• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Yes, sorry - fair point... I didn’t mean to contribute to a thread hijack. Simple, short answer is to use a razor blade and proceed very, very slowly.

Ok... we are arrived so far... I’m gonna ask the obvious sequel: to re-apply the bezel, need a crystal press?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Ok... we are arrived so far... I’m gonna ask the obvious sequel: to re-apply the bezel, need a crystal press?
I didn’t when I fitted the replacement. I pressed it on using my fingers and thumbs. 3 times, because every time I got it fully in place it had rotated a little and the 60 was misaligned.

But, I am NOT a watch smith, so feel free to disregard my advice!

Edit (to keep this thread on topic): I have to say that personally I don’t feel tempted by this replacement bezel from Clean, based on the photos of this sample. It looks grey rather than black, and the overly deep etching makes the markings appear too dark.

Last edited:

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I didn’t when I fitted the replacement. I pressed it on using my fingers and thumbs. 3 times, because every time I got it fully in place it had rotated a little and the 60 was misaligned.

But, I am NOT a watch smith, so feel free to disregard my advice!

Edit (to keep this thread on topic): I have to say that personally I don’t feel tempted by this replacement bezel from Clean, based on the photos of this sample. It looks grey rather than black, and the overly deep etching makes the markings appear too dark.

Thanks for your experience!

to stay in topic: to me looks good, I see no problem with the black, but I agree that the deeper etching makes the marker looks too darker. Would like to see in real life.

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
Hm.. doesn't look the UNITS PER HOUR a bit too bold?
Like the U from UNIT.. check the distance between the U on rep + gen and other

Last edited:

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Hm.. doesn't look the UNITS PER HOUR a bit too bold?
Like the U from UNIT.. check the distance between the U on rep + gen and other

May be hard to see in person, I can tell you in the flesh even if you had the Serif R's they would be so hard to see. Other than that this bezel is definitely a step up for those with the Noob watches.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
May be hard to see in person, I can tell you in the flesh even if you had the Serif R's they would be so hard to see. Other than that this bezel is definitely a step up for those with the Noob watches.

How does it compare to the ARF bezel in your opinion?

Reactions: XLR8R

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
How does it compare to the ARF bezel in your opinion?

Need both in hand, or at least good photos like these side by side. For what it's worth I think the ARF looks pretty damn good as is, so not sure if it is worth the upgrade even if the CF bezel is better.

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Need both in hand, or at least good photos like these side by side. For what it's worth I think the ARF looks pretty damn good as is, so not sure if it is worth the upgrade even if the CF bezel is better.

I think the value proposition is more for the Noob owners. ARF isn’t selling individual parts (at least not that any TD I’ve contacted has been able to share), so this is a great fix for Noob 500LN owners.

dashing

Dashing Around
Supporter
20/5/18
Metroville
Waiting for someone with the ARF bezel to make the comparison with the CF bezel.

With the close up pics, it seems like the "UNITS PER HOUR" text is too bold. BUT nobody walks around with a goddamn loupe, and given how tiny the bezel is physically, it is probably a non-issue.

If it is comparable with the ARF bezel, I'd wager that it is a better alternative just for the fact that it is not likely to have the "flaking paint" issue that most ARF ceramic bezels are having.

Reactions: ginopino

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
gen or rep?

because rep i think are the same

Believe it or not, both Gen and rep use different case designs between steel models and precious metals models. This is one of the reasons why a bracelet will not fit a precious metals Daytona that was designed to use an oyster flex. I have both and I discovered this the hard way.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: masterpiece777

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
This should help you visualize the differences:

0CEA5DDD-D0BE-47F1-90DA-A97AFBB9BFBB_zpskgpyniup.jpeg

82B1283E-51AF-4696-87A8-78A39AC2FDD1_zps0imnqixu.jpeg

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Hi Li! Thanks for this comparison. On the wrist, your Clean 116500 ceramic bezel should be fine. Pricey, though. Approaching Spongebob level...

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
Dont remember forum rules, Can I post QC pics when I have GL'd it?

Just wanna show you boys.