• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
The macro shots of the text is N, CF, Arf

The CF bezel is claimed to be too bold and engravings too deep, however on the wrist the Arf font is brighter which makes the text look bold. From looking at the Jtime pictures, the CF bezel colour is close to gen, which leads me too think Arf is too bright. However the colour can look slightly different depending on the light.

The Arf engravings are cleaner under magnification, all lines are perfect. But Arf QC can be bad you need to check the bezel or you'll get lots of defects.

Hard to say which is better both have + - points

You don't need a press to fit the clean factory, you can use a tiny amount of silicon and gently press it on with your fingers. Arf and Noob need a press so much more chance of snapping if you're not confident when fitting

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Amazing the CF is the best
I was thinking N ARF CF but it’s N CF ARF

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
I will post up pics when I receive the watch back from legend . The man has a Midas touch, and I am so thankful to him for helping me "upgrade" the noob daytona v2.2.

karter01

Horology Curious
15/7/19

The CF bezel is claimed to be too bold and engravings too deep, however on the wrist the Arf font is brighter which makes the text look bold. From looking at the Jtime pictures, the CF bezel colour is close to gen, which leads me too think Arf is too bright. However the colour can look slightly different depending on the light.

The Arf engravings are cleaner under magnification, all lines are perfect. But Arf QC can be bad you need to check the bezel or you'll get lots of defects.

You don't need a press to fit the clean factory, you can use a tiny amount of silicon and gently press it on with your fingers. Arf and Noob need a press so much more chance of snapping if you're not confident when fitting

Did you ever get around to making a video tutorial on replacement? Or is it that easy?

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
tjb8Px.jpg

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Now i see that ARF color is way off
Too white and too sharp bevel edge
CF is the way to go. Same color as genuine