• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Only flicked through the pics quickly but this CF bezel looks very similar to the ARF insert. The S is exactly the same?

Is there a Rolex stamp on the back?

Last edited:

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
My only concern on the Arf is the possibility of a lip on the case like they do on the steel version which might stop it pressing flush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No lip on the ARF. Wasn’t that the old 2824 noob Daytona case?

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I take your point in theory - but no it is not that simple because it ain't prying up. So unless you have that machine that removes bezels, good luck with a butter knife.

So back to my question - anybody done this without sending to a modder (and without a special tool specifically designed to remove a bezel)? Ultimately trying to wave people off avoidable grave mistakes.

I’ve done it many many times on both rep and gen buddy!! But if you are not confident send it to someone who is!

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
No lip on the ARF. Wasn’t that the old 2824 noob Daytona case?

No, the arf 116520 had a lip as I had to remove it to fit a gen bezel but that was the v1. Maybe V2 had it removed from the factory. Good news the ceramic doesn’t have one! Thanks.

Reactions: bill33

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
I’ve done it many many times on both rep and gen buddy!! But if you are not confident send it to someone who is!

Ha! Not confident is an understatement! No matter, it’s off to yodog ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: botsyboy

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
To me this looks very good and definitely the best rep insert so far!

Reactions: Digital.

shortlegs

31/5/19
ARF looks better.. font is too bold.

Don't think the font is bold per se. It's just that the engravings are a little deeper, and the top edges are more bevelled with the paint applied onto the bevelled portions. But that's only on the macro shots. I think on the wrist it's really next to impossible to tell it is a rep, without the gen next to it for comparison.

Me, I'm just happy the color and the dreaded serif font of the Noob bezel can now be easily fixed.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
to my eyes, even if we are talking about macro shots, there is still room for improvements. Look at the V1 vs V2 CF bezel for the 116610. The V2 is way better than V1 and incredibly gen like to me.
Hope those too deep engravings will be fixed with a V2.

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
Here is one we swapped for a customer who bought a Noob 2.2 panda from us.
For your guys information.

20190825103340.jpg

guybythelake

13/7/14
Did you ever hand it to someone ? I have some friends who would say: Can I see it ? Put it on their wrist and make a picture. I guess half an hour later that picture would circulate on r-l-x forum.

No, but if someone said that. My response would be i do not hand my watch, cell phone, wallet or glaases to anyone. Sorry.. if thay insist, i tell him the story about the friend's friend who dropped and cracked the screen on my brand newl Iphone while checking it out. So... Sorry bro!

And by the way if someone was to ask if it is real, i would ask if they wanna buy it...

I cant stand nosey people.

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
sheriffs is noob, that is easy, the other two now ...

;-)

Just a bit of fun because sometimes when your'e told which is which, you listen to someone else's opinion rather than form your own..

Noob is completely wrong but the other two are very good.

Reactions: freediver