• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone heard of UB(F)factory?

riderocket

18/9/18
No ide about the others but I have zero burn marks at the clasp laser engravings. The crown is quite nice as well. It is a very, very nice piece. IMO a lot better than what the web pics suggest.

melandri

Known Member
12/12/18
Where did you get yours, ride? I looked back through the thread and it wasn't clear to me. Thanks!

LinaMinelli14

Known Member
16/10/19
Bought the AN from trusty, he says its UB.

Will post pics as soon as it arrives, QC pics look great!

melandri

Known Member
12/12/18
Just placed order for the grey with puretime, will post QC photos when I get them. I frankly prefer getting the ARF but really don't want to deal with the SH3132. I like knowing I can replace the movement with a gen swiss one for a couple hundred dollars and have a watch that will most likely work for decades.

melandri

Known Member
12/12/18
Thanks for photos. I wish imgur preserved the higher resolution, can't make out a ton. The blue dial on the UB is nice and shiney though, which is good. Their dials look awfully dull in some photos.

melandri

Known Member
12/12/18
Viewing on desktop mode worked better. They all look good in my opinion but I can't really comment on dial color accuracy since I'm not familiar with gens.

Would be interesting to hear from others what the UB is lacking other than the bracelet not feeling as good as BP's

Oklajomas

Horology Curious
9/12/19
So guys is ubf good as jf or arf but has a better 2824 movement?I want grey or grape color.Want to buy closest rep but heard alot of bad things about sh3132 movement.

melandri

Known Member
12/12/18
I'm honestly a bad judge of these things, I've seen gens that I thought were fake. But from what I can tell the answer is that it's pretty close. There's not a ton of data points to judge from though. I would guess the bracelet quality is not quite as good as ARF/JF, and the engravings on the clasp don't look as good either. I can't really speak to the color accuracy of the dial, but it's possible the ARF/JF coloring is better.

melandri

Known Member
12/12/18
No, that's why I said "I would guess" and "from what I can tell". I'm just relaying information I've read from other's experiences.

Last edited:

Oklajomas

Horology Curious
9/12/19
So guys is ubf good as jf or arf but has a better 2824 movement?I want grey or grape color.Want to buy closest rep but heard alot of bad things about sh3132 movement.

So , someone who has UBF and arf\jf 114300 agree or disagree?

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
I'm happy with my JF grey with the SH3132 and would pick that over the rest. The only down sides are the cost, and the clasp doesn't lock as nicely as the BP. My two BPs keep poor time compared to the JF. It could be coincidence of course. The UB is a nice option if you want the look of the ARF but don't want to spend that much.

LinaMinelli14

Known Member
16/10/19
I received the watch from trusty AN Factory OP 34 mm green:

The dial and case is almost perfect.

The bracelet ist a bit cheap and squeeky.

The clasp is also really good.

All in all a great watch.

Size is like a vintage 36.

Recommended!

riderocket

18/9/18
Glad you like it too. Care to share a few shots? :)

My bracelet is not cheap feeling and not at all squeeky. Rather very solid.

LinaMinelli14

Known Member
16/10/19
Sure here you go:

I ordered an ultrasonic cleaner and will clean and baby oil it, to see if it helps.

Lug width must be 19 mm so ordering an ARF Bracelet is no option

All in all I think the bracelet is fine, I dont notice anything when I have the watch on.

As mentioned above the clasp feels very soild, only the links are squeeky and make weird noises :D