• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
The TD will charge 158$ plus 15$ fitting for the CF. ... would you still pay the extra ?

Tuff call. Depends if you have a lot of discretionary income sure why not. I personally am waiting till I see more real life side to side comparisons and till peeps like MScott pipe in on those. This is what I did when I ordered my first rep a couple of weeks ago read lots of threads and saw lots of pics and then made up my mind - for a GMF GMTII BLNR just in case you were wondering.

so I won't be one of the trendsetters but also am less likely to end up with buyer's remorse

Now if I wouldn't have 7 mouths to feed I might just buy one now and in that case I would go with the CF

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
The TD will charge 158$ plus 15$ fitting for the CF. ... would you still pay the extra ?

You could probably sell the noob bezel for at least $100 to a v1 or v2 owner, then the cf bezel has only cost you $58

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
In order to take this CF bezel, I'm wondering if some of us took the time to measure the Noob Crystal Gasket and changed with wich one to put the Crystal in correct height.
with my actual (and very strange) bezel, it doesn't look like the crystal is sitting high, but I would like to be prepared to change the gasket if the CF one is slimmer than my actual bezel.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Just recieved mine. Guys, if you have a Noob, this is a must have! The difference is night and day. Compared to a gen bezel, there is no difference. (And in the sunlight, you can see that this is platinum and not white paint, it has a sparkle to it)

I installed it myself usign red1´s guide https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-daytona-bezel using a stanley blade and a 10$ press from amazon :)

IMG-4610.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ginopino

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Just recieved mine. Guys, if you have a Noob, this is a must have! The difference is night and day. Compared to a gen bezel, there is no difference. (And in the sunlight, you can see that this is platinum and not white paint, it has a sparkle to it)

I installed it myself usign red1´s guide https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-daytona-bezel using a stanley blade and a 10$ press from amazon :)

IMG-4610.jpg

can you post a side pics to see how the crystal is out of the bezel?

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Just recieved mine. Guys, if you have a Noob, this is a must have! The difference is night and day. Compared to a gen bezel, there is no difference.

Did you compare the Clean Factory Bezel in person, side by side with a Gen, or just in pictures?

Jeff92

Known Member
15/11/18
France
The noob bezel V3 is still not platinium... it is worth the upgrade... Good combination with the newer dial on V3.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
freediver- Thank you kindly! I think it helps tremendously that the watch is extremely photogenic :) It's an easy watch to capture in photos...

Lartamia- Forgive my ignorance; are tapatalk users not able to see my images?

d3xophen- My watch is a noob :) Genuine crystal gasket fitted to bring the crystal height down a little and now wearing a CF bezel. Have some additional changes that I'll be making, but not sure how far I need to actually take things; it's a great watch with very little that really needs to be done to it (IMHO).
48770917808_3fd8c3248d_b.jpg

​​​

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
freediver- Thank you kindly! I think it helps tremendously that the watch is extremely photogenic :) It's an easy watch to capture in photos...

Lartamia- Forgive my ignorance; are tapatalk users not able to see my images?

d3xophen- My watch is a noob :) Genuine crystal gasket fitted to bring the crystal height down a little and now wearing a CF bezel. Have some additional changes that I'll be making, but not sure how far I need to actually take things; it's a great watch with very little that really needs to be done to it (IMHO).
48770917808_3fd8c3248d_b.jpg

​​​

It's simply gorgeous! Those pics are incredible!
Can you please tell us where you took the gen gasket for the crystal? Did you compared the gen with the noob one to see the difference in height?

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
ginopino- Thank you kindly, sir! Appreciate the kind words!

The gasket was something I had in my spares... So, it was a quick and easy exchange. If I recall correct, the noob crystal was .2mm taller than the gen I exchanged it with. Does not sound like a lot, but it made a considerable difference. Before, the top edge of the gasket could be seen just creeping up above the rehaut if viewed from an angle. The gasket change eliminates that.