• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
Hi gentlemen,

As we all know, Clean Factory has released their 116610LN Submariner black ceramic insert for about 3 months already, and using it on ZZF 116610LN black Submariner now.
From what we heard from our customers who bought this insert, seems its quality is quite good and it is really a nice rep insert to upgrade their rep subs.

And we have posted 2 threads about the Sub insert before as well, here are the links as reference below:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...f-noob-and-vrf
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...16610-ln-vs-v1

Recently there are some rumors about their Daytona insert releasing over forums, and we had many customers asking us about the Daytona insert from Clean Factory.
Luckily we have the real piece in hand now and have prepared a quick review for everyone here to see how it looks like.

OK, Let's go down to some pictures now.

DSC-8346.jpg

General Front View

The left one is Gen insert, the right one is Clean Factory insert.
With quick glance over these 2 inserts, it is not easily to tell obvious difference between each other.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Close View of Engraved Markers

As we all can see the all details from pictures above, this rep insert from Clean Factory is quite nice on marker's shape, edges and the color.

Here are some info from factory I would like to share with you all:
1. This insert is produced by precise mould with engraved markers on already, not like other insert with laser engraved markers. So that we can see the edges finishing, engraving shape and engraving depth of this insert could be the best among all the rep inserts.
2. This insert is using real platinum plating, exactly same as the former 116610LN insert. With platinum plating, we can see the color is very close to gen as dark silver. And because of the high adhesive force of platinum plating, the color will not fade away or drop off like other versions inserts on the market, as we can tell from the experiences based on their 116610LN insert.
3. About this "Platinum Plating", factory told us that it is not that mysterious as we all think, and they already got this tech very well based on their former experiences.

Overall, I would like to say this new Daytona black ceramic insert could be a nice choice for those people would like to have a upgrade on their ARF and Noob Daytonas.

OK, this will be the end of this quick review now.
Please leave comments to share your ideas and thoughts with everyone here as always!
See you guys around and cheers!

All the best
Li

Jtime Watch

Last edited:

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
real question is when are you getting the clean LV insert :) noob daytona with this bezel would look great though!

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Hey Li,

when will this insert be for sale?

best

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Hey Li,

when will this insert be for sale?

best

Yes, Great review and Great looking product.

Looks really good, much better than a Noob! Any idea how much will it cost, and when will it be available?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Great review as always. I saw clean factory also released a hulk insert - did you do a comparison on that one?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Yes, Great review and Great looking product.

Looks really good, much better than a Noob! Any idea how much will it cost, and when will it be available?

It is up for sale at 158$ on his page :)

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
I hope this becomes available soon. And that means I won't have to buy a donor ARF watch just for the bezel :D

Reactions: dc2_bb6_cu2

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
Noob V9 with spongebob bezel mod. Much better than any CF bezel :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Love the Clean bezel on my ZZF Sub. Gonna need three of these...

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
So annoying when ppl post totally irrelevant pictures and they end up being the cover photo of the discussion

Your hulk bezel looks like every other rep hulk bezel, nothing like gen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indoor lighting shot of ARF v2 bezel with spongebob insert.
Best looking dull green like gen :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
My V1 Noob Daytona stock bezel looks absolutely mint as well. That CF platinum fill looks messy AF
70cca520b5502b95357629347f51011c.jpg

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
Indoor lighting shot of ARF v2 bezel with spongebob insert.
Best looking dull green like gen :)

Why post a hulk picture in a Daytona bezel discussion? Stop. It's frigging annoying, and I am sure you already read what Prince William said when you quoted him..ITS ANNOYING!

Last edited:

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
Why post a hulk picture in a Daytona bezel discussion? Stop. It's frigging annoying, and I am sure you already read what Prince William said when you quoted him..ITS ANNOYING!
Wont be spending money on an insert mod for the Daytona. Looks absolutely fine and has held up to frequent hot showers lol.
No need for a mod or new bezel IMO

shortlegs

31/5/19
Think this will be a dream come true for all Noob owners. Now if the LV insert is good too than what a holy trinity the 3 CF bezels will make!

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
Think this will be a dream come true for all Noob owners. Now if the LV insert is good too than what a holy trinity the 3 CF bezels will make!
I'm not impressed by it. Clean indices look too dark and messy.