• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

newrepper

13/6/18
Just received my clean factory bezel, just deciding if I should try to swap it myself or take it somewhere

will try and get pictures up soon

Reactions: XLR8R

Luizin2004

Renowned Member
11/1/11
Just received my clean factory bezel, just deciding if I should try to swap it myself or take it somewhere

How is the feel of it compared to ARF Stock?

Thank you

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Kmmas

7/4/15
If f I get both the noob watch and the CF bezel from a TD, will he do the swap for me?
Also is there a recommended modder for the Daytonas if I decide to go the ARF donor route?

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14

Me too, just got the watch and the clean bezel but am super hesitant to try prying off the stock bezel. Has someone out there done this on their own yet, without sending to a modder? Can’t be as simple as 4 cornering it with a flat edge until it comes loose right?

391b90bfb10ca7f058af126d81cb0b61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotNHorny

Known Member
21/7/19
Interested in how to remove stock bezel as well.

Kmmas

7/4/15
If You buy a noob watch and clean ceramic insert both at the same time from a TD, will they do the swap for you?

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Me too, just got the watch and the clean bezel but am super hesitant to try prying off the stock bezel. Has someone out there done this on their own yet, without sending to a modder? Can’t be as simple as 4 cornering it with a flat edge until it comes loose right?

391b90bfb10ca7f058af126d81cb0b61.jpg

Of course it is that simple. There is no magic fixing method buddy. The ceramic bezel is only pressure fitted around the crystal gasket.
It looks excellent in your pic with nice smooth edges around the engravings.
My only concern on the Arf is the possibility of a lip on the case like they do on the steel version which might stop it pressing flush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Of course it is that simple. There is no magic fixing method buddy. The ceramic bezel is only pressure fitted around the crystal gasket.
It looks excellent in your pic with nice smooth edges around the engravings.
My only concern on the Arf is the possibility of a lip on the case like they do on the steel version which might stop it pressing flush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I take your point in theory - but no it is not that simple because it ain't prying up. So unless you have that machine that removes bezels, good luck with a butter knife.

So back to my question - anybody done this without sending to a modder (and without a special tool specifically designed to remove a bezel)? Ultimately trying to wave people off avoidable grave mistakes.

Reactions: dc2_bb6_cu2

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
I take your point in theory - but no it is not that simple because it ain't prying up. So unless you have that machine that removes bezels, good luck with a butter knife.

So back to my question - anybody done this without sending to a modder (and without a special tool specifically designed to remove a bezel)? Ultimately trying to wave people off avoidable grave mistakes.

Use a Stanley blade wrapped in a sunglasses cleaning cloth. You need a press to put it back on. Also the knowledge and confidence you're not going to snap it. I will do a tutorial over the weekend.

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Use a Stanley blade wrapped in a sunglasses cleaning cloth. You need a press to put it back on. Also the knowledge and confidence you're not going to snap it. I will do a tutorial over the weekend.

Yeah this is exactly what I thought, thanks red1. Translation - most of us shouldn't try this at home lol.

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08

thanks alot

Reactions: Digital.

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Yeah this is exactly what I thought, thanks red1. Translation - most of us shouldn't try this at home lol.

You can practice on your noob bezel, at least it's not the end of the world if you break it

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Can’t put the bezel back with hand ? Need special tool according to red1 ?

Red1 can you make pictures noob vs arf vs cf ?

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Can’t put the bezel back with hand ? Need special tool according to red1 ?

Red1 can you make pictures noob vs arf vs cf ?

You just need a press, I'll show you it can be done with a cheap £5 tool from ebay. I dont think you want to spend £500 on a Bergeon press for one bezel haha

Yes will take macro pictures when I have all 3. Hopefully this weekend.

Reactions: Nivka