• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of ZZF New 114060 No Date Submariner VS Gen

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
So...I finally could take few pics of my 114060 ZZF...I am not a professional photographer as you can see, nor do I own a gen 114060 so my considerations here are based on how the watch feels and how it compares to other reps I own.
First of all maybe someone will notice that the watch has an awry dial, the dial is not correctly centered and bends few degrees clockwise, it's not so noticeable in these pics but you can see it by wearing it. I will have someone fix it.

The construction feel and the weight of the watch is nice, the bezel is the only weak point in my opinion (I don't like the pearl, looks cheap imo) but the turning of the bezel is very gen like, with firm clicks and has the adequate resistance. The brushing is nice, not gen like but compared for example to Noob (I have a daytona) it's much better, and so is the clasp.
I do not have any ARF watch yet, so I cannot make any comparison to ARF bracelets.
The dial is very glossy, nice, has got a nice deepness that many reps lack...imo there is no need for gen dial swap, meanwhile the hands I would probably swap them cause they look a bit "flat"

As I mentioned above I am really happy, I would rate it 7/10, and also the rehaut that many said to be terrible, is impossible to notice when worn.
Improvements I would say: the rotor is quite noisy, does not give justice to built quality of this watch (A2826), and probably hands could be better. Bezel and insert, I would personally suggest to swap to gen. Next step will be have the dial fixed and swap to ETA 2826...this watch deserved to be worn regularly.

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
Thank you aristole for your kind and sincere review. I’m undecided if choosing it or the 116610 3135, but I must take my decision in the next days.

Thanks again, and enjoy this beauty!

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Some of the pics in the original post - I look at them and think they used the rep for both pics of the zzf and the gen. Particularly the dial printing. Just changing the lighting. Either that, or this model is that good.

Also... What is meant by this?....

One thing shall be mentioned here is this ZZF no date sub is the only one with 904L steel bracelet 114060 on the market at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Ah man, I thought they fixed the green hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Please send some pics if you want, the watch is looking stunning. Really just want the last pics before pulling the trigger!

Sent from the RWI App

c61791b1eaf9352c8459f12700c40399.jpg

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Straight CG and the ring with too sharp teeth are 2 serious errors for this Sub. Damn!!!

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Wich version have best teeth, Noob or ARF?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Looks pretty good stufuse ! Is the liquid dial gone? Surely the best no date sub you can get!

Liquid is gone yea, the horrid engraving in the rehaut is gone now too. the dial is so gen like, I’m so happy the lume colour and the dial markers are now nicely rounded.

Bezel scallops are too deep
Indeed. That’s a little annoying and the hands aren’t amazing but I think I could live with this one with just gen hands

I do think this the best no date we have. the noob insert, dial, hands are shit it. It looks cheap and nasty IMO, this looks much better.

Last edited:

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Liquid is gone yea, the horrid engraving in the rehaut is gone now too. the dial is so gen like, I’m so happy the lume colour and the dial markers are now nicely rounded.

Bezel scallops are too deep
Indeed. That’s a little annoying and the hands aren’t amazing but I think I could live with this one with just gen hands

I do think this the best no date we have. the noob insert, dial, hands are shit it. It looks cheap and nasty IMO, this looks much better.

What do you think about the bracelet? Someone told that is good, someone told that is quite bad...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Will it take gen hands on 2836 movement?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk