tight.

But like I said the overall quality from my Arf sub bracelet/clasp wins.
The polishing and overal finish of the claps and bracelet is superb and very gen like,no rattling or what so ever.
But I don’t ever had an arf clasp/bracelet IRL side by side to see if it’s worth to buy a donor watch.

I have cleaned my noob bracelet with ultrasonic cleaner and soap and a toothbrush.
And the rattling from the bracelet is way less now.
But the polishing on the arf bracelet from my sub is superb and very gen like.

If I know for sure that the arf bracelet would fit I bought the watch yesterday.

If someone can source me an arf panda dail pls pm me :)

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:
Reactions: Enfer06

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
The decision to change back to my noob bracelet and clasp was my own personal preference; YMMV. Nothing more. The ARF bracelet I rec'd was not a great fit, and the clasp has some issues as well- Specifically where the fliplock seats. My ARF has gaps here as well, while the noob that came with my watch is nice and tight. Otherwise, the ARF has better overall finish... It is just the fit issues that I didn't like.

Again... I am not saying that every ARF has these issues, nor is every noob perfect. But for me, this is my preferred set up.

Noob clasp on the left; ARF on the right.
48833420248_61734165dc_b.jpg

Reactions: ssouthall6

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
The decision to change back to my noob bracelet and clasp was my own personal preference; YMMV. Nothing more. The ARF bracelet I rec'd was not a great fit, and the clasp has some issues as well- Specifically where the fliplock seats. My ARF has gaps here as well, while the noob that came with my watch is nice and tight. Otherwise, the ARF has better overall finish... It is just the fit issues that I didn't like.

Again... I am not saying that every ARF has these issues, nor is every noob perfect. But for me, this is my preferred set up.

Noob clasp on the left; ARF on the right.
48833420248_61734165dc_b.jpg

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and and take time to shoot this picture.
when I see this i think at least for me the clasp is not an upgrade.

do you have a closeup picture from the bracelets side by side?

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
Wasn't sure exactly which part you wanted to see in detail, so I just snapped a few. If there is something specific you want to see, let me know.

48834286051_a203fd6462_b.jpg

48834286096_b3bf4b2d86_b.jpg

48834286146_fff44e3f81_b.jpg