• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08
i got the clean bezel on though, but it wasnt easy. despite using a press, the bezel wouldnt slide down horizontally, but in an angle. to prevent breaking, i put plastic washers under the bezel, replacing with thinner washers gradually in steps as i pressed down full in each step

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
even with shaved stock gasket or aftermarket 2.3mm gasket (tried both), i cant get the overall thickness lower than 12.66mm. any suggestions?

Did you measure the gasket? Mine is 2.35mm for example...

also closing hard the caseback with the correct tool coild give you some 0,0X mm of slimming

Last edited:

Djsani26

Certified
10/7/09
Austria
Hi i have question? Does someone know what specs does Clean factory bezel has? Bright high...? Thank you :)

thefallacy

False Dichotomy
Patron
Certified
16/6/15
Would anyone happen to know if CF is working on a gold version of these bezels?

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18
Can someone help me out with my QC of my CF bezel? Ordered it from Ryan at InTime, who, originally, didn't have on his site, but said that he could order it for me. My specific concern with the QC images of the CF bezel is that the bezel numbers and text look rather grey and dull vs. the bright white-platinum colour I have come to expect. Are my eyes tricking me or should I red light this because of the duller colour? Any help would be great, thanks!

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
If you have a pic of the back of the bezel, there should be a 'CF' logo on the underside.

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
. My specific concern with the QC images of the CF bezel is that the bezel numbers and text look rather grey and dull vs. the bright white-platinum colour I have come to expect.

No wrong with the engraving.
Please request for a shot to show the back of the insert.
I know Ryan is a stand up guy, just to be sure...
pAfxv.jpg

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18
No wrong with the engraving.
Please request for a shot to show the back of the insert.
I know Ryan is a stand up guy, just to be sure...
pAfxv.jpg

They sent me a picture of the back engraving. It says "clean" like the picture that you sent me. Should be fine! Thanks for helping out.

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/17
EU
i got the clean bezel on though, but it wasnt easy. despite using a press, the bezel wouldnt slide down horizontally, but in an angle. to prevent breaking, i put plastic washers under the bezel, replacing with thinner washers gradually in steps as i pressed down full in each step

Put a little bit of grease on the inner of the bezel before press it on the gasket.
You will insert it smooth

Loverolie34

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/8/20
Do someone know if clean/zzf have project to made the 116520 ??

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Do someone know if clean/zzf have project to made the 116520 ??

CF is known for their ceramic inserts. Not saying they couldn't do a steel one but that's a very different type of manufacturing process so I don't suspect so + less demand than the newer 116500

Loverolie34

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/8/20
CF is known for their ceramic inserts. Not saying they couldn't do a steel one but that's a very different type of manufacturing process so I don't suspect so + less demand than the newer 116500

Oh I wasn't aware of that, thank you for finding out, I think it's a shame there's so much room for improvement on this 116520 and a fairly constant demand