• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of ZZF New 114060 No Date Submariner VS Gen

shortlegs

31/5/19
Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but does the no date sub still have the same problem of dial contour depressions around the indices that we noticed in the sub date?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but does the no date sub still have the same problem of dial contour depressions around the indices that we noticed in the sub date?

That’s what I was looking for

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15

Blackcalf

Known Member
5/6/17
Madrid
You can’t fix rehaut though...? Noob you can put an ARF bracelet to fix sel...ARF you can swap DW and crystal..
It's true, but for this price I found this version the best option. Color of the font on the bezel is exactly same (silver/platinum), AR and N always much lighter then Gen.

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2S mediante Tapatalk

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
It's true, but for this price I found this version the best option. Color of the font on the bezel is exactly same (silver/platinum), AR and N always much lighter then Gen.

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2S mediante Tapatalk

Zzf uses clean insert...you can order to put on noob and ARF for $90

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Most who did this helped fixed the issue.

what did they fix and how did they fix it? cause i am interested myself. is there a guide? i've googled and searched and seen nothing but people stating it doesn't fit quite right.

also, clean inserts can't be sold separately anymore. zzf bought them out.

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
what did they fix and how did they fix it? cause i am interested myself. is there a guide? i've googled and searched and seen nothing but people stating it doesn't fit quite right.

also, clean inserts can't be sold separately anymore. zzf bought them out.

Just buy an ARF bracelet from your TD.should be around $160 plus shipping. It should bolt right onto your noob. Most I’ve seen that did this fixed the issue

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Just buy an ARF bracelet from your TD.should be around $160 plus shipping. It should bolt right onto your noob. Most I’ve seen that did this fixed the issue

And I'm stating that many people who did this stated that the bracelet is fidgety and isn't 100% and when you move around with the watch on your wrist, there are wide gaps between the SELs and the case

I was looking forward to this option and was disappointed when I found that out

which is why I'm waiting for the next iteration of Noob or ZZF (or maybe a no date ARF)

Last edited:

Rolliefanatic

13/3/14

yeah, seems to have the same issue. You can clearly see on a video demo when the light transversely reflects the dial. That's why I am not sure to buy one. I think that the NOOB v8 it's better on the dial.

Reactions: roychoo92

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
And I'm stating that many people who did this stated that the bracelet is fidgety and isn't 100% and when you move around with the watch on your wrist, there are wide gaps between the SELs and the case

which is why I'm waiting for the next iteration of Noob or ZZF (or maybe a no date ARF)

Zero gaps when using ARF bracelet on Noob (and vice versa). Tested on v7 / v8 nodate and various others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15

Ive personally put two ARF bracelets on my Noob and both had 0 gaps. One bracelet I had ordered to try out just for kicks, as I did the write up for the forum, and the other I had from an ARF based watch. I've seen more positive reactions than negatives on here and RG (rep geek).

Heres a very current pict of my NOOb v9 with ARF bracelet..

Reactions: Rolemars

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Heres the same watch next to my gen LB...look at the SEL's and 0-gaps....almost gen like...my arf watch SEL gap was deeper than my v9...you can't tell by itself but put next to gen and you can see it. The current cases of the v9 may have issues as i was told and have seem that Noob started to use boxier cases...Just like them to do so..

6F124842-D023-4364-A2AE-CCA78612EE054c4b706a9b22e2f6.jpg

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
and look i am not saying one is better than the other as I like them all (noob, arf, vrf, and zzf) ...all can be fixed based on how much you want to spend. I take the pros n cons of a build and say..what can i fix for less amount of money while maintaining a high quality build. i wouldn't buy the zzf just yet(wait for a better version)..just because i have no access to anyone who can redo the rehaut. that is one of the top 5 things someone looks at when spotting a fake. very hard and time consuming to put a DWO on ARF 2824..bolt in for 3135..but then you have the fat case issue also, which I don't mind. at the end..for me at least..how hard would it be to tackle the issues that all of them have..and how much $$$ will it cost me to shell out to fix. I think everyone here wonders the same thing.

Reactions: onewatch2018

ADumbassDolphin

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/8/19
I got the ZZF 114060 and I also have a noob V8 114060 with the SpongeBob mod. The ZZF is great but unfortunately the dial has the indentations around the markers. The markers are perfect however. My noob looks good except the markers have sharp corners. Is it possible to remove the markers from the ZZF dial and put them on the noob dial?

Mav2000

10/1/19
Can you post some pics. Sad that it has the same indentations like the date version. i would have thought they would have sorted that out.