• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08
it definetly looks better than noob (noob is really bad). font better, color better, engravings are abit deeper than gen thats maybe ok

but looks like the platinum lacks the beige tone of the gen. for me thats the tell sign of the gen ceramic bezel. i almost ordered this by impulse.

my painted noob bezel vs gen

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
Beautiful. I’ve been searching for this ever since I got my noob panda

Me too. When I received my Noob in the spring, ARF decided they don't want to sell the bezel on it's own anymore. That left me with no option except to buy the ARF watch which I almost did on m2m. But I decided to wait for a Noob V3 to see if they fix the bezel. And now this comes along :D

newrepper

13/6/18
Me too. When I received my Noob in the spring, ARF decided they don't want to sell the bezel on it's own anymore. That left me with no option except to buy the ARF watch which I almost did on m2m. But I decided to wait for a Noob V3 to see if they fix the bezel. And now this comes along :D

I’m exactly the same situation, put my order through will try and swap the bezel on my own hopefully it works out with the tips I read earlier in the thread.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
it definetly looks better than noob (noob is really bad). font better, color better, engravings are abit deeper than gen thats maybe ok

but looks like the platinum lacks the beige tone of the gen. for me thats the tell sign of the gen ceramic bezel. i almost ordered this by impulse.

my painted noob bezel vs gen

Their subc insert has the tone to it and is very close so this should be the same and I’m not just going from pics, I’ve actually owned 2 of them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: OldNavitimer

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08
Their subc insert has the tone to it and is very close so this should be the same and I’m not just going from pics, I’ve actually owned 2 of them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thats interesting can you pls make a pic?

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Wow, that is a nice piece. I don't think the depth of engraving is a big issue. From the comparison pic you can't really tell. Just a tad deeper. But with the naked eye, its fine. The scary part is taking the old one off and putting the new one on. Someone with the skill should do the swap with simple tool and teach the rest how to change.

Reactions: Hidenjoy

shortlegs

31/5/19
People here as well on the Rolex forums have said to just use a knife to pry it loose. I don't think I have the balls for that..

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
People here as well on the Rolex forums have said to just use a knife to pry it loose. I don't think I have the balls for that..

I'm afraid to ruin the case... I swapped bezel and insert on submariner many times... but this I'm afraid to do something wrong.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I'm afraid to ruin the case... I swapped bezel and insert on submariner many times... but this I'm afraid to do something wrong.
You're far more likely to wreck the bezel before you ruin the case!

I recently cracked a Noob ceramic bezel trying to get it properly seated on my ARF Daytona (did swapsies so the better bezel was on the v2.2 Noob Daytona along with the ARF dial and crystal). I was using a crystal press. I know now that it puts too much pressure on the bezel - having since press-fitted a stainless bezel replacement using just thumb power alone.

It was my "learn by your mistakes" way of finding out how brittle these ceramic bezels are. So I certainly wouldn't want to do this DIY (particularly if you just spent nearly 200 bucks on it with shipping) unless I was pretty well-practised in the process.

Li had mentioned to me that these new bezels were coming when I contacted him about a replacement for the one I busted. But I admit I chickened out and replaced the black ceramic with a Noob stainless steel one. It looks really good, and cost £20!

Last edited:

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
thats interesting can you pls make a pic?

I no longer have it but here is a pic of CF fitted to an ARF v2.
59b5fa38fcecd88cfb4daa301e31bacb.jpg
19d6b75d4afca00931198820ee5ee509.jpg
eafc0fd3d6fae5d1c393defdbc8b817a.jpg

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Anyone know if this bezel would be an appropriate option for the 116519 ? Can’t tell if they’re the same or not as the 116500

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
You're far more likely to wreck the bezel before you ruin the case!

I recently cracked a Noob ceramic bezel trying to get it properly seated on my ARF Daytona (did swapsies so the better bezel was on the v2.2 Noob Daytona along with the ARF dial and crystal). I was using a crystal press. I know now that it puts too much pressure on the bezel - having since press-fitted a stainless bezel replacement using just thumb power alone.

It was my "learn by your mistakes" way of finding out how brittle these ceramic bezels are. So I certainly wouldn't want to do this DIY (particularly if you just spent nearly 200 bucks on it with shipping) unless I was pretty well-practised in the process.

Li had mentioned to me that these new bezels were coming when I contacted him about a replacement for the one I busted. But I admit I chickened out and replaced the black ceramic with a Noob stainless steel one. It looks really good, and cost £20!

Can you explain via pm how to remove it? I saw some videos using a knife...