• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help identify this hulk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Hi guys I know I shouldn’t post QC pics but I need a little help. I’ve been told this is a VRF max hulk with vr3135 but it seems like this is a noob just from looking at the wrapping. I’ve bedn told to except it or be issued a refund. If Anyone can help me identify this hulk it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

https://imgur.com/a/BrrbCXy

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
That ain't a Noob. I took one look at the first picture (the clasp) without fully reading your description and knew it was a VRF

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
Now I'm confused. Who's your TD?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The one in your first post is a VRF. Noob V9 doesn't have that kind of SEL recess. Plus the insert color is VRF. The last pic looks like a VRF also. IDK what to tell you about the stickers but Noob hasn't delivered any watches in 5-6 weeks so it's doubtful any are left to show customers. Maybe the TD isn't completely sure. They both look like decent watches, little SEL to lug gap but I would probably take either one.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I’ve ordered a VRF and noobv9 hoping to use the noob case with VRF insert and dial. I guess what I’m trying to determine is there’s no point in them sending two
VRF hulks. The TD’s last response is that the last one is noob factory. It has no barcode stickers on the sides like others QC’s I’ve seen from VR factory

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
The one in your first post is a VRF. Noob V9 doesn't have that kind of SEL recess. Plus the insert color is VRF. The last pic looks like a VRF also. IDK what to tell you about the stickers but Noob hasn't delivered any watches in 5-6 weeks so it's doubtful any are left to show customers. Maybe the TD isn't completely sure. They both look like decent watches, little SEL to lug gap but I would probably take either one.

I’ve ordered a VRF and noobv9 hoping to use the noob case with VRF insert and dial. I guess what I’m trying to determine is there’s no point in them sending two
VRF hulks. The TD’s last response is that the last one is noob factory. It has no barcode stickers on the sides like others QC’s I’ve seen from VR factory

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Completely agree there's no reason to get 2 VRFs. I looked at the watch pics you posted again very closely and I see a couple small differences between them. The VRF you show has a slightly less elongated oval hole in the coronet than the Noob. This coincides with what some of the TD pics show. The insert on the second pic you show also looks slightly darker, so there are some factors that lend support to the second one being a Noob.

On a side note, I have owned a VRF, a Noob and a BP Miyota Hulk. The BP Miyota far and away has the best dial. VRF used to use the BP dial but no more. The new VRF dial is not nearly as good, IMO. It's like the level of contrast was reduced on it, there's not as great a range of color and it's less prone to showing deep blacks.

BP Miyota

15647143792160.jpg

VRF
​​​​​​
15647144786791.jpg

Sorry the only pic I have of the Noob dial is with it in an ARF SD43 case (I do crazy stuff like this for kicks). You can see the Noob dial is a more emerald green color, while the others have a green apple hue. The Noob dial is quite pretty, personally I wouldn't swap it to the new VRF but that's personal choice. The VRF insert is better but the difference is not enormous.

15647147491503.jpg

One last comment, I see now who your TD was, I've used him. I had a similar situation where I doubted what he was showing me and found out later he was right. If he says the 2nd one is Noob, he's probably right.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
These are my dials. I'm seeing the same coronet hole difference in the dials on the two watches you were shown. The Noob hole is wider and slightly taller.

15647196341200.jpg
​​​​​​

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Your dials. Look at the coronet holes. Lower resolution will decrease the definition of the holes but there's no mistaking that they are different, and that the Noob is slightly wider and taller, just as my dials show. Also the 12 o'clock marker bottom tip is sharper on the Noob.

15647202196711.jpg

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Completely agree there's no reason to get 2 VRFs. I looked at the watch pics you posted again very closely and I see a couple small differences between them. The VRF you show has a slightly less elongated oval hole in the coronet than the Noob. This coincides with what some of the TD pics show. The insert on the second pic you show also looks slightly darker, so there are some factors that lend support to the second one being a Noob.

On a side note, I have owned a VRF, a Noob and a BP Miyota Hulk. The BP Miyota far and away has the best dial. VRF used to use the BP dial but no more. The new VRF dial is not nearly as good, IMO. It's like the level of contrast was reduced on it, there's not as great a range of color and it's less prone to showing deep blacks.

BP Miyota

15647143792160.jpg

VRF
​​​​​​
15647144786791.jpg

Sorry the only pic I have of the Noob dial is with it in an ARF SD43 case (I do crazy stuff like this for kicks). You can see the Noob dial is a more emerald green color, while the others have a green apple hue. The Noob dial is quite pretty, personally I wouldn't swap it to the new VRF but that's personal choice. The VRF insert is better but the difference is not enormous.

15647147491503.jpg

One last comment, I see now who your TD was, I've used him. I had a similar situation where I doubted what he was showing me and found out later he was right. If he says the 2nd one is Noob, he's probably right.

That BP dial is amazing I wish they still had these. Thanks for looking over the pics for me I really appreciate it mate. The TD said they’ll get back to me with the VRF QC in a couple days but the last pics of the noob I wasn’t sure of, I see what you mean with dial differences. I guess I was told originally that both these are noob so I thought how do I really know what I’m getting lol. So in your opinion the last one of the noob looks okay?

Reactions: KJ2020

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Your dials. Look at the coronet holes. Lower resolution will decrease the definition of the holes but there's no mistaking that they are different, and that the Noob is slightly wider and taller, just as my dials show. Also the 12 o'clock marker bottom tip is sharper on the Noob.

15647202196711.jpg

Sorry just confirming this is the latest QC and they are saying this is the noob.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That BP dial is amazing I wish they still had these. Thanks for looking over the pics for me I really appreciate it mate. The TD said they’ll get back to me with the VRF QC in a couple days but the last pics of the noob I wasn’t sure of, I see what you mean with dial differences. I guess I was told originally that both these are noob so I thought how do I really know what I’m getting lol. So in your opinion the last one of the noob looks okay?

I would say they both look OK. I would approve. The first pic is definitely a VRF, that insert is unmistakable. Just an aside IDK if you knew but the VRF has been reported as having slightly narrower lug width (~19.92mm) so bracelets are not going to be interchangeable. Who knows why they do that but even if you just put the Noob dial and insert into the VRF and flip it, someone will want it. Still a great watch, the SEL recess is quite good.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I would say they both look OK. I would approve. The first pic is definitely a VRF, that insert is unmistakable. Just an aside IDK if you knew but the VRF has been reported as having slightly narrower lug width (~19.92mm) so bracelets are not going to be interchangeable. Who knows why they do that but even if you just put the Noob dial and insert into the VRF and flip it, someone will want it. Still a great watch, the SEL recess is quite good.

Ah yes I’ve read the that’s it’s not easy fitting the bracelet to and from the VRF. I’ll have an ARF bracelet for the noob case though so not too worried. Okay so i need to convince my TD that it’s a VRF not a noob so they don’t get me another VRF which they are apparently sourcing now lol

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sorry just confirming this is the latest QC and they are saying this is the noob.

Missed this lol hmm, IDK. One sure way of ID'ing the Noob is from a clear pic of the rehaut. Noob has a unique two line engraving technique that Rolex used to use but doesn't anymore. Noob never quit using it. I would ask for a clear pic of the rehaut on both the ones you accept, that way you know for sure you are getting one of each.

VRF-vs-Noob-Rehaut-Medium.jpg

Reactions: AussieWatcher

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Shot of my Noob Smurf turned Shark. Send him this pic if necessary and ask him "Please can I see a pic like this?" I do it all the time.

15647284332872.jpg

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Shot of my Noob Smurf turned Shark. Send him this pic if necessary and ask him "Please can I see a pic like this?" I do it all the time.

15647284332872.jpg

That’s a great idea actually I totally forgot about the noob double line engraving. I’ll ask for some more details when they get back to me and see how it goes I can tell their patience are running thin also haha. Once again thank you for your insight on this really appreciate it. I’ll update on here how things go

Reactions: KJ2020