• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of ZZF New 114060 No Date Submariner VS Gen

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
Hi guys,

After a while 116610LN Submariner, ZZF is now ready to release their new 114060 No Date Submariner finally.

Luckily we had the sample back a few days ago and had prepared a quick review about it vs the genuine.

As I would like to keep the objective attitude on this review, so I'd prefer to speak less words this time myself and let the pictures talks more.

Some relevant posts are as below for some new members as references:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...nd-comparison-vs-gen-arf-noob-and-nail-part-i
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...d-comparison-vs-gen-arf-noob-and-nail-part-ii
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...n-factory-v2-insert-for-rolex-116610-ln-vs-v1

OK, let's go down to check some pictures.

DSC-4601.jpg

General Front View

image.jpg

Side View

image.jpg

Case Back

image.jpg

Bracelet

One thing shall be mentioned here is this ZZF no date sub is the only one with 904L steel bracelet 114060 on the market at the moment.

image.jpg

Crown Guard

0.jpg

30.jpg

50.jpg

image.jpg

Insert Engraving and Pearl

As many people already know that this insert is from Clean Factory with real platinum plating, it is really nice from what we can see from the pictures as well as I see it personally in my hands.

image.jpg

Bezel Teeth

Same vertical brushed in the teeth, but it seems that the ZZF teeth is a little bit wider than the genuine.

LOGO.jpg

image.jpg

Dial Printing

The printing above 6 marker has different font between the first line "SUBMARINER" and the rest 3 lines. ZZF made it good at this spot.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Markers on Dial

ZZF markers have the round edges close to the genuine, same as the 116610LN we have seen before.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hand Stack, Hour hand and Minute Hand

image.jpg

Dial Edge

ZZF makes the dial edges rounded close as genuine as well.

LOGO.jpg

image.jpg

Rehaut Engraving

It is kinda like the 116610LN version, the rehaut on ZZF sub is a weak point of this rep. But from we can see on this sample, the alignment of the engraving seems better than 116610LN version now.

DSC-4808.jpg

DSC-4807.jpg

DSC-4817.jpg

DSC-4816.jpg

DSC-4814.jpg

DSC-4812.jpg

DSC-4810.jpg

DSC-4809.jpg

ZZ3130 Clone Movement

From the factory info, their new No Date Submariner is using a custom made 3130 clone movement.
And we can see from the picture, this movement might be the only clone 3130 movement using blue parachrom balance spring.
Hour and minute hands are adjusted on the first crown gear same as genuine one.

Overall, I think ZZF No Date sub would be a good choice on this model myself, after I have seen and felt it personally.
But like what I always said in other threads, this is only my opinion, everyone will be always be welcomed to share different thoughts and opinions here.

OK, this will be the end of this quick review now.
See you guys around and cheers!

All the best
Li

Jtime Watch

Rastapopoulos

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
5/4/19
Germany
Wow, that insert is looking great! Markers seem to be very nice too. Biggest flaw should be the hands and rehaut engravings... Thanks for this review, still dont know which maker to buy o_O

shortlegs

31/5/19
Externally, seems like its just the crown guards, hands and rehaut. Any idea if the dial has the same depressions around the indices as the submariner date? If it solves the dial problem, then it's a mighty fine looking rep.

Internally I hope the A3130 movement will prove to be reliable.

Great to see another great looking rep from ZZF!

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Crown position too low. That’s the reason for the incorrect shape of the CGs.

Greets Andi

Reactions: vcappp

shortlegs

31/5/19
Crown position too low. That’s the reason for the incorrect shape of the CGs.

Greets Andi

But if it has the clone 3130 movement, shouldn't the crown position be the same? From the photo it does look similar.

I thought the crown guards look incorrect not because of the crown position, but how the outsides are more straight instead of sloped like the gen.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
But if it has the clone 3130 movement, shouldn't the crown position be the same? From the photo it does look similar.

I thought the crown guards look incorrect not because of the crown position, but how the outsides are more straight instead of sloped like the gen.

It’s a 2836 with decoration hence the low position. A shame!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
when will it be available?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Reactions: HellBozz

Cordsen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/17
Denmark
Is it possible to insert the ZZF dial into the JF v2 SH3130? As I can see the markers looks great and round.

Reactions: HellBozz

Overmerc

Horology Curious
11/5/19
Thanks ! Nice review! The most important question is how reliable is this caliber?

FiRep

Horology Curious
27/5/19
Wow, this looks very promosing indeed! Any idea when it will be available?

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Thanks for your review, Li.
Credit where credit is due:
The good: Amazing update of the Clean bezel insert. For one, it no longer is a triangle with a FLAT top, he he. The markers are awesome, too. The dial and markers are good, too.
Downside would be the incorrect TOO SHARP bezel teeth just like the LN version. The scallops are too wide, thus teeth are sharper. Reminds me of ARF's SD43. Same issue.
And Andi is correct. Wrong crown guards cuz the crown sits too low, and as stated above, this is because the movement is just a decorated 2836.
Congratulations for the updates, Li!