• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help identify this hulk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Missed this lol hmm, IDK. One sure way of ID'ing the Noob is from a clear pic of the rehaut. Noob has a unique two line engraving technique that Rolex used to use but doesn't anymore. Noob never quit using it. I would ask for a clear pic of the rehaut on both the ones you accept, that way you know for sure you are getting one of each.

VRF-vs-Noob-Rehaut-Medium.jpg

Okay so I just received email from TD saying the one in the link above is definitely noob. I asked for photos but seems like they feel there is no need :/
I guess I’ll just have to wait for photos of the “VRF “ they are getting and see if it’s different or the same

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Bummer. Ask him what the clasp code is. Noob is ST9, VRF is J9K. Tell him you're not trying to be difficult you just aren't sure because it's very hard to tell from the pics.

VRF also uses OUS, IDK if you got the 2836 or the 3135.

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Bummer. Ask him what the clasp code is. Noob is ST9, VRF is J9K. Tell him you're not trying to be difficult you just aren't sure because it's very hard to tell from the pics.

Smpfan No worries I’ll ask for photos of clasp codes and see what happens Thanks again guys

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09

hey mate Just received this QC not sure what this is lol doesn’t look like VRF. What are your thoughts

https://imgur.com/a/iyEg8F0

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
My first observation was the 12 o'clock marker looks both crooked (tilted left) and offset to the left. So I took a pic of mine at similar angle and I don't think it's the angle. Second thing is the lower dial text is not that of a new VRF. Look at my previous pic of VRF to see the long f in ft and no space between 100 and m. So it could be an old VRF, which used the BP dial - good thing except the 12 marker is off so if it is old it's probably one that's been rejected, maybe more than once. Ask for clasp code.

15657246188391.jpg

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
My first observation was the 12 o'clock marker looks both crooked (tilted left) and offset to the left. So I took a pic of mine at similar angle and I don't think it's the angle. Second thing is the lower dial text is not that of a new VRF. Look at my previous pic of VRF to see the long f in ft and no space between 100 and m. So it could be an old VRF, which used the BP dial - good thing except the 12 marker is off so if it is old it's probably one that's been rejected, maybe more than once. Ask for clasp code.

15657246188391.jpg

Yeah I noticed the markers at 12 and 9 are pretty off centre. I’ve asked for closeups and I previously asked for clasp code photos but they never got back to me. I’ll send some more pics if they reply. I noticed the bezel pearl and numerals look pretty horrific haha.
Heres one of the case and clasp something just doesn’t seem right about the case shape it’s like it over polished. Anyway once again appreciate your help mate
https://imgur.com/a/XWT7jWw

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yeah I noticed the markers at 12 and 9 are pretty off centre. I’ve asked for closeups and I previously asked for clasp code photos but they never got back to me. I’ll send some more pics if they reply. I noticed the bezel pearl and numerals look pretty horrific haha.
Heres one of the case and clasp something just doesn’t seem right about the case shape it’s like it over polished. Anyway once again appreciate your help mate
https://imgur.com/a/XWT7jWw

What the new VRF dial should look like

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-116610lv-316l

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09

Thanks for the photos mate, my last QC was definitely not that dial or what I was hoping for... never seen a dial like that with odd spacing in the text and the very misplaced dial markers. I turned it down and they said they’ll refund my whole order... took the refund, Wouldn’t send clasp code photos and after 3 months They can’t seem to find the right watch or a passable example. Maybe caused by the stock issues with the recent raids or whatever’s going on over there.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for the photos mate, my last QC was definitely not that dial or what I was hoping for... never seen a dial like that with odd spacing in the text and the very misplaced dial markers. I turned it down and they said they’ll refund my whole order... took the refund, Wouldn’t send clasp code photos and after 3 months They can’t seem to find the right watch or a passable example. Maybe caused by the stock issues with the recent raids or whatever’s going on over there.

Smart move, I think you are right about there being some raid issues. Hopefully you will have a better experience next time.

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals

I can confirm that the VR factory sh3135 116610ln and lv models is currently out of stock and they are waiting for parts .. ive been waiting for three weeks for a VRF 116610LN and LV that I ordered for a buddy and they still havent shipped from the factory I've ordered MANY watches from my td and hes always been straight with me ..I got my VRF VR3135 116610LV about 2 months ago and got it in 7 days and a couple weeks later I placed the order for my buddy and the shipment has been on hold

Last edited:

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
I would say they both look OK. I would approve. The first pic is definitely a VRF, that insert is unmistakable. Just an aside IDK if you knew but the VRF has been reported as having slightly narrower lug width (~19.92mm) so bracelets are not going to be interchangeable. Who knows why they do that but even if you just put the Noob dial and insert into the VRF and flip it, someone will want it. Still a great watch, the SEL recess is quite good.

I definitely agree on the different lug width as I ordered the AR factory submariner bracelet and it ABSOLUTELY would not fit not only were the lugs too small but after I filed a tiny bit off the SELS it still wouldnt fit properly due to where the springbar holes were drilled in the case... so one wasted bracelet in the name of modding.. at least i was able to swap the clasp with the better AR factory clasp...

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I can confirm that the VR factory sh3135 116610ln and lv models is currently out of stock and they are waiting for parts .. ive been waiting for three weeks for a VRF 116610LN and LV that I ordered for a buddy and they still havent shipped from the factory I've ordered MANY watches from my td and hes always been straight with me ..I got my VRF VR3135 116610LV about 2 months ago and got it in 7 days and a couple weeks later I placed the order for my buddy and the shipment has been on hold

Thanks for the confirmation I’ll definitely wait for a while before ordering. It seems in the mean time dealers will try and move all the rejects until stocks return