• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

REVIEW ARF 116610LV V2 SH3135 second attempt

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Very interesting and great review. I have one on the way and it gives me something to details to look for as soon as it gets here.

In the mean time, I was just checking out the differences in dial, case, layout. Color is never really reliable in pics between lighting and photo shop but there are a few things that catch my eye.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

(eta: pics. Taptalk never adds them on the 1st post)
14e7a653fe8f35531af737ab14188bb6.jpg
9bbb75b691d96ba59c7f734049862701.jpg
0444839146ac1515cf525a03af6fd314.jpg

Last edited:

djbboi

Horology Curious
14/8/19
Does anyone know if this rep can take a gen datewheel without any mods?

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Ok guys attempt 2 of the review lets jump straight in ,the sub comes in a small coffin and comes with an arf green seal

Screenshot-20190811-112537-Gallery.jpg

Let's take a look at the mid case and bracelet first.the crown guards have a good shape and are even in size,unlike most noob v9 subs.the issue with the cg on the v2 is they are a bit too fat and thick compared to gen.the lugs are unfortunately missing the 45 degree lug tip angle ,and also missing the curve so the case looks boxy,the lugs are too thick in width,and I also noticed the lugs are a little too short,because the mid sel comes down near the lug tips.so this is a shame.the rehaut engraving is terrible and looks like a child did it.arf really need to improve the font and get the alignment better

the original first batch noob v9 is the best case but not avalible no more but the new batches are not as good as they also have the squared off and boxy look like this new arf. So the arf case and current v9 cases are similar and comparable

Screenshot-20190811-112546-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20190811-112555-Gallery.jpg

the case finishing is ok nothing out of this world but it's about as good as any other reps brushing and polishing.the vertical brushing on the lugs are missing the gen angled reflection because the gen brushing is slighty angled.but it's not noticeable and not really an issue.

Screenshot-20190811-112608-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20190811-112613-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20190811-112736-Gallery.jpg

the winding crown looks just like a gen 704 with only a slight font difference and works well smooth to unscrew the thread crown pops out into position 1 winding and setting the time and using the quick set date change is super smooth on this sh3135 maybe they improved them.winding the movemnt feels like butter just like gen

Screenshot-20190811-112725-Gallery.jpg

moving to the bracelet this is where arf shines they are the king of bracelets and clasps feels great like gen and looks gen .the only small issue is the sel is a tiny bit too recessed.but that's better than flush sel ,the brushing on the bracelet is a little rough and course compared to the other arf braclet I've had in the past but even still the brushing is good enough I love the arf bracelet.the sel engravings are not that good but no1 sees that anyway

Screenshot-20190811-125812-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20190811-112621-Gallery.jpg

the sel is tight with no gaps

Screenshot-20190811-112638-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20190811-112644-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20190811-112657-Gallery.jpg

next the clasp ,it's amazing and looks and feels gen with the rounded edges.really nice click of the flip lock and excellent glide lock action.the only flaw is the perfrct crown on the fliplock is mirror polished where is should not be shiny.the older arf braclet did not have this flaw.the logo although polished looks amazing .the engraving on the inner blades is pretty good but a tiny bit thinner font compared to gen

Screenshot-20190811-133506-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20190811-112708-Gallery.jpg

I advice everyone with flush sel on there noobs to buy an arf bracelet it's a must have

the dial is pretty nice the marker surrounds look round unlike bp .but I still prefer the vrf /bp/gmf dials they are king

the colour of the green is really nice but in low light it doesn't get that super black look.it gets darker but not as dark as gen.the dial layout is good apart from the shape of the crown at 12.And this dial is kind of not period correct for a hulk with single lined rehaut.but that dont matter because rsc swap out dials daily and use what ever dial they have in stock.so being period correct is not a big issue in this case

Screenshot-20190811-112652-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20190811-112746-Gallery.jpg

The hands are totally amazing rounded and 3d .I got lucky as it seem some examples are coming with the wrong hands installed.hands from a sd43

the green ceramic insert is lovely but not as bright as gen.it seems impossible for factorys to replicate this ,the engravings have a plat colour finish maybe pvd coating with some white/grey material the font on the bezel is pretty good not too deeply cut and not to fat and wide.the bezel assembly teeth are pretty good but missing the shine from the tooling.but new gens have this style bezel assembly teeth

the bezel action is solid and firm with no play.but the bezel is stiffer than gen and sounds diffent to gen

the xtal height is good pretty flat like gen.with the laser etched crown at 6.there is no black hole as you would expect with rep xtals.so always add a gen c12 xtal for subs

as for the sh3135 movement I did not test the power reserve or the timing .but the movem felt smooth as silk ,nice and quiet
The date disc is also pretty good the font looks fine and my example was pretty well centred on all 31 days
overall the watch is ok and with a gen xtal and a vrf dial the watch would be nice summer watch

if I had to choose from the current noob v9 with the boxy case and the new arf v2 with boxy case I would prooblly choose the v9.for the better rehaut engraving and slimmer longer lugs.and use arf bracelet.

conclusion it's has some really good points and some bad points

Bracelet good/exellent
insert and bezel good
hands excellent
clasp excellent
dial ok
case not too great
crown good

Anyway that's about it guys hope it helps in your decision on what sub to buy

What about rehaut engraving? I would say Noob is more accurate?

yakuuu

Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
Can people stop quoting posts with lots of pictures for no reason?

Did you even read his post? He literally said:
if I had to choose from the current noob v9 with the boxy case and the new arf v2 with boxy case I would prooblly choose the v9.for the better rehaut engraving and slimmer longer lugs.and use arf bracelet.

Last edited:

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I agree with all your observations smoke. The ARF lume on hands and dial is ultra white and quite flat. Gen is a creamier off white colour and is more grainy in texture. Once I saw this it really bugged me. Some noobs had mismatching lume (sometimes yellowish hands) and the noob insert pearl is ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pickler

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/19
well that sucks, when did you buy yours?

Bought it in may. The automatic module failed. Watch Smith told me the reversing wheels and gears were painted and the paint wore off damaging the movement. Never getting any 3135 movement again. Good thing is ARF has started putting A2824 in these and they seem reliable .

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Bought it in may. The automatic module failed. Watch Smith told me the reversing wheels and gears were painted and the paint wore off damaging the movement. Never getting any 3135 movement again. Good thing is ARF has started putting A2824 in these and they seem reliable .

Best thing with 3135 is have it serviced Gen reversers are a must Too really. Can get expensive though

13stepper

10/3/19
As promised here are some pics with the Noob V9 2824 beside the ARF SH3135 V2

Noob is on the left

I prefer the Noob. But the ARF bracelet, clasp and easy glide extension is far superior. A bracelet switch will give me the best of both worlds!

fb80e404d8e75a13c439f4bfba4668fe.jpg

Reactions: Smoke and KSwatches

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18

Noob is on the left

I prefer the Noob. But the ARF bracelet, clasp and easy glide extension is far superior. A bracelet switch will give me the best of both worlds!

Thanks for sharing. Does the noob have yellow hands? I’ve noticed mismatching dial/hands on noob before. I do prefer the noob overall but can’t live with mismatching dial/hands lume.

antoktok

23/7/19

Noob is on the left

is it just me or does the noob pearl look better than the ARF in this pic. Isn't the ARF supposed to have better looking pearl?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
is it just me or does the noob pearl look better than the ARF in this pic. Isn't the ARF supposed to have better looking pearl?

I just received my ARF v2 and the pearl is not very good at all. Has a green looking lume material and doesn’t match the white dial line markers at all. I put a clean factory insert in to fix

https://imgur.com/a/XGbkrv4

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
mnkoshka thanks for these

No problem at all :) thought I’d also mention the lugs of the arv v2 are uneven, maybe it’s just mine lol but sorta noticed it in others photos... bottom left and top right are machined or finished a little more than the others leaving the recess of the bracelet slightly uneven looking.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
No problem at all :) thought I’d also mention the lugs of the arv v2 are uneven, maybe it’s just mine lol but sorta noticed it in others photos... bottom left and top right are machined or finished a little more than the others leaving the recess of the bracelet slightly uneven looking.

Kinda like this from the post above

https://imgur.com/a/sacivmb

JohnnyBe

3/1/16

Noob is on the left

The insert on ARF is killing it,i mean on the good way,the yellowish effect on the insert numbers in certain lighting is there.
I wouldnt bother that much for the tad fatter case.

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
The insert on ARF is killing it,the yellowish effect on the insert numbers in certain lighting is there.

i don't know why ARF can't slim down that case..? less material = cheaper

Cyrusthevirus

19/8/18
probably a silly question but have to ask... I want to mix noob v9 dial and have ARF Jubilee bracelet but i can't figure out whether it will fit or which bracelet to order.