• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[JB factory] Rolex Milgauss Label Noir tourbillon

shortlegs

31/5/19
Not to dampen the excitement of the fine work by the factory, and sorry if this is being a little OT, but how reliable are Chinese tourbillons? I was reading on other watch forums about budget tourbys, and every post says that they are not reliable, and once they break, it's next to impossible to get them repaired and the watch will have to be thrown away. Is this true?

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
Not to dampen the excitement of the fine work by the factory, and sorry if this is being a little OT, but how reliable are Chinese tourbillons? I was reading on other watch forums about budget tourbys, and every post says that they are not reliable, and once they break, it's next to impossible to get them repaired and the watch will have to be thrown away. Is this true?
Its bullsh!t.

China tourby are the best china movements. They work accurate and fine forever. And repairable. Also you can replace the full movement you can ask your TD to get it from factory for you.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Souzouteki

Horology Curious
29/12/18
Oh damn! Didn't know about this watch... and this rep looks pretty good from what we can see, looking forward to this one!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

I understand that they are quite reliable. Did the folks on those ‘other watch forums’ mention that repairing a Swiss tourbillon can cost more than a small Volkswagen?

seeseoh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/19
That look so amazing and I saw it yesterday in a dealer's photo album. I gotta start saving money right now lol

shortlegs

31/5/19
Its bullsh!t.

China tourby are the best china movements. They work accurate and fine forever. And repairable. Also you can replace the full movement you can ask your TD to get it from factory for you.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I understand that they are quite reliable. Did the folks on those ‘other watch forums’ mention that repairing a Swiss tourbillon can cost more than a small Volkswagen?

Thanks! This is totally different from what I read. I guess it's just snobbery that led them to dismiss Chinese tourbys. Although to be fair I believed them, as I thought tourbys are amongst the most difficult and complicated to manufacture, and with the generally poor tolerances from Chinese factories problems were bound to happen.

Another thing is, would the average watchsmith or repair person know how to repair a tourbillon if it breaks down?

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
D1-CA9-DCC-9-C70-4821-BBC3-6-AC08-FEE699-D.jpg
A more fitting background methinks.

Reactions: XLR8R

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Yup they look fat ,not that I have seen gen thicness

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Souzouteki

Horology Curious
29/12/18
What about that coating on the dark version? Is it something that would easily get scratched or peel off?

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I have worn and own a GEN LV Milgauss, it seems on the photos it looks a bit thick compared to a gen. I would think the factory would use a seagull tourby of which it is not that thick as I own the first version of the AP RO tourby and the factory managed to thin it down a bit on the newer version.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Duckguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/15
I personally love the look of this. Asked a TD about it, they checked into it and said they should be able to get it soon and it would run $750ish, he thought. I kinda figured it would be spendy.

Genera74

29/12/14
Looks super. But I'd rather stick with something simple than a touby. Would be happy if they just make a PVD Milgauss (like pro hunter)...

Reactions: dubhdubhdubh