• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
I guess Guru is correct that Noob V2.2 doesn't need to have crystal gasket shaved as the crystal height appears correct on it.
Here's comparison pics of Gen Vs Noob showing stated above.

Reactions: guru

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Mine need a shaving too
Noob 2.2

7886207b3db0672b9e47a647351450b1.jpg

5ec1765a452551cc5c566db5929ebec8.jpg
6ba2897b9143b8bd849dec22ada9aebd.jpg

mate crystal height appears ok to me imo:)

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Along with the sharpness of details and overall quality.

Some say the Noob dials are "good enough", but a number of people who have seen both in person, have gone to the extra expense and effort to switch to an ARF dial.

I have Noob V2.2, Gen as well as ARF and I must say Noob Ceramic Black V2.2 is definitely good enough and is not worth upgrading to ARF considering the efforts and money involved. Switching to Gen is a different story but imo ARF dial is not worth money n efforts against Noob V2.2. Although YMMV:)

Dtime98

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/19
Love my noob 2.2 panda. If I could snap my fingers to switch the bezel sure I would, but as some suggested the effort isn’t worth the squeeze. Price is fine, it’s the labor. So far not one Rolex wearer I’ve encountered has questioned the watch. All were like “wow you got the panda” Bottom line is if you’re driving a Honda and living with your mom yeah you’ll get all the “is it fake?” comments (And rightfully so because it’s illogical that you’d have 25k laying around for one generally speaking) but if you’re not why would anyone ever question its authenticity? They won’t because perception is reality.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
wow ok, can you tell if mine is really v2.2?

I think mr M Scott can be more precise than me, but I think yours is a V2.

I can post you pics of mine and look at my bezel: to me is different from yours.

Both 116500 Pandas pictured below have the Updated "V2.2" Dial.
The ginopino watch on the right clearly has a non-Noob Bezel.
It has the Serifs on the Rs like a Noob, but it appears to be from another source.
As ssouthall6 said, it may be an OMF bezel.

Right Click and Open in a New Tab to see this Image Larger...
Noob-V2-2-35.jpg

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Both 116500 Pandas pictured below have the Updated "V2.2" Dial.
The ginopino watch on the right clearly has a non-Noob Bezel.
It has the Serifs on the Rs like a Noob, but it appears to be from another source.
As ssouthall6 said, it may be an OMF bezel.

Right Click and Open in a New Tab to see this Image Larger...
Noob-V2-2-35.jpg

Watch came as you see. No OMF bezel installed.
I removed all the wrap personally from it, so Noob had another source, maybe temporary, for the bezel.
That’s what I think.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Watch came as you see. No OMF bezel installed.
I removed all the wrap personally from it, so Noob had another source, maybe temporary, for the bezel.
That’s what I think.

I am certainly not doubting your word or how you received this watch.

I can tell you that I have reviewed the QC pictures for over 60 116500 Noobs and I have never seen another one with a bezel like yours has.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I am certainly not doubting your word or how you received this watch.

I can tell you that I have reviewed the QC pictures for over 60 116500 Noobs and I have never seen another one with a bezel like yours has.

And that’s what is incredibly strange! I still have the bezel protector with the N from Noob, so I don’t have doubt on it. And also the movement.
I also looked for OMF bezel but I can’t find a model with this color and they don’t have the Serif R.
But, hey, the bezel looks like the OMF in shape.

let’s see if is an isolated case or more will pop-up.

anyway, I wanted to change it so is not a problem...

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Love my noob 2.2 panda. If I could snap my fingers to switch the bezel sure I would, but as some suggested the effort isn’t worth the squeeze. Price is fine, it’s the labor. So far not one Rolex wearer I’ve encountered has questioned the watch. All were like “wow you got the panda” Bottom line is if you’re driving a Honda and living with your mom yeah you’ll get all the “is it fake?” comments (And rightfully so because it’s illogical that you’d have 25k laying around for one generally speaking) but if you’re not why would anyone ever question its authenticity? They won’t because perception is reality.

Did you ever hand it to someone ? I have some friends who would say: Can I see it ? Put it on their wrist and make a picture. I guess half an hour later that picture would circulate on r-l-x forum.

Dtime98

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/19
Did you ever hand it to someone ? I have some friends who would say: Can I see it ? Put it on their wrist and make a picture. I guess half an hour later that picture would circulate on r-l-x forum.

Get new friends heh.

Reactions: ginopino