• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of ZZF New 114060 No Date Submariner VS Gen

Piere_Sec

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/19
This insert looks so good! Dial print is insane too
So, how about using this dial and insert on a V8? Wouldn't that be a great marriage?

Disclaimer: consider me a noob in the rep game.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
So, how about using this dial and insert on a V8? Wouldn't that be a great marriage?

Disclaimer: consider me a noob in the rep game.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

I would do that for sure

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
So I am currently trying to source genuine parts for a 114060 build with either a Noob V9 or an ARF as a base. But the dial on the ZZF looks amazingly good... And so does the insert. Would it be a better option to get a ZZF, replace the hands and call it a day? I see that the rehaut is quite bad.. I see people commenting about the CG's, are they located too high? I can't spot the difference..

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
So I am currently trying to source genuine parts for a 114060 build with either a Noob V9 or an ARF as a base. But the dial on the ZZF looks amazingly good... And so does the insert. Would it be a better option to get a ZZF, replace the hands and call it a day? I see that the rehaut is quite bad.. I see people commenting about the CG's, are they located too high? I can't spot the difference..

I have to build this watch too bro. Do you know whats the damn difference between v9 and ARF case??
if there is no difference the best way to go would be ARF with CF bezel and insert and gen dial, hands and crystal. But case confusing me the most.

shortlegs

31/5/19
Has anyone bought this yet? Would like to check if the dial has the same contour problems as the sub date.

Reactions: Giammaz8

Rockinmakicks

Known Member
17/6/19
Crown position too low. That’s the reason for the incorrect shape of the CGs.

Greets Andi

Can you point out where you saw the crown is too low? I thought the OP mention it is adjusted same as Gen?

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Just felt like posting: ZZF has the best rep 3,6,9,12 dial markers, best seconds hand, best insert..

That being said, and I should keep my mouth shut so I don’t end up on the TD’s black list, the lacquered dial, trash rehaut engravings, wrong bezel teeth spacing, lacking bracelet with non-rounded clasp corners and barely-there polished rehaut edge are all dealbreakers for me. Not to mention in gen vs rep pictures the ZZF subs seem to be overall
The biggest disappointment is that these types of flaws are deeper than the usual things that we see factories update with their v1,v2v3 like merely tweaking a color of paint or fixing a date font, which means I don’t think it’s realistic to expect an acceptable iteration ZZF subs.

TLDR; imho ZZF subs will ever only be good for parts.

buuuut I don’t like being a negative Nancy so I will say I am excited to have more options for genlike parts and also I’m hopeful that somebody who buys one will show pictures whereby some miracle I’m proven wrong

RolexApLovers

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/4/19
I will going to order this just to check it plus dial & hands can be put o Noob one and call it a day :)

Matteo1989

Renowned Member
24/4/18
You better get the ZZF first and shoot some comparison pics for us. Then you could also combine the best parts of both watches and sell the rest after that ;)

I have to evaluate ...
Why would you hold on to noob v8?

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
I have to evaluate ...
Why would you hold on to noob v8?

I wouldn't personally. But Im not in possession of a v8. I had a V7 and sold that pretty quick due to the bezel.
In my eyes, the ZZF looks rather promising. Even if it's only for parts...

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Question about crystal. Is it same spec as 116610 just without cyclops of course? Can it be removed cyclops from gen and installed on 114060?