• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
So the Noob V1 & V2 white dial were way off from the gen. But the the V2.2 (feb 2019 onwards) they seem to have rectified the thickness of the sub dials and seems pretty close to the gen from what I have read and seen on the forum. So my question is, if you own a noob V2.2, is there really a need to swap the dial with a ARF? Is the difference so much between the noob V2.2 white dial and ARF that one should swap?

Look, it gets close to the law of diminishing returns. The bigger issue is the flat coronet, incorrect color red for DAYTONA and spotty printing. But for 99.9% of the people its perfect. The next step is to buy a gen dial.

Reactions: Kmmas

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Are people swapping these out themselves or getting someone to do it? I think I could do it myself with a little help, but I don't want to crack it and throw $160 down the drain

Reactions: Kmmas

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08
Look, it gets close to the law of diminishing returns. The bigger issue is the flat coronet, incorrect color red for DAYTONA and spotty printing. But for 99.9% of the people its perfect. The next step is to buy a gen dial.

noob v2.2 has flat coronet? not at all

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
noob v2.2 has flat coronet? not at all

The real coronet is rounded and the points of the crown are little semi spheres.

Our friend the Noob, in contrast, is simply a punched piece of metal.

If you own/handle gen, its a pretty quick tell. Not on the wrist, but if you look at it, you see it.

rolex-fake-vs-real-crown.jpg

replica_vs_authentic.png

Noob.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nivka and ginopino

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08
The real coronet is rounded and the points of the crown are little semi spheres.

Our friend the Noob, in contrast, is simply a punched piece of metal.

If you own/handle gen, its a pretty quick tell. Not on the wrist, but if you look at it, you see it.

rolex-fake-vs-real-crown.jpg

replica_vs_authentic.png

Noob.jpg

i know what youre talking about. im familiar with gen quality, owned a gen sub for years (although it doesnt have metal coronet), but also handled the gen daytona

mine looks pretty rounded to naked eye. maybe a tiny fraction less rounded than gen but i wouldnt consider this a big issue

free image upload

Reactions: 2841

Kmmas

7/4/15
The only real issue in the noob dial I feel which can be seen by the naked eye is the “Daytona” in red! Especially if placed next to a gen

i know what youre talking about. im familiar with gen quality, owned a gen sub for years (although it doesnt have metal coronet), but also handled the gen daytona

mine looks pretty rounded to naked eye. maybe a tiny fraction less rounded than gen but i wouldnt consider this a big issue

free image upload

newrepper

13/6/18
Are people swapping these out themselves or getting someone to do it? I think I could do it myself with a little help, but I don't want to crack it and throw $160 down the drain

Read a few people saying there was a chance of crystal popping out and that a press would be needed to put the new bezel on ... I said I would give it a try anyway even though I have no experience with any of that.

Could not get the old bezel off so I took it to a local watchsmith. When he popped it off the crystal cane out as well and he then put it all back together and pressure tested it (passed to 5atm)

its slightly misaligned but It’s ok for me

Reactions: Nivka

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
Performing the bezel swap isn't super difficult; the only caution in the process is to make sure that when the bezel is being removed/fitted, it remains level/straight in the process. Ceramic being ceramic, the possibility of it cracking/fracturing is likely if more force of pressure is applied to one side of the bezel if it is at an angle. Having a press is a great tool to have here, especially on the reinstall to make sure that the same amount of pressure is applied evenly across the entire bezel.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Does this bezel insert have any fading issues? I know I can't expect perfection, but I am interested to buy this insert for a noob daytona and want to make sure it won't fade over time like some reps do.

PS- I have had my ARF for a while and there is no fading at all. Great piece.

Reactions: Bobi01

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Performing the bezel swap isn't super difficult; the only caution in the process is to make sure that when the bezel is being removed/fitted, it remains level/straight in the process. Ceramic being ceramic, the possibility of it cracking/fracturing is likely if more force of pressure is applied to one side of the bezel if it is at an angle. Having a press is a great tool to have here, especially on the reinstall to make sure that the same amount of pressure is applied evenly across the entire bezel.

red1 Has a lot of experience modding and repairing both Noob and ARF Daytonas.
He is already working with the new Clean Factory bezels...

You don't need a press to fit the clean factory, you can use a tiny amount of silicon and gently press it on with your fingers. Arf and Noob need a press so much more chance of snapping if you're not confident when fitting

Last edited:

Sm786

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/19
Guys quick question i have accepted my QC pics from my TD for the V3 panda daytona but he has given me the option to have the Clean factory bezel. Is it worth upgrading?

Last edited:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Guys quick question i have accepted my QC pics from my TD for the V3 panda daytona but he has given me the option to have the Clean factory bezel. Is it worth upgrading?

I dont think so,on v2 noob bezel was trash and now on v3 looks ok

Sm786

4/9/19
Ok unless anyone else thinks otherwise i will tell the TD not to change the v3 noob bezel to the clean bezel.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
From what I have seen I think CF is still the best .... if you don't have to pay extra I would say get the CF....

Sm786

4/9/19
From what I have seen I think CF is still the best .... if you don't have to pay extra I would say get the CF....

The TD will charge 158$ plus 15$ fitting for the CF. ... would you still pay the extra ?